Hey Jow Forums I'll be starting my Computer Science degree in a big university this September (It's one of the "public...

Hey Jow Forums I'll be starting my Computer Science degree in a big university this September (It's one of the "public ivies" on the East Coast)

How inclusive can I imagine the faculty/other students to be in a Computer Science programme? I am a transgender woman who started her HRT this January. Progress is coming along but I am still very shy and afraid to meet people.

Can I expect people to be generally accepting? I'm from California and haven't taken a Comptuer Science course so I don't know what kind of attitude the people have. My sister is doing her engineering program and she says she faced some discrimination and hate for her gender identity because people in STEM are more conservative.

Attached: 1511944528885.gif (320x239, 979K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vm927I0c_0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Had my first orgasm with a pillow, feels nice "crushing" something between your thighs, lol

Congratulations on getting accepted onto a degree program in Computer Science. I've actually just graduated this month and I start my new job at the end of July.

Now, I can't give you examples for every university but can give you an example from my university. There were two trans girls in my year that I knew of, one of which was social, had a pansexual girlfriend and generally accepted for who she was. The other, was a bit of an outcast, never spoke to anyone and seemed pretty unapproachable.

So, what am I getting at? Well, it boils down to who you are, not what you are. If you're a nice person, you'll have a better chance mixing than those who aren't so nice. What I will say is that not everyone will accept you, and that's ok. This is something we all face in life regardless of orientation, gender etc.

All the best with your studies

Attached: file.png (426x341, 195K)

Thanks

Post the full video you fucking fag

sauce

based

Fuck you fag, its not fair that you can go to a doctor to obtain and inject estrogen, a foreign hormone into your body legally because you have a mental illness that makes you think you're a woman while I can't legally get testosterone from a doctor as a supplement for body building even though it is found naturally in my body.

Stay in commiefornia you dirty degenerate.

Attached: ToshinouKyoukoPointingTowardsConsecutiveIdenticalIntegers.jpg (900x720, 117K)

What school? UNC? UVA? Uhh what other schools are ‘public ivies’ these days?

CCC

How well do you pass? If you pass well and have your documents squared away you likely have nothing to worry about

Even if you don't though, you def have nothing to worry about from faculty. public Ivies are SJW and trained to let trannies get away with anything (speaking from experience as a trans woman). Students will be weird around you though and you can expect to get low key ostracized.

Also get ready for a shitload of misogyny from the guys but that happens to all girls in comp sci, not just tranners

Attached: 1526448723161.jpg (1086x1448, 221K)

Making this CompSci related question here to avoid creating a new thread.

Does anyone know of a good documentary about compsci? I'm looking to get into it but I'm not exactly sure what I'm in for. I'm just good with computers and not passionate about anything.

Attached: 1529533334966.jpg (1526x2044, 1.42M)

so who?

thats missalice_94 if anyone's wondering. she does stuff on mfc.

cheers

np. i think she's probably the hotest girl on the planet. fapped to so much to her over the years, I can spot her stuff at a glance.

w-woah

> (OP)

>So, what am I getting at? Well, it boils down to who you are, not what you are. If you're a nice person, you'll have a better chance mixing than those who aren't so nice. What I will say is that not everyone will accept you, and that's ok. This is something we all face in life regardless of orientation, gender etc.
>All the best with your studies

Imagine if people understood this simple concept. Life would be amazing.

statistically you’re probably going to end up committing suicide eventually, so I’m not even sure why you should waste your time getting a degree.

Did you apply to the university as a woman? That's probably why you got in. They like promoting females in STEM, so having a reasonably qualified woman apply probably gave them erections.

They're going to be really surprised when a gross af tranny shows up and makes everybody call him "she". Some people will be mightily pissed, and rightly so. Post your suicide on /b/.

Attached: 1479595339572.png (1106x1600, 1.96M)

lil bump

Attached: Dfpf9j1UwAApZt1.jpg (1536x2048, 214K)

Even with your line of reasoning that argument is still retarded.
>It's not fair that you can go to a doctor and get opioids because you have crippling pain while I can't legally buy a shit-ton of adrenaline even though it's found in my body.

seems like miss alice.

off yourself now before someone at uni does faggot

>ywn get hugged like this

How is that laptop defying gravity?

