Laptop recommendation

Wasn't sure if I should ask /v/ or Jow Forums but I got a lot of extra money and I'm thinking of investing in a mostly gaming laptop I can use for college on the side

What does Jow Forums recommend?
My budget is around $600

Attached: Screenshot_20180621-183801.jpg (482x282, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dellrefurbished.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6440-135975.html
ubuntu.com/desktop
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0
ebay.com.au/itm/202243475105
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a thinkpad for 40 bucks, install gentoo and invest in something

Macbook Pro with Touch Bar

>investing
>gaming laptop

a laptop isn't an investment

Check the wiki, logicalincrements, or laptopscribes.com or just kys.

I've been looking for a cheap ThinkPad and I can only find overpriced bullshit, where do you guys find these cheap ass ThinkPads?

>gaming laptop for college

when will this meme stop?

buy a refurbished business laptop for under 200 dollars on ebay. look for a hp elitebook, a lenovo thinkpad or a dell laditude. forget about the gaming shit. stick to a console.

there is no way you could get a good gaming laptop for 600 dollars. what you will most likely get is a laptop that barely plays 2009 games

Attached: nyan.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

you look for refurbished ones on ebay. you don't buy new

>a lot of extra money
>$600
$600 isn't really enough to get you a decent gaming laptop.
Unironically, buy an old i7 Thinkcentre and throw a 1060 in it for gaming at home, then buy a Thinkpad x230 for college work. This setup will outperform a $600 gaming laptop and will still be within budget.

Yeah, I have been, but it seems like everything is either broken to shit or $100 more than it should be.

They're right, OP. I bought an x220 for $100 on eBay (with an included ultrabase) and put in a $200 1 TB SSD and it does everything I need it to. Buy a PS4 (or switch if you're onions) or build a cheap pc if you want to play indie games that aren't graphics intensive or emulate.

>investing
>laptop
Yea boi you gonna get mad returns on that investment. Like -75% the second you open the box.

i didn't see that*

You don’t want to carry around a gaming laptop, get a smaller business laptop second hand and put the leftover money towards a desktop or console. A ps4 is an easy buy now anyway with the price of graphics and memory, it also has some great exclusives. Get a switch if you want something portable.

Buy from Lenovo and wait 10 months for your new Thinkpad.

Attached: Jew hd.jpg (501x501, 51K)

I bought one of these earlier this year and had a good experience with this seller.

dellrefurbished.com/laptops/dell-latitude-e6440-135975.html

Dell Latitude E6440
Outstanding reliability and performance
Travel and work with confidence knowing your Latitude E6440 features a business-rugged design. It’s MIL-STD-810G-tested Tri-metal chassis, anodized-aluminum exterior and powdercoated base combine for exceptional strength and lasting good looks.

This unit features:
Processor: Intel Core i7 (i7-4610M) 3.00 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 256 GB
Display: 14" FHD (1920 x 1080)
$519.00

Attached: Dell_Latitude_E6440.jpg (350x350, 18K)

I like the rrackpoint but any recs with dedicated gpu?

Not op but how's dell inspiron 5566 I think it has good Linux drivers and a comes with a radeon GPU, besides that it seems to have OK refrigeration and easily swappable parts

The Latitude I bought was a bit different and less expensive. It has an Nvidia NVS 4200M and Intel HD on the processor - a bit weird. It was a cosmetic grade B but it is in excellent condition. I am very pleased.

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-06-21 22-04-46.png (1600x900, 322K)

why didn't you just install Ubuntu mate?

This is Ubuntu Mate.

Got a Dell laptop on sale and it came preinstalled with Win 10. I've been using win 7 forever and I can't get used to this shit. What the fuck can I do ? Of course, there's no drivers on dell support for win 7

You could boot a Live USB of Ubuntu and explore it without any significant commitments. And if you like it...

ubuntu.com/desktop
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0

Attached: Ubuntu_logo.png (200x200, 4K)

Thanks! I'll give it a try

Cheap Thinkpad (xx20 or xx30 series) and EGPU setup.

Attached: 1474604386518.jpg (200x252, 10K)

You know my aorus x3 r7 gets hot but a 13.9 inch laptop with a 1060 and a 7700hq it does a great job without all the extra egpu hardware

Don't make the same mistake that I did! Don't buy a cheap gaming laptop. A gaming laptop under 1000$ is basically a super shitty laptop, with a mediocre graphics card thrown in.

Instead, get a thinkpad for 50-200$, and save up for a gaming desktop.

Shopineer.com click gaming laptops
Best you can find for 600 will be a dell 5567 woth a 1050. Try to pish budget to 900 or so and get a 1060 or at the very least a 1050ti. Sorry op but for 600 you cant get a good gaming laptop unless its used.

Chromebook. Video games have made you retarded.

So something like this?
ebay.com.au/itm/202243475105

I'm looking for a laptop to replace my parents shitty old prebuilt that's dying.