Email clients

Do you guys have any recommendations for Gnu/Linux alternatives to gmail I want a free email client that isn't linked to everything I use ive only tried claws mail

Attached: 1_Jj-Xzp0sIkUg23HOqzZF4w.png (1520x960, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myaccount.google.com/privacycheckup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you want GUI and comfort (and dont care for bloat): Thunderbird or Evolution

console: mutt or pine

>Do you guys have any recommendations for Gnu/Linux alternatives to gmail
>I want a free email client

Attached: 1517728837089.jpg (400x379, 41K)

whats confusing?

A mail client does not give you a mail address or mailbox. You're still connecting to your Gmail account, your emails are still in Gmail, your emails are sent from Gmail's SMTP server.

Like this guy said

Op, you're probably confusing a mail server with a email client

You could have gmail on outlook or on evolution

But in order to have a different mail server, you can create your own server with external DNS redirection and a domain bame which you'll need to buy

For your [email protected]

oh so you use linux?
how did you install it?
let me guess you installed it with a usb drive or a cd
and you made this on a windows machine...
sorry pal you're already compromised

thunderbird

I use Mailbird 1.7.12
Mailbird 2 decided to follow the shitty flat UI trend.

Mailpile

And switch from your Gmail address to something like Kolab.

Register a protonmail account, you don't even need a phone. I got 3 accounts for different services and it works just fine. If you need it for business and the name is too long, they provide the short address @pm.me too, it's a recent feature.

I use rm (Read Mail). It comes pre-installed on almost every distribution. I usually use it with the -rf * switch (read fast) which basically just gives a summary of all the email with their subject and first few lines of the body.

I know you didn't invent this, but it's the first time I've ever seen it, so lol.

MailSpring

Attached: o-DOG-FOOD.jpg (1536x1536, 256K)

The pm.me thing is slick, shame you have to pay to send emails with that address tho

Claws mail on GNU+Linux and k9 mail on lineageos

I just use neomutt

Avoid protonmail. Honeypot.

rm is also included in BusyBox, other tiny systems that use the Linux kernel, and all BSDs. I recommend it if you would like a minimal but very useful alternative to Mutt.

This is a troll! Do not run this!! It deletes your files

If you're dumb enough to still use Google/Gmail (like me), then at the very least, change your privacy settings:
myaccount.google.com/privacycheckup/

Obviously, you should expect Google to still keep a record of everything you give it, but these settings will, bare minimum, not make search/YouTube/etc. use every single bit of data that Google has collected on you. So, you can search for things without worrying about every subsequent search result being affected, for instance.

Geary is nice for a simple and clean interface, but I recall Thunderbird being best when it comes to features.

Low effort bait. Rm -rf will shoah your data.