Jow Forums buyer's remorse

Jow Forums buyer's remorse

FX8350 - 8 core meme, should've gotten an ivy-bridge CPU instead
Overclockable gaming motherboard - no point overclocking for real work usage
Sennheisser HD650 - weather's too hot to use headphones unless you want sweaty pads
10" Windows tablet - windows is bad for tablet interface and 10" is too unwieldy.
Samsung 840 Pro - SSD didn't make a difference, desktop still boots up in 30 seconds.

Attached: 1384693593699.jpg.jpg (1600x697, 379K)

>FX-8350
>Meme
It was a strong ass CPU, user.

Attached: 4.5GHz 1866 bench.png (418x720, 50K)

Bought an i5-7500 last year.

>FX8350 - 8 core meme
Been running that chip for a while. It's solid as fuck, especially when you look at price/performance.

>weather's too hot to use headphones unless you want sweaty pads

haha, you're fat

I'm 5'4" 124 lbs, you can't use headphones when it's 90f 80% humidity

It's barely faster than a haswell i5 in MT and not even remotely close in ST. Stop this shit

>I'm 5'4
ahahaha manlet

>2014 CPU performs so much better than a 2012 update to a 2011 CPU
An FX 8350 rig on a nice 990FX board even cost way less than a Z97 rig with equivalent board.

got a second HD 5670 to crossfire with the one i already had.
Hoped it would be a cheap way to get a little more performance.
> Only game i play (WOT, sue me) doesn't work with crossfire.
took it out. now looking at used GTX950 2GB but not in a hurry.
I really don't get why people need graphic cards for normal work stuff. I use 2 monitors and would only want a better graphic card for muh gaming.
Solidworks doesn't even use non-professional graphic cards. And I render a video maybe once a year.
Also: I have the corlet FX6300 6 core and it works perfectly fine. can't really think of situations where is use 100% cpu. (although i think the singlethread speed is rather limited for todays standards)

>tfw the 4.7GHz suicide bench worked
The ipc is a bit of a bummer, but you get 8 of them and it clocks well, also multi threading is a thing.

Attached: Core i7 btfo.png (834x727, 204K)

Tech Jesus still uses it for his personal rig

I've seen guys on YT who still use Phenom X6 1090t as their main rig, and that thing will hang in there with FX on a nice board that can push the voltage.

>FX-8350

ah yes. when amd was pretending a thread was a core. lmao.

Yeah the way the made it is bizarre, it's like hyperthreading but it's physical, and you're screwed if your OS doesn't understand the core modules and the application at hand only uses one core.

Definetly one of the more interesting products I've used, but I use multi threaded stuff so it's fine.

I got this CPU/board combo in 2015 for $230.
>4.40GHz X5660
>DX58SO aa 503
Strong my ass.

Attached: asdf.png (379x485, 23K)

Fugg that's kinda strong.

Attached: vwmpn.png (412x351, 114K)

I did a couple of mistakes building my past computers but nothing serious and I'm happy with every peripheral I've bought.

My biggest tech related remorse was the PS3. It was the fat model, broke 5 times. Worst pos I ever touched, it was so bad that it made me quit console gaming, so maybe, looking at the bigger picture, it wasn't that bad.

>buy i3
>open game
>works nice
>open browser
>open calculator
>cpu can't handle too much multitasking

I'm still happy with my i3 2120.

>i3 2120

enjoy the same multitasking as a tamagotchi v2

Nigger

I'm not sure what kind of multitasking you do, but it's fine for me.

I'm running a 2006 mac pro with a 950 because I'm a poorfag. It mostly works fine but its generally pretty shit at anything more complicated than firefox. Of course I've got to run the fucker with windows because the graphics drivers under linux suck.

>2006 mac pro
Ouch, you should sell it and buy some sort of Optiplex or a Sandy Bridge Thinkpad, I'm a huge fan of the core 2 architecture, I recommended it to everybody back in 2014 because it was really good, but 32nm stuff has come down so much in price it's a no brainer.