Like oops Scoob

Like oops Scoob

Attached: 4E8C6385-8173-4A84-BF75-80B70F455E39.png (782x574, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/nvidia-cuts-prices-on-gtx-260-280-graphics-boards/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: gimpworks.jpg (1250x613, 167K)

Are faster gpus really even needed? Doesn't 1080ti run pretty much everything at 4k ultra

No GPU in existence can run 4k@144fps

Since when do bitcoin miners use GPUs to mine? Anyone who is anyone knows that for it to be profitable you need to have at least a decent cluster of costum chips.

the media tends to use the words 'bitcoin' and 'cryptocurrency' interchangeably

Not when you're a twenty something loser libertarian living with your rich family in the suburbs sucking your parent's power out of the wall for free under the guise of "this is a good idea and they have no idea anyway" or you're just some retard who thinks they're going to become a millionaire by getting into the bitcoin market at this stage.

Why wouldn't you?

Attached: Screenshot_20180622_165947.png (387x656, 50K)

>Doesn't 1080ti run pretty much everything at 4k ultra
It can't even get a solid 60FPS at 4K in Witcher 3 with max settings. That's a game from 2015, over 3 years old and by no means the most demanding on the market. 4K 120/144Hz monitors just came out too, though they're like $2000 currently. In any case they'll inevitably get cheaper and more GPU performance will be required.

Most GPUs created in the last decade can do 4k at 144FPS.
The question is whether they have connectors with sufficient bandwidth to actually display it on a screen.

>user made another thread about this.
>he still didn't get that these returned GPUs are literally silicon chips and not actual GPUs they can shove in their PCs because there's no PCB, VRM, RAM.

I'm sure Deus Ex runs on 4k 144FPS perfectly fine.
Maybe even the original Crysis at this point.

I remember Jow Forums screaming about why they aren't ramping up GPU production and miners buying up all the stock.

I'm pretty sure now that the card makers got burned, that they will think long and hard before ramping up production in the future.

Enjoy Nvidia sitting on their asses selling old stock and waiting to see if they need to release new cards to compete with Navi.

Sure, old games or not very demanding new ones will run at 4K 144FPS

is there even monitors with 4k 144hz

From expensive to cheap, crypto giveth crypto taketh

Mad

Yes, Asus and Acer have one each at 4k, 144Hz, HDR and GSync.
It also has a built-in cooling fan and you get degraded HDR at full resolution/frequency as the Displayport connection doesn't have enough bandwidth to use all features at full blast.

why wouldn't asus/acer include a cable that supports all the features, what a scam

AMD sucks

Despite this, GPU prices are still inflated.

Yes, faster GPUs are always needed just like faster CPUs.

You can always increase the resolution or the FPS until you reach a 1:1 ratio between what our eyes can process and what shows up on screen. I can safely say we haven't come close even with multiple GPUs, so moving backwards with 1 is only going to get us there slower.

I know a guy who fits that description to the tee. His parents bought him 4 1080s and he mines with them 24/7 in their pool house which is also his room.

>You can always increase the resolution or the FPS until you reach a 1:1 ratio between what our eyes can process and what shows up on screen.
Fun fact: Analog film is somewhere between 16k and 72k if you compare it to pixel-based systems.
We still got a long way to go until we've reached optimal resolution and framerate.

What we need is e-ink at 1000 Hz and 144k resolution at 30", with the ability to display the entire color spectrum.
That's when we've finally perfected display technology.

I'm a huge proponent of analog solutions wherever possible.

you know that pic related is bullshit when 70% off consumers are idiots who hope for amd to get a better product and increase the competition so as to get their fav brand of gpus cheaper.
AMD did marvels in the past with many of their gpu series and people still bought novidia, people still shilled for novidia, people still shitposted against AMD.
Same shit happened with the CPUs, but intel became an hero.

remember when you could get the best in video gaming with just 100$ nintendo console, my voodoo 2 3d accelerator cost 200$

>here's your new cable
>now plug it in your ass because there's no gpu to support it.

and for the idiot that says that there are gpus that are capable of 144fps at 4k, there aren't.
e.g. far cry 5 gets 50 fps on 4k with the most expensive gpu out there.

35mm film is roughly equivalent to 3.2K in perfect conditions, by the time it makes it to most theaters it's just about equivalent to a 2K digital feature.

70mm is somewhere in the range of effectively 4K, but can be better depending on the process (think true IMAX like the Dark Knight).

Basically you're going to get better quality from a 4K digital copy of a movie than you'd ever manage to see with film, unless you're sitting in the studio watching the masters.

>is there even monitors with 4k 144hz

Why even bother asking this question? You can get a faster and probably more reliable answer from almost any search engine.

