All I want is a simple pocket computer for typing notes and organizing my diary without having Google or Apple looking...

All I want is a simple pocket computer for typing notes and organizing my diary without having Google or Apple looking up my anus.

Why don't they make these anymore?

Attached: psion-i-hand.jpg (378x361, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Nokia-E72-Mobile-Phone-3G-Wifi-5MP-Unlocked-
education.ti.com/en/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-84-plus
github.com/thearkadia/The_Ark/blob/master/README.md
github.com/thearkadia/portfolio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well you could get one of those GPD things. Presumably you don't want Microsoft's cock up your ass either, but I think they have a Linux version. There's that Pyra thing too, which I think is supposed to be even smaller but expensive and not very fast.

.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Nokia-E72-Mobile-Phone-3G-Wifi-5MP-Unlocked-

get a nano motherboard and unironically install TempleOS

This. Your only options are the GPD Pocket, the overpriced Pyra doodleathing, and the Gemini PDA. The last one seems perfect for your case as it can run Linux while being smartphone size, but the GPD Pocket is x86.

Smartphone with no SIM and switch off WIFI. Move files using usb cable or memory card.

Just use lineage without gapps and sync your calendar with nextcloud like the rest of us

No one is going to use that shit OS

t. CIA nigger

This, just put an old phone into airplane mode.

Your cellphone, just debotnet it and put a pajeet botnet instead.
/thread

>they don't make those anymore
education.ti.com/en/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-84-plus

Typing on keyboards this small is fucking annoying. An X220 is about as small as you can go and have typing be comfy.
Or hell, just carry a literal notebook and a pen.

There was a touch-screen based handled pc in the early 2000s that came with a plastic pen, it looked like a flip phone except it had no buttons and the lid was just a cover to protect the screen, the pen was kept in a hole on the side. It was monocolor like the old Game Boy models, it had an on-screen keyboard and there was a calendar app, an address book, notes app, calculator and other small stuff, it was pretty comfy, I forgot the brand name, I've searched it for years with no luck.

A Palm Pilot?

No it was kinda small and shaped like a D kinda, the lid opened like a flip phone.

A calculator? Those still exist user.

HP OmniGo 100?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1907x1075, 276K)

Ericsson R380?

It had no buttons besides the power on/off on the side.

There was no phone feature (no sms/internet either), just a few apps. It was more like a portable notepad than anything.

It came as an extra with a backpack bought in 2000 or 2001, it was an expensive backpack indeed. This is a sketch of the device by the way.

Attached: device.png (814x585, 24K)

still sounds like a palm to me tbqh

Attached: treo180palm3xe.jpg (203x250, 17K)

I've tried to dig this up as well. It sounds vaguely familiar. I was a PDA junkie in the late 90s/early 00s. But I can't find it.

Palm was best PDA. I used to check email with the add-on modem with an old Palm III. I still have a Tungsten E2 with the WiFi card, though it doesn't work on shit because it was WEP only.

but we makes money off looking up your anuses #capitalism works

This
h
i
s

/thread
t
h
r
e
a
d

Too big and too many buttons, I could held it easily in my 11yo hand.

The main part with the screen was a bit thick and dark gray if I remember well, the empty space below the screen was probably where the batteries were stored, I don't remember well how it looked in the back though. The design felt solid like a Nokia 3310.
The brand of the backpack was probably invicta, I still have it somewhere in the basement, though I tried searching any devices related to the brand and didn't find anything like that.

Maybe there's some enterprise product you could use?
Would look pretty autistic

Attached: 09B6EC77-744B-464B-B54B-BDE7825947A9.jpg (259x480, 39K)

i want an onboard synthysizer, with bluetooth capabilities.

have you tried using pen and paper

Attached: kpzp5jneg9011.png (952x715, 944K)

>tfw still use my Sony Clie and Palm Desktop calendar on my T40 running XP

life is comfy, and organized boyos

I actually use my TI-84+ all the time, it's great

>Would look pretty autistic
>implying i don't look autistic enough already

>not x61s
It's fantastic how thin this is. I never missed the fuckhuge backspace keys.

Why don't you just get any phone (cheap, expensive, second hand, doesn't matter), take the sim card out and don't ever connect it to wifi? You could probably even take it apart and disconnect the transmitter/receiver if you're really paranoid

N900
Epoxy the charging port in place so it doesn't break
Use nano or whatever terminal text editor you want for note taking

>old smartphone
>bluetooth keyboard
>custom rom
>no sim
>airplane mode
Too hard, or not contrary enough you fucking obese neckbeard?

You want a palmpad, if you weren't convinced by those other anons then you can even buy this for some of them.

I forgot the picture cause I'm an idiot.

Attached: palm folding keyboard.jpg (2048x1536, 695K)

make sure its an old android with a slide out keyboard

github.com/thearkadia/The_Ark/blob/master/README.md your welcome bud

Just get one online.

legit linux, legit touchscreen, replaceable parts

Attached: theark-front.jpg (1080x1080, 475K)

wtf is this?

Attached: vicproject.jpg (3240x3240, 865K)

new portable compute using the pi compute module

thanks

mhm

Attached: ca0b6066179437.5b0d7ece5e31e.jpg (1280x1920, 831K)

Get one of these comfy vintagae Vaio C1

Attached: VAIOC1.jpg (1020x741, 91K)

Here, take this.

Attached: 4C0564A8-7965-4A36-AEE2-359B88752546.jpg (640x593, 153K)

Is this a new Enigma album cover art?

Attached: 7FD91886-57DB-4B20-9CC5-D56D6621D7BD.jpg (500x343, 59K)

Looks awesome.
> $1000 on ebay
Nope. Totally would if this was affordable.

Are you a psycho or a mad scientist? Do you have something to hide, citizen? Oh, by the way, Citizen made things like you want, as simple as it can get. Check out old stuff, it still exists, still sells, some of it is still produced/maintained and it will last forever. Look into Psion, it has a proper OS, complete text processor, electronic tables with every feature you'll need and you can run Debian Woody on it if you want. Screen cable can die eventually though, buy a spare one.

Attached: psion.jpg (258x195, 9K)

Ahahaha, their portfolio's pretty fucking retarded
> Democracy's favourite device
> An open source application to simplify the process of boycotting companies
> Apple music
github.com/thearkadia/portfolio

The result of Democracy.

I'm so confused as to what the fuck their device has to do with Democracy.

It's made out of open-source part list, wire layout and a bunch of Chinese chips with RF capabilities and absolutely no secret 20nm microscopic surveillance circuitry.

Those things can run half life

So it's libre, but how is it democracy? Nobody voted for any of it, it doesn't even have anything to do with the law. Maybe it's capitalistic in that people can vote for which parts are the best with their wallet. But otherwise, this is just libre, not democratic.

Narcissism

What wizardry is this

Well, it aims to become the Democracy's Favorite Device. Meaning the majority of people would use it as their main phone. Aim high!

palm tungsten T/T3 or pocket PC with a foldable keyboard would probably do that fine

it's agreeable that a new product actually built for the task would be exciting though, fuck using a gimped phone and a facebook toy operating system

this is the absolute state of niche tech in 2018 and it depresses me greatly

and the operating system still looks like a fucking toy

It’s goal is to simplify democracy. I.e. make it simple to track what your representatives have voted on, and who donates to them. Also would make it easy to boycott companies

It’s like none of you read the GitHub