Limits download speed to 14kbps

>limits download speed to 14kbps

Attached: 1505077475136.png (256x256, 1K)

Soulseek is one of the best music sharing program ever made.
You can find anything

This is unironically pretty arousing, whatever it's supposed to be. Why can't the qbittorrent mascot look like this instead of being a retarded-looking dragon.

most of which is locked

depends on two factors
-how esoteric the music is
-how pretentious the fanbase of said music is

>in 128kb/s mp3

There's about 200 artists on my list from bandcamp and other various sites that are not on there. Not sure if a private tracker even has them.

Try searching with "flac" you dum-dum
There are many people like me that share some of their collection on there.

Also, great place to find old movies.

Nobody has flacs of anything besides that one fuck who has every single album locked and asks for trades.

What's the problem here? For obscure music 128kbps mp3 is better than nothing. If you wanna complain about quality, go to what.cd...oh wait.

>Nobody has flacs of anything besides that one fuck who has every single album locked and asks for trades.
Sure thing. There's of course no way of verifying this after downloading.

You mispelled redacted.ch

You misspelled the god of music, apollo.rip
Let's ripping, boiz!

lmao just talk to the guy, make a music trueque you nigger

i have the advantage of being in a shitworld country, i trade them some local albums that are total crap and the fucking hipsters believe that they are good because "oh so underground"

>talking to people
Ew

If the stuff you're into isn't too esoteric, you can just download your flacs from streaming sites like Tidal, Deezer or Qobuz. There's tons of tools for that on Github/Gitlab. And because the files come directly from the labels, there's pretty much no chance of them being badly ripped, transcoded mp3s or something.

>And because the files come directly from the labels, there's pretty much no chance of them being badly ripped, transcoded mp3s or something.
Yeah, no. Deezer and tidal are full of transcodes, which is why when uploading any obtained via these methods to RED you have to thoroughly check spectrals.

>because the files come directly from the labels, there's pretty much no chance of them being badly ripped, transcoded mp3s or something.
How wrong you are. It's not just record labels, Amazon is also guilty of this. Thing is they throw the CD/DVD into a blackbox, then it outputs files, then they upload them for you to purchase. No amount of tweaking, or using the latest encoder with tuning, or dual passes are done. You get lower quality files than simply doing it yourself every single time.

>you can just download your flacs from streaming sites like Tidal, Deezer or Qobuz
do people unironically do this?

slsk chatrooms are one of the most insufferable circlejerks i've ever seen.

Also great for non-music. A lot of people just share their download folders.

Saw some retards accidentally sharing bitcoin wallets a couple years, it got so bad the devs wordfiltered wallet.dat ...

Obviously you're not gonna find indie bedroom pop artist #356 on soulseek, but if you were a good human being and actually liked the artist you would buy the album and then upload it to soulseek.

I wanna use it but I hear stories of shitty transcodes, being blocked for stupid reasons, and people not sharing shit unless you "trade" or just wanting to keep it their group or themselves

Tbh it's like the private tracker scene, a lot of people are just there because they have nothing better to do with their time, and being "responsible" for sharing rare music makes them feel self-important
Those people don't give a shit about sharing, it's all about status.

Just route around them and ignore them completely, your experience will be much better.

Attached: seriousBusinessEgo.jpg (500x349, 20K)

maybe i'm a normie when it comes to this shit but why aren't yall just using youtube? Is it just for the flac autismo?

i dont have any limits but someone might think that i have because multiple things are being transfered at the same time so theres not much bandwidth for everything.

enjoy your audio watermarks

>download an album once in flac
>tag it properly, get album art and all
>store it on a ridiculously big hard drive / home server
>never have to download it again
just feels good having a lossless copy. formats like opus are still evolving and getting more and more transparent at lower bitrates, so in the future if I wanted to compress my entire music library at 96kbit opus for a portable device, I can do that.

so yea, in short, autismo. But it makes sense.

why not use dc++ instead? sounds like this but without the shitty features

This video is not available / has been blocked in your country.

Oops, now no one has a copy because they all went to youtube.