What VPN do you use? What VPN should anyone use?

What VPN do you use? What VPN should anyone use?

Attached: ovpn2.jpg (1059x858, 139K)

I usually just use the VPN server function on my router (an AC68U, similar to yours) to access my home stuff. I've never used the VPN client and am curious to how well it works.

Currently using Nord since I suck good duck, will try another is duck seasoning is bad now.

As if I'm going to name my VPN so a bunch of shitty tards can abuse it on Jow Forums and get them banned.

Your own using Wireguard or Shadowsocks
Either is good
Note: you lose against intelligence agency every time

Attached: 5r5iuvcgyc511.jpg (3024x4032, 753K)

Isn't this PPTP VPN? As in, literally no security at all?

I use ExpressVPN, it’s pretty good, also app for the phone too which is nice

Have had good luck with proxy.sh but I'd like to setup my own with a VPS

Air VPN, they take crypto which is nice

I paid for 2 years of PIA, so I'm stuck with it for a while; it was ok at first, and they seem good on privacy and shit, but all their software fucking sucks, and I end up using it through OpenVPN

NordVPN
Speed is ok, I'm getting up to 20MB/s with their dedicated P2P servers and I paid pretty much nothing for 3 years

Any recommended free VPN?
I just want to visit wikipedia and post dank meme.

Attached: 1502202124392.jpg (640x960, 66K)

Same here. Vpn server on my rt51 is supetcomfy
Ps. Are your torrent clients on asus router as slow and unusable as mine. Android download manager app fucking itsef continuusly?

Look for one that isn't based in one of the 19 eyes states, if pressured they have to give up all user data to the government in those countries. Other than that I guess the only important thing is which ones aren't blocked by Jow Forums and Netflix and the like. This goes for everyone, not just people who browse and meme

Are those free SSL proxy are safe?

Why do you need a VPN, OP?

>19 eye states
LOL, is that like the 14 Eyes Countries? At least get your paranoid conspiracies right user?

Running your own VPN defeats the purpose...

Are you aware that "P" in VPN doesn't stand for "Pedo"?

>/nu/g/ the post

Can I blame reddit and Jow Forumsthe_donald ?

What did his comment have to do with Pedos. Nothing in this thread even hinted at Pedos. Are you projecting your own insecurities because you're a Pedo, Pedophile?

Running a VPN isn't just for privacy.

You can use it to connect to your own LAN from anywhere and only worry about securing your connection to the VPN.

I use openvpn for my stuff at home

That's exactly what I meant and then these
two homegrown Assagnes went ballistic. (Nah, Not really assagnes, just ordinary loli collectors)
T.guy who runs his own vpn and know how it works.

I owned seedbox(pic related) and it offered VPN connection to the country where seedbox server held.

Attached: Whatbox.png (287x175, 2K)

Wireguard or OpenVPN if your system doesn't support that

nice

This.

VPNs do not protect you while you do illegal shit. That is not their purpose. It has never been their purpose. It doesn't anonymize you. It doesn't hide your ass from the feds. It doesn't do anything but encrypt your traffic between two endpoints so you can have a Virtual Private Network. It's in the fucking name.

If you're using a VPN to hide your nefarious Internet shenanigans, that you haven't been v& only means that you aren't under suspicion and nobody's watching. Yet. But if you sign up at the world's best "no log" VPN, you might as well put a sign in your front yard that says "A KID FUCKER LIVES HERE".

On mine with Merlin FW I can set up a connection but can't remove one easily. You can stop it easily but it will kick back on after any type of reboot. It sucks because I cant access Amazon on mine and sometimes myspeeds can't even get to 10mbps when I have 100 coming in.

Shadowsocks does not have this problem

user, are you having a stroke? Post acute animu girl if yes.

IPVanish if you want stability and excellent speeds. But since it's located in the USA some of you paranoid autists will probably avoid it. I've tried a handful of them and IPVanish is easily the best.

mullvad, nordvpn
but to be honest you should run your own if you are actually concerned and not looking for convenience

Does PIA work for Jow Forums? Interested in buying the humble bundle for it

There's 19 of them ,the last 5 just have slightly more lax security than the first 5 and the 14

Astrill since despite being targeted by China, they are also one of the oldest ones here and thus most experienced with dealing with their bullshit.

>rotate through cheap VPS providers every few months
>wireguard

How do you hide torrents from the feds then? I tried using a blocking program with ip lists before but I still got CD emails from Charter.

most of the ips are probably blacklisted. i was able to post from one of their servers a year or two ago, but that was the only time. if they get new ips, then you could probably post for a short amount of time before they get picked up.

vpn works fine for that purpose. just use one that doesn't log and uses shared ip addresses.

I use Private Internet Access, but it's probably a big enough target that it's compromised by the feds in some way, yeah?

The problem is that the bigger a VPN provider is the more likely they are to be compromised. You can roll your own on a VPS or something, but then you run the same problem of the host being compromised, plus you're uniquely identifiable at that point.

You could go with a smaller VPN provider or one in a country where you think the NSA doesn't have jurisdiction (ha ha), but then you run the risk of the VPN provider harvesting your traffic for it's own purposes.

I still use PIA though because I mainly don't want "looks at lots of hentai" to end up in my Lexisnexis profile when my ISP sells all my data to them.