Attached: 1529276291986-b.png (366x291, 145K)

was just checking your intelligence levels

>Costum.

Do you read your poasts?

Attached: 1529455197419-g.png (640x542, 4K)

>was just checking your intelligence levels

Fucking brainlet.

>Huuuurrrrr fweed mwe answers

Attached: 1529286434611-g.png (321x306, 199K)

i can run toejam and earl at 144fps 4k

>e.g. far cry 5 gets 50 fps on 4k with the most expensive gpu out there.
But Far Cry 1 will easily get above 200 FPS.

"It can do X at all" is very different to "it can do X in Y condition".
Not everyone plays the newest meme shooters.

>what is vga
>what is dual dvi

???

Throw out the lame LCD, CRTs have been at 200hz for 2 decades, with no bandwidth problems.

Nvidia is doing nothing wrong.

AMD is everything wrong with the GPU market. They've enabled mining faggots, they don't restrict stores with their bullshit prices over the MSRP, they can't give us decent video cards and best of all, they're holding the patents and technology for themselves so that nobody else can replace them.

Fuck AMD, fuck AMDrones.

AyyMD literally had better stuff from the 4000 series up through and including the 7000 serie, and arguably was still competitive up through the r9 300 series cards. In fact their HD 4850 and HD4870 BTFO novideo so hard that novideo had to drop prices by 62% to even stay remotely competitive.
cnet.com/news/nvidia-cuts-prices-on-gtx-260-280-graphics-boards/

No one gave a shit tho and kept buying outdated dogshit 9800gts instead.
you're a retard.

Blow your fucking brains out, AMDrone.

Personally I use a crt to play quake 1 at 240hz.

300k surplus gpus
still 500$ over msrp for a card
okay

An iphone x 25cm away has its pixels indistinguishable by the human eye due to rayleigh limit. Typical 4k displays have around 4 times less PPI which makes their pixels indistinguishable from about a meter away, so improving resolution further would be a bit silly

Nice argument, faglord.

>They've enabled mining faggots
another idiot in da hood.
look here, look listen.
if amd didn't have the best gpgpu card out there, then novidia would've been the best, and novidia would've had the shortage first and novidia would've had the price hike first and novidia would've been the one blamed for the "muh mining craze"...
but since GCN is the best arch out there with pure brute force and horsepower to run computation intensive tasks, it had the advantage over novidia.
Novidia jews tried to enter the market with custom gpus, drivers and a whole marketing campaign targeting miners, and they ended up with a shitload of gpus in their inventory.
AMD didn't chase the miners with marketing tricks for years and years, instead, miners started purchasing all the available gpus since GCN 1.0 .
AMD even had a program that offered bundles with gpus at MSRP...
only novidia did was to keep an artificial shortage of their gpus in order to sell 1060s twice above the MSRP.

Keep projecting, AMDrone.

>you're a retard.
>you're a retard.
>you're a retard.
>you're a retard.
>you're a retard.

there's a shortage goyim,
plis buy overpriced gpu

>Look Sir
>U da Idiot, u is making fun of pest company AMD, stop this Sir!!! I deposit new driver to da GPU in ur caompeter! Ok Sir?

Holy fuck, I swear every AMDrone is either a chink or pajeet.

Attached: 1526904017375.png (882x758, 316K)

>state facts
>get called a drone
ok

Do you even know what "projecting" stand for, you absolute mongoloid? Or did you see someone using it and thought it applied to everything?

I noticed a huge advantage just playing quake 2 multiplayer at 144hz

If they have that much stock, why do they not released it all when the price really high?

Sperging at somebody and calling them a retard isn't a "fact", Rasheed. Try to keep your shitskin genes in check instead of sperging when you're unable to present facts and refute facts.

The mental gymnastics that you AMDrones have is quite astonishing.

Moving the goalposts is also an act of mental gymnastics, mind you.

nice double dubs.
Most of Jow Forums is too retarded to understand nvidia is a silicon designer so in their minds when there's news about 300000 GPUs like that they think it's a bunch of MSI cards stored in a wharehouse.
The only gpus nvidia ever makes are either their founders edition shit or their professional line. The rest is all manufactured by partners.

>it's another episode of AMDrones sperging at people

Yikes.

Quake 1+ 2 remake with 240fps player model animations when?

What the fuck are you talking about, AMDrones?

Do you understand what any of these terms, means? Can you look it up in your Chinese to English dictionary or Indian to English dictionary before you make yourself look like an idiot? You're representing AMD, but this is the best you can do? Holy fucking cow piss, what is wrong with you retarded shills?

