Photographer here

I need a computer that is great for photo editing and storing a lot of pictures. What would be a great computer for under 600$? I'd like it to be i7.

Attached: dw.jpg (500x500, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-Radeon-Graphics/dp/B079D8FD28
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't really need a good computer per se, just get one with a sort-of good graphics card or gpu and make sure you have a high-resolution monitor. For the storage, you can get separate hdd's or externals.

get something used off of craislist/facebook marketplace and it should be good enough for your needs, especially if some noob is selling it with a good gfx card

look around for nearby schools that are giving away old computers.
it is cheaper for them to give away than it is to dispose of them.
i picked up a few free i7 3770 machines a couple years back. kept one and gave the other two to my friend and his mom.
so get a free computer, then spend your budget on some nice network storage

nevermind guys, found one that suits my needs.
Thanks anyways

you're not OP you fag I am.

What the hell, guys? Do I need to get a trip?

OP here. sorry for not reading the rules. I realize now Jow Forums isn't my tech support.

Why is this always the worst board for help, it's like you guys wallow in misery.

Materialism really does turn you into a shit person.

Asking for recommendation not tech support.

Stop impersonating me for fucks sake, anyway, how's a Ryzen 5 2400G for my purposes?

God I hate this place. Is that a laptop?

It's because as soon as someone finds out that you're good with computers, you become THAT guy. The one they go to every time their dumb ass fucks something up by being retarded, and they expect you to fix it for them quickly and for free. We get enough of this in real life, we don't need it here too.

OP, fuck off and google it.

I just want a damn recommendation and i'll be on my way. And ain't me.

I just came back and see all of this. Lol.

CPU with decent (for your purposes) integrated graphics. The price is really good for what you are getting. Just make sure you have a 1920x1080 or higher monitor (and depending on what you do, you might want to check the color capabilities of your monitor) and maybe 8GB or more of RAM, considering you'll be using Photoshop and the like.

amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-Radeon-Graphics/dp/B079D8FD28

Okay, fine.
I recommend you go fuck yourself.

Ok, looking over things there is no way in all of hell I'm using Ryzen. Might as well just use a labtop.

this is what i recommend OP
>tastes good
>nutritious
>takes only 90 seconds to prepare

Attached: hot_pocket.gif (280x280, 38K)

Edgy.

>ask for recommendations
>get recommendations
>"uh no me don't likey"
How about you get out?
You might as well be an Incel shill cosplaying as OP.

You forgot to mention its made of shit? Srs the ingredients are like "sodium, sugar and food dyes."

Nothing beats a home cooked meal. In a rush? Plan ahead !

cheapest system with 2400g, 16 gb ram, ssd

> need a computer that is great for photo editing and storing a lot of pictures.
Buy a desktop computer with a SSD (120GB actually will do) for your current edits and a HDD (dunno, 10TB?) for the older photos in the primary cache .

You'll want a RAID6 array or something to store them longer-term too, but that's on another NAS.

If you don't use Adobe's crappy software, you'll probably be fine with a mid-range machine and 4-8GB RAM. Get DxO's or PhaseOne's editing software instead or even use Corel's or Darktable, eh.

BTW, for all other components you got:
logicalincrements.com/

You can take a GPU from a lower tier, it'll probably be okay.

a lenovo kys-kun 1051 is exactly 600 dollars