What's the best internet browser for Android?

What's the best internet browser for Android?
Anything closed source disregarded.
Firefox is slow on x86 processors.
I've been using Brave for the longest time, but as I understand it's not that well audited.
I've read that Chromium pushes black boxes so what else can one use for both best security and privacy as well as speed?

Attached: 1432953656997.jpg (1024x1501, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser/commits/dev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Firefox, same as windows and linux.

lightning

port lynx

>Disregarding proprietary browsers
You're missing out. Edge has become a damn good browser. If you use Microsoft launcher and edge, it integrates perfectly with edge on w10. Like if you're reading a long article and decide to read it on your computer instead, you tap one button and edge opens on your computer and goes not only to the article page, but it also scrolls down to exactly where you were in the article so you can continue reading where you left off.

Browsing the web and end up on a page with a link for something you want on your phone? It works in reverse, you can click one button and edge opens on your phone, goes to the page in the same spot you left off.

>Inb4 paid shill
IDGAF what you think, though if m$ wanted to pay me for it, I'd take it.

>another "what is best X" thread
define what "best" means to you

Open source
Security updates
Fast for phones (chromium based)
Thats really it

>I've been using Brave for the longest time, but as I understand it's not that well audited.
You are retarded and doesn't deserve nice things. Get Firefox and call it a day.

Fennec F-droid

>chromium based

Attached: 711aj49eh0.gif (343x255, 1.28M)

Chrome is the best for desktop and mobile. I don't give a fuck if you're a fossfag.

This.
Im using a 3g phone with lineage os, ff takes like 1min to load not so heavy webpages while with lightning it takes 15 seconds more or less. This still slow for new phones but not for this one

Firefox if you want a ton of features and stability
Brave if you want speed and have a non-extreme budget device
Lightning if you want a light browser

Almost all android browsers are chromium based. Webview is basically chromium without GUI, while browsers wrap around that (or Chrome, if available) to build a GUI. Examples; lightning, brave, opera, yandex, naked browser, Firefox focus/klar, dolphin, via, privacy browser, DuckDuckGo browser. You can't escape webview since it's integrated into android and a lot of apps depend on it.

Hows naked browser today? Its not pn regular fdroid repos

It was never open source and it was always shit. Lightning has a far superior interface.

Oh, i used it once and im sure i installed it from f droid. Nicr to know. Thanks

Bromite is pretty good.
It's like a ungoogled chromium for Android.

Firefox does the same thing.

>edge
Go jumpboff a bridge

>Almost all android browsers are chromium based.
Except Firefox or browsers based on it such as fennec.
There is zero reason to use goolag botnet when FF exists.

Firefox>>>>>>>>>>>>Chrome

Do you understand what "almost all" means?

chrome canary

Anything else runs like shit on Android.

Icecat and privacy browser everything else isnt even worth your time

>Do you understand what "almost all" means?
Do you understand what disgusting means?
You jumped in to whiteknight chromium based browsers when people voiced their displeasure, even though it was totally unnecessary, and now you are getting your panties in bunch when browsers that aren't chromium are pointed out. We're all well aware most browsers are chromium based, and we prefer ones that aren't.

I like naked browser.

You suffer from serious delusions and bad reading comprehension. Seek help.

Kiwi Browser
Bromite
Any Opera variants

Post more pokegirls cosplays

The reason I can't with a clear conscientiousness use Lightning is because of pic related
It only got an update 11 months ago so it's full of holes
Read
Chromium browsers load pages 4 times faster than firefox based ones
That is why I want one that based on chromium
I use firefox on pc because it has frequent security patches and is fastee than chrome, but on android, it's a whole different story

Attached: Screenshot_20180623-001731.png (1440x2560, 188K)

github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser/commits/dev
It literally gets an update every week. And "security holes" are irrelevant, Lightning is a GUI to the webview/chrome. So any relevant bugs are patched by Google themselves.

>Firefox if you want a ton of features and stability
>stability
Shit crashes on me almost every other day. Fennec has been ok though

Probably an issue with a website you visit. Firefox has been the only 100% stable browser I've ever used, plus the 2 times it did crash it remembered all open tabs.

Recently switched from chrome to Firefox. It's great, but the thing I don't like about Firefox is the font that I can't change. Why does Firefox Focus use font that isn't trash but regular Firefox does? One or two more things I don't like is the missing search image function after long pressing an image, and being able to save images from Google Images after long pressing them, instead having to go into the site itself to get it, both available on chrome. I'm just so used to those functions already, but I really want to stay in Firefox.

Bromite
You can find it on xda store

Firefox/fennec use your system font.

Firefox because uBlock Origin

Privacy > speed
Besides, I use fennec f-droid on all my android devices--all low to mid range, except one sd820 phone--and it isn't that much slower than chrome. I can easily live with the one or two second difference for all the features Firefox based browsers bring, and the not being part of the botnet.

But it says 11 months on f-droid.
Where do I get the latest version?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-22-19-01-31.png (1080x1920, 119K)

Compile it

Cosplay only ever makes me realize 3dpd is truly pig disgusting.

fastest would be anything using CAF sources assuming you're using qualcomm chips. if you're phone is rooted just install adaway and use lineage jello for fast. nothing else is open source and uses CAF.

Bromite.
If you're not using a chromium on android you're dooming yourself to slow and painful browsing.
Bromite is literally chromium with inox/debian/ungoogled/iridium patchsets.

No it doesn't. It does do a *similar* thing in that you can open Firefox on your computer and you can transfer open tabs from mobile to desktop, but it requires more than a single button, does not automatically open the browser if it's not already running, and it does not scroll to the exact spot you left off.

>Fat fingers doesn't like edge
S'okay freetard. No one cares about your opinion anyway. Maybe they will one day and your OS will break double digits in desktop use.

firefox

anything other than chrome

>You're missing out. Edge has become a damn good browser.

did not know there was a version of Edge for android.

Attached: wat_trevor_goodchild.jpg (480x360, 14K)