>come in thread and shout insults at people, no arguments whatsoever besides calling people "AMDrones"
>gets upset that people call him out on it and doubles down
>somehow, this is the fault of other people and they're the ones sperging out
Hilarious my man.

>be AMDrone
>somebody presents facts and shows that AMD is shit and incompetent
>start sperging and call everyone a retard
>uses buzzwords against people that applies to you more than anyone else

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

I know English is probably not your main language monkey boy, but you could at least try a little bit to hide that fact.
Also, I haven't said a single word about AMD so far in this thread. You on the other hand, are trying way too hard at bashing a company. Wonder why.

>Sperging at somebody and calling them a retard isn't a "fact",
It is when talking with you.

amdrone, you're still seething

>>somebody presents facts and shows that AMD is shit and incompetent
Haven't seen any, so I can't comment on that. This is a thread about Nvidia, so I'm not sure where you're getting at or why you even have to call AMD onto it.

Holy shit dude.
If you really think nvidia did nothing wrong, just watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os

No, I'm MOCKING. You'd realize the difference if your IQ wasn't negative.

where are the facts supporting nvida? havent seen any

>hurr durr, amd it's the best gpu for mining
>it's their fault
you don't understand, idiot, that if one family of gpus disappears, the other one would be the dominant in crypto mining.
It's so fucking simple and obvious.

>Haven't seen any
Because you'd rather close your eyes, since you're a shill and a fanboy.
>This is a thread about Nvidia
Yet this thread is full of you AMDrones shilling your pathetic video cards and seething at anyone that calls out your shitty company.

>AYYOO, AMD WAS SO GOOD BACK THEN, BUT PPL STILL KEPT BUYING NVIDIA, WE WUZ KINGS N SHIET WITH THE 4000 SERIES AND 7000 SERIES, BRO, BELIEVE ME, SIR!!
That's what you or one of your "colleagues" wrote a couple of minutes ago. Do AMDrones have alzheimer's too? That's autism AND alzheimer's. Holy shit.

It's funny how AMDrones demand "facts" when they have never in their life refuted or shown facts to prove someone wrong, and all they do is sperg and insult people when their precious company has been exposed.

You guys ever seen LOTR? Smeagol reminds me of your typical AMD fanboy. "My precioussss".

Attached: 1528664313511.jpg (750x556, 366K)

>Because you'd rather close your eyes, since you're a shill and a fanboy.
Huh, still none, I see.
>Yet this thread is full of you AMDrones shilling your pathetic video cards and seething at anyone that calls out your shitty company.
No one is even talking about AMD except you, though. Haven't seen a single person in here saying "HEY DUDE BUY VEGAS LOL". It's just you trying to deflect Nvidia's problems onto AMD, for whatever reason, and calling AMDrones to whoever disagrees with you.

>That's what you or one of your "colleagues" wrote a couple of minutes ago. Do AMDrones have alzheimer's too? That's autism AND alzheimer's. Holy shit.
Are you contesting that fact? Because it is a fact. AMD was better than Nvidia in those generations, feel free to disprove it if you think that's false. Nvidia is better now, that's also fact. Feel free to bring that up if you feel like it, too, and I don't think anyone right of mind will disagree.

Do you have to be such a fucking ape about all of that though? You sound desperate trying to defend a company by bringing up their competitor and calling out anyone that disagrees with you. It's just pathetic.

notice how the thread suddenly died when the amdrones got called out?

they're probably having a meeting irl on how to continue shilling their company without insulting random people on Jow Forums kek

fucking pajeets and chinks, make it less obvious with your shilling, i do hope you shitskins get paid at least

>nvidia did nothing wrong
that's the mentality of all novidiots.
I remember back then when GCN 1.0 got released
>novidiot: oohhh yeah, nice gpu, fast, cool, low power consumption
a few weeks later
>novidia releases space heater, without DC5.0, half baked DX1x.x from prev gen, no opencl2.0, barely some openGL4.5 features on h/w, less vram, more expensive, tested against only gameworks titles
meanwhile amd releases 7970 GHz edition, middle node, with more power savings, more performance, an ace to combat the competition
>look, novidia did it again, best gpu, best performance, power consumption doesn't matter, Rage is AMD game, novidia is the best
a few years later all those novidia gpus are known as space heaters that got gimped when gimpworks ported to DC5.0 and DX12.

Doesn't that make you an Nvidia shill though? Nvidia does have a history of approaching forum users to promote their products. They were even the first to do it.

>notice how the thread suddenly died when the amdrones got called out?
You mean except for the part where everyone is busy mocking you for being a retard?

You are so painfully autistic that it physically and mentally hurts to read any of the shit coming out of your low IQ brain.

