*destroys open source software

*destroys open source software
zdnet.com/article/european-union-prepares-to-wreck-internet-with-new-copyright-law/

Attached: Eu-Flag.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dunfermlinepress.com/news/16197023.Man_in_court_for_having_potato_peeler_in_public_place/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>other thread was deleted
hmmmm

previous OP didn't pay the link tax

quoted from last thread that op deleted () for posterity to show how much of a pleb OP is
>?utm_content=buffer1bb38&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

>As reported by Wired, the mandate is designed to update internet copyright law but contains two controversial clauses. Ultimately, it could force prominent online platforms to censor their users' content before it's posted—which could impact everyone from meme creators to open source software designers and livestreamers.
>As told by The Verge, the former is a "link tax" which could force the likes of Google and Facebook to buy licenses from media companies before linking to their content. The latter, on the other hand, is an "upload filter" which would require everything uploaded online in the EU to be checked for copyright infringement prior to posting.
none of this applies to open source software as open source licences grant redistribution (etc) rights so long as the licence is upheld, this is nothing but fake news which detracts from the bigger issue

>wtf I love brexit now?
if it's passed before we leave we'll adopt it as the government has said we'll keep all laws passed before brexit on the books

Yeah I was fucking idiot who left the facebook link in

This really sucks. I have a boyfriend in the EU and It's gonna really be bad for him. >_

Attached: boy.jpg (736x992, 52K)

>mfw content creator and open source Developer resident in the EU

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Breakup of the EU in 3... 2... 1...

I keep wishing I was American more and more.

The EU still has to vote on this. We already killed net neutrality.

uk is going to make even more retarded laws in the future

Do you have a licence for that potato peeler?

Attached: 8756785785.jpg (1024x535, 256K)

dunfermlinepress.com/news/16197023.Man_in_court_for_having_potato_peeler_in_public_place/

I want this to be true

fuck europe let it burn

so glad I don't live in this commie shithole

fuck off faggot

t.

EU used to nice and I used to like it. I do not really hate it even now, but with this decision, i have joined the meme jihad against the EU. EU should die, or be rebuild

meanie!

>if passed
When is this supposed to happen? tl;dr I just want to know when to expect the consequences of the law.

>get shot
>at least i still have muh freedoms
oh wait

Less than a month

>decision
What decision exactly?
The one that someone can propose laws and then the EU votes on them?
I know democratic thinking can't be a big thing in your shithole.

>internet regulation
>destroys open source software
lmao great leap senpai.
btw nothing will change

>having any hopes on the EU in the first place
The EU was always the first when it came to censorship or copyright-related stuff. Look at all the torrent sites being blocked and servers getting taken down.

IPFS is one of the answers to this problem

20% VAT was not payed. He probrably also forgot to file his 2% revenue tax.