Objectively the best language around

Objectively the best language around.

Attached: 124214142.png (1536x1536, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/601441/moores-law-is-dead-now-what/
twitter.com/ebassi/status/827482509982195712
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no
You added an unneeded # to the best language..

You can't "/thread" yourself, newfriend.

I want c# syntax and syntactic sugar, with the power of C++ or
C# - GC + pointers

it's a good language, too bad it usually comes with having to deal with Microsoft's bullshits

they have been upping there game and appeal to devs more and more for the last couple of years. I only see things getting better lately

I love c#
and visual studio is the most productive IDE ever created

Attached: 1513540021521.jpg (660x495, 114K)

/thread

in your face

>cringe

It's a great language, but needs an actual compiler for it,one that can make binaries that are as fast as the C ones at least.

Why?!

Computers are getting faster every year (Moores law), so if you run C# today it's already faster than C++ a few years ago.
You only ever need the speed of C++ for real-time stuff or heavy number crunching like in games, machines or low level architecture like servers or data bases.

For the majority of software (ie. all enterprise software or for private usage) this isn't an issue.

Moore's Law is dead in everything but name - technologyreview.com/s/601441/moores-law-is-dead-now-what/

Even when it was alive, it was 18 months, not every year.

Look at CoreRT for .NET. It does AoT compilation like go.

You will get punched in the face by captain planet someday.

The only thing between you and him is gaia being able to find 5 teenagers willing to actually protect nature instead of just virtue signaling about it on twitter.

Awful article that keeps being posted for absolutely no reason other than to justify Intel's jewry.

Vala.

Gnome said they will not maintain it and told people to not use it.
If you want maintained proper superset of C with C compatible ABI use ecere.
Their GUI system looks way better than gtk anyways.

no, C# is a shittier version of Kotlin

>and visual studio is the most productive IDE ever created
ayyylmao 1 you call productive 2 minutes to open that bullshit, and 5 to compile for first time a fucking hello world?

VS code is just enought than full VS shit.

One day you may work for a company and be on a project that is longer than FizzBuzz.

Visual Studio or some kind of IDE is needed for a large team based project. You text editor kids are seriously delusional.

Hey retard, moore's law is related to CPU complexity which doesn't mean faster. There is a bottle neck in the Sillicon .

>Gnome said they will not maintain it and told people to not use it.
Source? A lot of projects(gnome, elementary, those revolving around them) depend on vala and will not vanish into thin air any time soon

>If you want maintained proper superset of C with C compatible ABI use ecere.
Looks interesting, thanks

twitter.com/ebassi/status/827482509982195712

There are pointers in C#. Also check the Marshal class and the unsafe keyword.

>Visual Studio or some kind of IDE is needed for a large team based project

No fucking idiot, VS was done for people who can't learn how to use tools like git, xunit, nuget, gradle etc correctly. Even lying you are a retard or you are working on a bullshit company, one you work on large teams you have to work with small work units and unit testing its done online so you don't trick the test scenarios. So you don't fucking need a huge IDE at least you work alone making shitty apps or administrative software for small companies.

why should anyone care about this faggots tweets again?

VSC and VS aren't interchangeable AT ALL. The fact people even remotely mention replacing one with the other signifies that a) they were using the wrong tool for the job and/or b) branding has such a huge impact on how people perceive things.

Whoa, thought it was something serious.

Like that means much.

I enjoy C# development, but visual studio is a bloated piece of shit... no need to defend it.

ur mama

You only think that because you've only used it shallowly. As a text editor and compiler, yeah it's bloat as fuck. As an IDE it's incredible. It's basically modern emacs.

You can AoT compile C# bro. All you really save is jitting costs which amounts to not much, but for a program that runs tens of times per second it can be a significant savings. Otherwise your average C# program will run close to as fast as your average C program given the developer understands how the languages work.

Slowness in C# is usually caused by doing exceptionally dumb shit like naive string concatenation. If you're competent in any way you'll be IO bound 95% of the time.

Objective truth, only frustrated java nigs disagree.

