Alright Jow Forums, I've came to a situation where I can get either a i7 8700k or a Ryzen 7 2700x for the same price...

alright Jow Forums, I've came to a situation where I can get either a i7 8700k or a Ryzen 7 2700x for the same price. Which one do I fucking choose? I'll be doing video editing, programming and gaming (obviously).
No bullshit answers, just want to know the better choice to buy.

Attached: which one.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

If you get the Ryzen you're certain that you can keep your mobo next year when AMD release their 7nm Ryzen.
You can't say that with the 8700K.

With all the (security) bugs going with Intel I’d pick Ryzen.

Ryzen.
>Better security
>guaranteed longer living platform
>MOAR CORES!

Attached: amd-make-more-core.jpg (608x369, 81K)

Intel obviously

>Asking Jow Forums about what thing he should purchase.
>Instead of doing an educated purchase by doing his own research and finding what attends his needs.
You deserve whatever Jow Forums pushed into you buddy.

Do you have a 1080ti, play at 1080p, with a 144hz monitor? Do you care about your gaining performance vs your productivity performance? Do you need that performance now? If you answered yes to these questions, get the 8700k, but then be prepared to buy a GOOD stand alone cooler ($60-100), delid (risk or extra $30), and overclock.

Get the 2700X if you value you your productivity more and are OK with getting 90-99% of the performance of the (overclocked) 8700K in (1080p-2k) gaming, saving a few bucks (boxed cooler is actually good with decent case air flow), and having an upgrade path next year with the same motherboard.

Personally, the 2700X sounds like the way to go. The value proposition is just too good. We will be getting Zen 2 next year which is going to BTFO of Intel's offerings , and it will be drop in and play for most mid to high end AM4 motherboards. Saving you a hundred bucks or more. The 2700X itself is really good and unless you are chasing the absolute maximum FPS in gaming, is more than good enough to drive any graphics today.

flip a coin

wrong
>oy vey if Jow Forums would push intel it would be good otherwise it's antysemitic and stupid

This. The 8700k is only the better option in very specific situations. 2700X is the way to go for most users if you look at it objectively.

Attached: 1525554090644.jpg (1079x784, 161K)

Normal people don't change CPUs every generation. It's fucking laughable looking at amdrones ditching first-gen ryzen and x370 to buy 2700x+X470. And here you are, "HURR DURR RYZEN 2 BDFO SHINTEL JUST WAIT XDDD"
And no, 8700k doesn't require delidding if you don't want to push farther than 4.8-4.9GHz.

That said though, I would still recommend OP to buy 2700x, because of his stated tasks.
t. 8700k 4.8GHz, 1080p@144hz

>That said though, I would still recommend OP to buy 2700x, because of his stated tasks.
This. It's very clear that if you don't only gayme, then the 2700x will be better, since you will be able to get the 4700X or whatever comes in a few years to upgrade and not a completely new mobo too.
I'd peronally get an 8700K since I already got a delid kit and I will be getting a noctua dh15 anyway. I don't really gayme much, but I don't edit videos, program or anything that needs hueg cores and perfomance.

>I'll be doing video editing, programming
Ryzen wipes the floor with the Intel when it comes to heavily threaded tasks like rendering and compiling. Pick up a 2700X obviously.
Not to mention all the other benefits like guaranteed upgradeability and not having a huge ass vulnerability discovered each week.

>I'll be doing video editing, programming and gaming (obviously)

if you don't game at 1080p then go with 2700X

What does telling OP to do his own research to buy his hardware with his own money has anything to do with goys, intel, AMD and overall shilling?

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Personally I'd go Ryzen as you'll keep it for longer.

retarded tripfag

another day, another retard gets filtered

There are more people in the world with Sandy bridge than with Bulldozer

shoosh, AMDrone, go drink cow piss or eat dogs

2700X has basically murdered intel in both energy efficiency (ie less heat) and value. Unless you really really want like 5fps more in some vidya it makes no sense to go with intel.

On the 2700X a lot people have reported 0.25-0.50mV undervolting from stock which is fucking bananas even when compared to original zen.

Attached: r7-1700-vs-2700x-volt-frequency_1.png (805x373, 25K)

Good goy
|>

Yeah, constantly being reminded of how insecure my Pentium is makes me uncomfortable, too. Can't wait for B450 to come out so I can finally upgrade to Ryzen. (Don't want to use a last-gen board - and X470 doesn't come in mATX yet.)

Attached: 1529597593499.jpg (600x600, 24K)

He's gotten genuinely good advise itt though.

Obviously he should get advice from linus shill tips

Go for Intel, don't fall to the AMemeD... the 8700K is faster for all stuff you throw at it.
>but muh renders
let's be honest, if you made a living off rendering shit you would not use a consumer cpu, but a xeon or epyc.
>overheat lel
another dumb meme from amd shills, for the first time AMD junk is not an overheating mess (sometimes) and all of a sudden Intel is the worst, do yourself a favor and don't believe that drivel.
>but muh security
We have not yet heard of the first malware taking advantage of any of those vulnerabilities, and who would be after your stuff? who are you? don't let the fearmongers make a fool out of you.

In the end, you will get a more stable system, will have no worries regarding RAM timings and other bios settings and at least for the coming years, most applications you will use will benefit more from higher IPC and more powerful individual cores that from a bunch of memecores that are just good for synthetic benchmarks and rendering meme shit most users rarely if ever use in real life. Don't be a jackass and get that 8700k.

All intel kike faggot shills should be burnt alive and their families decapitated.

Attached: 1501250462016.png (600x600, 32K)

Hi brian, didn't you quit after they cought you two-timing? What are you still doing here?