There are queers in every faculty on every campus

People will talk behind your back because you're different, and some people might avoid you, but generally you shouldn't have any real trouble.

There's an inclusivity hotline at nearly every university that will pamper you for the whole duration of your studies if you need anything. If anything, you probably have it easier than the average student because of this.

congrats! I just graduated too, got a technical interview next week :/

>implying that cutting off an insane person's dick and giving them estrogen because they think they are a woman is the same as giving a person in pain some medicine
also
>falling for the opioid meme

Don't strawman. I didn't say opioids were good, they're just what get prescribed. The original argument was only referring to recieving estrogen.
Just because something is available to one person doesn't mean it has to be available for another. That's all the OP was arguing.

Good with math and problem solving is what you're looking for.
Good with computers would help you more with comp eng or it

Don't go to university it is a fucking waste of time. Ask a good programmer if they look for degrees in employees. The only place that shit matters is the HR department.

And outside of shitty small start ups that are bound to fail that's literally the first big hurdle you have to overcome to get a meaningful job in any relevant company.
If you just want to be some webdev code monkey it's perfectly fine, you don't need to study this shit. If on the other hand you want to actually get to some of the better paygrades with more responsibility and much higher complexity those 3-4 years getting a degree are definitely well spent. Sure you can also learn all lot of this shit on your own, but you will be making lots of connections and studying more effectively at a good faculty.

Anyone remember that doujin where a fat guy fixed a teddy for a girl and she fell in love with him?

Anyone remember that game where you're stuck inside a teddy and get fucked?

"webdev code monkey" shit is literally too hard for most CS grads, not even kidding.

"Oh you know Java and UML diagrams and big O notation and how to build small proof of concept programs that run well enough for a TA to grade it and you are worse at math than any other science major, uh no thanks sweetie, come back when you understand how to architect a distributed microservices web application and understand what a select statement does in SQL"

>come back when you understand how to architect a distributed microservices web application and understand what a select statement does in SQL"

well, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about

I can say from my perspective.
On our whole year there were about 5 girls and one black. Per 100 people.
People liked to do projects in similar groups. For example Ukrainian immigrants were usually together and old friends from the same high school too. So I think it may be difficult for you to find some friends.
People on STEM generally don't care about other people and won't like it if you were to play a poor little trannie. They hate being censored and rather support freedom of speech.
Just be yourself and earn prestige by doing real job, help others with problems, share notes and never ever tell your supervisors about eventual discrimination or cheating. It will only do harm to you as everyone will just run away.

Well at least this is how it is where I studied.

Or maybe since he is a man, they will be happy to have for once a more intelligent classmate to do projects with.

But why? You know databases under the hood are so ridiculously complicated that a well-implemented select command could take months of development? And every database does it in different way.
And distributed systems have their own branch of science too.

Oh, you are talking about community collage in the US.
I thought we were talking about actual faculties that gives you a proper education, not glorified high school.

>people in STEM are more conservative
LMAO. "more conservative" than what? gender studies majors?

Attached: 1521080208897.jpg (825x959, 76K)

L m a o is this Georgia Tech?

If you're not memeing, there's a trans community on campus already, and since we had an incident last year (Google it), the school is throwing cash at LGBT resources.

>transgender
>woman

Pick one, trash

Why should the American public spend tens of thousands of dollars subsiding your education when you're just going to OD to death on pills in your mid-20s after you realize you're incapable of human sexuality?

Attached: 1464196562016.jpg (1280x1522, 599K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vm927I0c_0M
here watch this real quick

if you're obsessing over your identity instead of doing your work (mutually exclusive) you're dooming yourself to fail, not just in school, but in life in general.

>a good documentary about compsci
what the fuck

you need to leave, this would be a waste of time for you

that guy probably can't do anything of value, i bet he's a "code artisan"

>I can spot her stuff at a glance.
this is probably one of the worst brags I've ever seen here.

God, I wish that were me!

if you're interested in computer science just learn the fundamentals of a language of your choice and just practice it
if you dont like it, and get bored of it, continue doing it for a few days anyway, if you're still bored make sure you're not learning python or look at another subject instead

>make sure you're not learning python
y tho