Nightly C++ hate thread

So when did you realise that C++ is a complete garbage?

>open-std.org/Jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_defects.html
2000 language defects LMAO. That's why I am sticking with Python.

Attached: r_893950_1N9LN.jpg (630x1000, 107K)

I licked a negro once

>Python

>Python
gr8 b8

What's wrong with Python?

it isnt c

Only some 500 times slower than C.

>not writing in assembly
See ya later brainlets

>He doesn't program in Ada
fucking plebs

When I investigated the Iterator type and its ilk and realized that it's not a type at all, but a "concept", not to be formalized until some possible future version of C++. Right now it's mostly a gentlemen's agreement, so you can name a template parameter Iterator and do whatever you want with no type checking. This leads to those ten-page incomprehensible error messages when you have a stupid typo somewhere.
IN BRIEF: C++ is basically Python.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.14.42 PM.png (688x78, 21K)

at compiletime, important distinction.

>That's why I am sticking with Python.
Brainlet.

Attached: cpepe.jpg (609x304, 110K)

To brainlets who don't get what's wrong with OP:

C++ is a language with an international standard, and it's used to write safety-critical systems.

Those defects are basically issues reported while writing the standard, which is perfectly fine. It's like having a bug tracker with many issues, which is normal for any large project.

Pythons has no formal specification, it's completely ad-hoc, so there is no equivalent. No doubt the list would be much bigger if someone tried to standardize Python.

>cpython
When it really is C and you’re just autistic

Why doesn't python have switch statements?

Written in C doesn't mean it is C. YARV is written in C and it is even slower than cpython, incredibly. Even the fastest implementations, like Pypy, don't mitigate the issue. It's ironic to me that "pythonic" code generally entails C modules doing all of the work. Oops, our programmers only know Python, so they can't get their hands dirty with the C side to fix some important problem! Let's just do the whole thing in C++ next time...

It's not compatible with python.

>Python
Lmao, what a retard.

This. Learning platform specific assembly is great for making small and efficient programs. It's hard to use but can be rewarding for some things. Only disadvantage is lack of portability.

Attached: 1526257674443.jpg (734x558, 55K)

500? Its way worse than that

Ok pajeet

But that's not a problem, if performance is a real issue I can code the required parts in C and export them as a module to Python.

>That's why I am sticking with Python.

Good, C++ is for smart people only.

Python is an interpreted language... As in get a haircut and get a real job.

>So when did you realise that C++ is a complete garbage?
2004, in the university

When I started to learn Rust.

duck typing

C++ is the programming language of the true patriots. Bjarne did nothing wrong. Only niggers have difficulties understanding C++

Oh, thanks.

Not OP, but I'll still defend Python because the shit I do with it isn't mission critical.

I licked a chigro once

All the replies to this post are correct.

That in itself is a problem that causes performance, deployability and reliability problems.

There is a lot to criticize C++ about. Like it's initialization. Fucking bonkers. Template errors messages are incomprehensible.

It's just that programmers with C hacker syndrome can't criticize C++ properly.

This. Even Barneys own recent "Vasa" article is a more honest critique of what is wrong with C++ than what most Ceniles spout. Of course, he doesn't come to the overall conclusion what is wrong about C++, namely
basing it on C other than basic statement syntax
giving it to a committee which resulted in all other problems
, but C leets haxors are just hypocrites at this point.

cute

If the committee decided to remove most/all backwards compatibility with C and removed other cruft from the language would it improve it massively?

>Let's just do the whole thing in C++ next time..
>Current year
You do realize it's very common to use C++ as a back end and a higher level language like Python and C# on the front end right?

Not OP, my bad
That's hard to say, I'm no compilers expert, but probably not. C++'s major selling point is being multi-paradigm. A big part of that factor has to do with functional programming abilities, which is basically what separates the two languages apart. There's that, and member functions.

I actually only use penis for the front and back ends, i dont get any snakes involved

If C was the english language, C++ would be french, sophisticated, subtle, beautiful and borderline sexual. But of course hard to learn for anglosaxons.

>namely
>basing it on C other than basic statement syntax
What exactly was wrong with this? I mean it definitely made more sense in the 80s so people could easily port their C programs to C++

French is garbage though, literally sounds like someone is sucking a cock while they speak it

> sophisticated, subtle, beautiful and borderline sexual.
> C++
You have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

yeah moar lyk a very very dirty whore that's so ugly to look at but does the job fast and efficiently

clarification, fast and efficiently when it's actually time to fuck but for some reason meeting up is the hardest thing ever

Attached: 1529296344319.gif (500x493, 631K)

More like she tears the condom while trying to pull it over your dick, so you have to drive to the next supermarket to buy a new one, and when you get back with it, you come in 5 minutes, but you really don't want to try getting it up again, because her pussy is kind of stinky and her dirty talk is ridiculous.
So you take your leave, trying to pay, she wants you to also pay for the time that you went to the supermarket, which doesn't make sense, so you refuse to pay.
She in turn calls her pimp, which is a huge half-african dude, who tries to intimidate you into paying.
Since you really don't want stress you just pay the 15 bucks the whore wants from you.

That funny because it's pretty accurate.

Attached: 1376422129379.gif (250x273, 608K)

>basing it on C other than basic statement syntax
I disagree. This is actually a good thing. I can make posix stuff like memory mapping a lot easier to work with by wrapping functionality into classes.

>pythonbabby hates C++
What's the matter, can't figure out how to manage memory?

Attached: 1504439374540.jpg (390x377, 25K)

What saftey critical system are written in c++? Important stuff is written in good languages like Ada. 95 percent of the code on an Airplane is wirtten in Ada. And that is US firms being behind the curve. French aerospace companies write in a language that is so high level it makes Python look like C. They aren't allowed to go anywhere near C++ for any reason.

>French aerospace companies write in a language that is so high level it makes Python look like C.
source

And then you have an unportable program that you might as well just make with C/C++ entirely.

C++ strengths are related to what you can make with the language. It might be an ugly hack on top of a prehistoric language, but when you need to chase both performance and managing software with complex structure, it gets the job done.

Because GVR is a gay retard

>French aerospace companies write in a language that is so high level it makes Python look like C. They aren't allowed to go anywhere near C++ for any reason.
And that is why none of their planes actually fly.

>Mon dieu! I'm not in the mood for flying today, baise toi!

I switched to coding exclusively in magnetic rope core. Boss can't fire or replace me. Slowest spreadsheets in the game, but no buffer overflows like some nig C++ faggots.

Attached: 2934185b676667240de25d11766b76df.jpg (666x578, 114K)