No one gives a fuck if you were better than Nvidia a decade ago, you fucking retard. Don't even demand somebody to "contest" or "refute" your facts, when all you can do is spout random buzzwords that applies to you more than anyone else.

>Do you have to be such a fucking ape about all of that though
Says the seething AMDrone who shills AMD products and spergs at everyone.

>You sound desperate trying to defend a company
HAHA says the AMDrone.

You're entire existence is pathetic, blow your fucking brains, or start refuting facts. But we both know you'll never do that, you're a seething aspie, and the best you can do is throw buzzwords at people and act like a fucking monkey who hasn't been given a banana by his masters. Why don't you go and get your banana from your "mommy" Lisa Su?

>notice how the thread suddenly died when the amdrones got called out?
you have an average of 1 post per minute.
if you put your head in the sand, nobody will be able to harm you.

Attached: aoeaoeaoe.jpg (800x450, 32K)

i wonder if amd shills have 80 in iq or 85 in iq

>more free insults with baseless claims and moving the goal posts once again
Yeah, I'm done with your retarded ass. It's like trying to argue with a monkey at a zoo. You're not funny and you're not convincing anyone of anything besides that you're retarded.
Blocked.

That would still make them about 110 points higher than yours.

>Yeah, I'm done with your retarded ass. It's like trying to argue with a monkey at a zoo. You're not funny and you're not convincing anyone of anything besides that you're retarded.
Blocked.

it's ironic, because this applies to you, aka the AMDrone, more than anyone else

someone made novidiots angry

NOT
A
SINGLE
FACT

IN ALL OF THESE POSTS
EVERYONE LAUGH AT THE RETARD

Reads like a post from the guy sperging out in this thread, exact same "arguments" and insults too.
Have you ever been so mad and proven wrong that you gone and made an entirely new thread? This guy has.

Depends on what you render at 4k@144fps

>If I shitpost, call others goys and overall lie enough on Jow Forums I will be able to get rid of a multi billion dollar company that doesn't even know I exist.

I'm only going to post in this thread once but guys, meme magic ain't real and the amount of users in this board who mostly are NEETs can't even make a 1% dent in the profits of these companies, there just aren't enough consumers here for it. It's just simple math, if you guys wanted to hurt these companies become some sort of linus tech shill tips and spread your message to 3 million retards with money instead of 200 autistic NEETs.
Good luck tho and never stop believing in your potential anons

Nothing runs 4k 144hz, not even dual 1080ti. That doesn't even touch the dream of 2x4k at 144hz that vr users dream of.

The amd shilling were never this rampant. I guess part of the gpu team were moved to be shills of ryzen refresh for their incompetence.

Well it turns out they did ramp up production, but they forgot to lower the price which lead consumers to believe their was still a shortage. I personally know 4 people who planned on building a new computer last year but still haven't due to the prices. If they had lowered the price back to msrp or lowered msrp (which would be normal at this point in the life cycle) they would of sold those cards.

>they would of sold those cards.
Those aren't video cards.
They aren't complete it's just the "processor".
The same way an engine is not a car, need to strap a couple more shit on it before you can sell it as a fiesta you know.

Call me when the price for a 1070Ti drops below MSRP.

>replying to yourself

I don't think you understand how this works. If they had put those engines in the car the car would of sold because demand was there. They chose instead to artificially keep supply low by keeping the number of cars on the market low despite having many engines sitting in the war house ready to go.

I think you're the one who does not understand.
These supposed 300k GPUs were shipped back to Nvidia when a manufacturer canceled the production because the GPU demand is over.
Do you understand that someone has to put these chips into motherboards that will also have other components on them right?
I don't think nvidia can force asus to build these cards hence why they had get that shit shipped back in and accept with a half assed smile.

You are missing the subtext here. If the new gen chips weren't on their way or even already in the hands of board partners they would have no reason to send back the current gen chips. This is yet more proof that next gen is releasing soon.

>GPU demand is over.
At this price point. Once prices drop everyone running old ass 6xx, 7xx, and 9xx systems would have the chance to finally upgrade.

Do you need me to post benchmarks? Do you need me to post prices? I posted an article showing that nvidia cut prices by 60+% on their GTX 260/280 in response to the HD4850/HD4870. You truly are much younger than most people on this boardif you disagree.

havent posted in this thread yet but
im actually still running a 7970ghz edition
really solid card even today

>AMD did marvels in the past with many of their gpu series
And they had much higher market share to show for it.

Crysis uses 1-2 threads only, even with an 8700K at 5GHz it shits itself sometimes. It really needs a port to a newer version of Cryengine.