Attached: A315EE00-CF4E-46A7-ADBE-3CB684D621EA.png (500x500, 162K)

I assume there's org mode for VS

I saw someone wrote inefficient Linq code. Took a long time to find all max values in an array of 100k elements.

var rnd = new Random();
var data = Enumerable.Range(0, 100000).Select(x => rnd.Next(2000000)).ToList();
var results = data.Where(x => x == data.Max());
foreach (var r in results)
Console.WriteLine(r);

Is this the best way to do this?
IEnumerable FilterMax(IEnumerable source)
{
int count = 0;
int maximum = 0;

foreach (var i in source)
{
if (i > maximum)
{
count = 1;
maximum = i;
}
else if (i == maximum)
count++;
}

return Enumerable.Repeat(maximum, count);
}

>coping this much

Languages are a fucking tool, you apes. You use whatever tool is suited for the task at hand. Now shut the fuck up.

Debugging both your SQL server stored procedures and even .NET on SQL code remotely within VS is nice. Debugging C# / WPF desktop applications is nice. Debugging ASP.NET web applications is nice (except routing), built in deployment and packaging is nice, built in text templating (T4) is nice for some code generation.
Mainly it's the actually great debugging and runtime code editing features that make VS a great tool. Integration of other functionality is nice, even though most of those are not as good as their standalone parts. But I don't have to deal with building my toolchain from scratch, I can go straight to making applications.

In practise I'm cherrypicking tech: SQL Server project, generated EF models, C# desktop applications, ASP MVC 5 site that only does JSON endpoints with EF and Mithril client side JS applications, some setup.msi projects and so on. ASP.NET with Razor views is code bloat for anything dynamic. We do generate some static sites with it though. Written all of the stuff in a team of two, it's at about 150k lines now, after a year's work.

Anyone who actually works in the industry knows this. There are way too many brainlet/NEET programming language debate threads going on lately (some of which I started). It's meaningless and superficial, but we all like to pretend we know what we're talking about. These threads make Jow Forums desktop posters look like Rocket Scientists.

python is better

Ecosystems are tools. Languages exist within an ecosystem, but it's not one-to-one. You don't have to do .Net in C#, you don't have to use Java to compile to JRE bytecode, and you don't have to use C to get access to low-level libraries. You can't just use anything to do anything, but pretty much no matter where you go you have options. There are reasons you may or may not want to use those particular languages over the others within a given ecosystem and it's not about their use as "tools" its about how good they are as languages.

The issue with "slowness" could also be attributed to reflection which is heavy on performance and fags use it where its not necessary

Also C/C++ fags cannot into reflection. Only ascended langs such as C# or Python.

enjoy getting critical failure downing your app during runtime

Cargo coders should be shot. You can't unironically write shit like that without only understanding how to copy and paste lines fron Stack Overflow. It's insane on multiple levels.

Perfect. This is O(n), which is the best you can get on an unordered collection.

Languages are like football teams or political parties. People get really invested in their guy and follow them off the edge of the earth.

c# is just C----

Where do I learn more of this shit? Do I just have to buy the books?

It's literally open source now.

I actually like the non retard way of dealing with object in C#

pointer->more->next is fucking retarded

and name::space is also retarded

C# is fucking elegant with name.space.shit

and object.property.property.etc

Also, C++ Macros pretty much makes everything unreadable (when abused).

There needs to be a C++ version that follows the C# sintaxis

Attached: giphy.gif (500x227, 517K)

>Ignoring horizontal vs. vertical orientation.
Brainlet. It's C++++.

Andy doesn't fuck around when it comes to syntax design.
He also uses a single monitor, which is the true mark of genius.

Attached: Anders-Hejlsberg-LINQ_512.jpg (512x384, 50K)

Indeed it is very addicting and elegant.
Hopefully CoreRT progress goes even faster after clr rewriting in C# is done.

Jesus Christ. Are you guys fucking serious?
Just add this line to the original code:
var max = data.Max();
then replace the lambda with
x => x == max
Stop trying to look smart.

>objectively
>literally
>unironically

Confirmed bait
Source: millennial

Java and C# are so comfy if you don't have to deal with ancient code. Sadly that usually isn't the case, so they get a lot of bad rap.

frustrated kotlin nig here, C# is booty compared to the patrician JVM lang

Attached: 1524510479236.jpg (1159x1586, 1.42M)

Fucking 20 year old boomer millennials. Those are Jow Forums meme words. Lowkey in-language like that should be cherished while the normies haven't caught on.

can someone write a basic user inputted fibpnacci number generator in C#. Too lazy to google.

>Windows only
pass

>95% of the market

I knew what the problem with his code was. The coder was someone who just learn Linq and tried to look impress others. I was not impressed.

Anders Hejlsberg and Donald Knuth are my heroes.