Suggestions for Jow Forums

How could Jow Forums be improved with the current technolgies?

An UI change?
A new/different CAPTCHA?
A different method to handle posts, replies, archives and deletion?

The only thing that bothers is the cooldown to delete a post, and the inability to delete it after some time, I'm not sure what's its purpose

How could Jow Forums as a website be improved?

Attached: 1526688294765.png (472x508, 6K)

Speaking of deleting posts, I've noticed that some people tend to post only to bump a thread and them they delete their own post in order to avoid bump limit or a ban. This specially happens in /qa/ since it's full of autistic spammers.

the bump limit is also something I'm curious about
I'm not usre what it is, I just know its above 300 replies, seen some threads only getting limited at 312 or 313

Do you think there should be a higher bump limit overall or for some specific boards?

I wish there was a way to send DMs to anons, so many times I want to reach out to someone in particular and there is no easy way to that without exposing an email.

With today's tools you can make volatile DMs possible without needing to authenticate users.

Hiro should just rebuild the whole thing with React.js or Vue.js, Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB.

>An UI change?
fuck no
>A new/different CAPTCHA?
yes

port it all to a telnet | semaphore

This, if we dont build the website completly in JS with that new framework which will die tomorrow then its old and not cool XD

So block all phoneposters?

>remove all web frontend
>only accessible through telnet or ssh
>no image uploads, ascii art only

V9 and AV1 webm support
webm's with sound on /a/
Posting without JS
HTML5 browser notifications for threads

These are the onions technologies.

Attached: c61.png (800x750, 116K)

Image blocking to remove advertising threads.

that would be a good thing desu, I mostly see anons here posting disposable emails and discord accounts, sure its good enough, but could add to the convenience

how would this make the website better?

kek

wait, why doesn't /a/ allow webms with sound? can't you post those in any other board?

>Posting without JS
>HTML5 browser notifications for threads
also, forgot to add
I agree to these two, its a bit of a pain in the ass having to allow the scripts everytime I feel like shitposting on here, and some browser notifications would be a really good change to the site, especially when someone quotes your post

>when you think about it a second and realize it would actually improve the place

Attached: crying indian.jpg (279x346, 16K)

I wish the mods would ban wojak posters and let us make more actual OC

>webm's with sound on /a/
Didn't moot (or Hiro, I don't remember which one was) made that in purpose?
I think only /gif/ and /wsg/ have webm with sound.

i'm pretty sure we ALL know what's the real problem here: where is the mp4/vp9 support?!

>I think only /gif/ and /wsg/ have webm with sound.
why is that a thing? to save bandwith? server space?

also, I never tried uplodading one, but why are mp4 not supported here?

blockchain

Attached: brockchain.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Only /gif/ and /wsr/ allow sound as far as I know.
He thought that people would add jumpscare sounds or blaring horns. /a/ is self-moderated enough that it would be fine.

besides, people do that shit in /gif/ or /wsg/ too so wtf

it would allow for a flexible design space, provide dynamic free flowing interfaces to support all device types intuitively, high scalability for big-data, while still providing industry leading performance and reliability expected of cloud based apps.

>UI change
No, fuck off.
>new CAPTCHA
Yes, please.
>different method to handle posts
No, fuck off.
This thread isn't very Jow Forums-related.

>wanting to neck W.T. Snacks' legacy
Kys

reCaptcha v3
all the vim themes but for Jow Forums
get rid of javascript
port for links
rangeblock all of australia even if they buy a pass
make passes nonexistent
get rid of onion address
webms with sound on all boards except bring snacks back
bring don back
easy image filtering

>He thought that people would add jumpscare sounds or blaring horns.
doesn't seem like a fair reason to not allow it

sounds great, do you know if hiro had mentioned any plans in regarding to how he was planning on changing Jow Forums?

it is Jow Forums related because I asked about the technical parts of Jow Forums, what happens under the hood of the website, and how it could be improved

all of those sounds interesting, i'd like to highlight some

>get rid of javascript
although i support this one, how would things suck as quick reply work without it?

>make passes nonexistent
what would be a better way of directly supporting the site then? donations?

>onion address
Jow Forums already has problems with cheese pizza andother illegal things with users posting on their real IPs, thats why they had to ban vpns, proxies and tor nodes
I'm all for this one too, but how would they make sure this plave wouldn't drown in CP?

>webms with sound on all boards except why not /o/?

>easy image filtering
how would that work?

Sure let's use """modern""" frameworks that surely wont be replaced by yet ANOTHER one in 3 years and that no one will understand.

If this site can run /b/ I'm pretty sure it's running on something better than mongodb

REMOVE CAPTCHA there are better anti spam methods than this lazy infuriating shit
moot added that nigger shit years ago
remember putting in "nigger" for the obscure word to get mootykins banned from captcha?

>REMOVE CAPTCHA there are better anti spam methods than this lazy infuriating shit
which methods are those?

>remember putting in "nigger" for the obscure word to get mootykins banned from captcha?
those were the days...

-simple, non-google captcha
-introduce new file formats like VP9 webm and webp images
-limit png filesize to 1MB on video game boards
-bring back moots self-serve ads
-put high-traffic containment/phoneshitter boards on a separate server and shit them up with ads

Those tools are at the top of web dev today, they will stay relevant for at least a decade even when they eventually fade in popularity. A large part of the web runs on legacy tools.

Honeypot method, could use a dynamic div class/id to make sure bots can't get it

Could ask simple math questions, that has solved 99% of spam on sites I've fixed that had spambots with captcha installed

Simple questions, ie "you cant handle the ____!"

4 options, with 1 for truth of course

I vote honeypot method because fuck all of this verification mother fucking nonsense

>Do you think there should be a higher bump limit overall or for some specific boards?
There is. Bump limit is 750 for /vg/ for example.

You dont HAVE to use vue, or react, or any of that fucking shit. Php, your favorite database, and plain javascript will get the damn job done. You don't need to go with vue, you don't need to get fucking node, no need for angular or react or expressjs. Just code your damn site properly and you'll be fucking fine. Update some functions to the latest php 7.x. Use nginx, have proper template caching, cdn, etc. All of that meme shit is just annoying as fuck and is "needed" for advanced features. This is a god damn imageboard that looks like its from 1998. It doesnt need fucking react man

Soiboi, please.

Attached: 15296847909641.png (644x800, 15K)

>webm with audio on all boards
>get rid of the native extension, make Jow Forums x + oneechan the standard optional extension
>get rid of google captcha and implement something less annoying
>monthly user vote for a temporary board with a new topic

Attached: anon.jpg (700x700, 126K)

monthly temporary board? sounds like a /b/ raid waiting to happen

hiroshimoot why the fuck do i need to fill out 8 different captchas? go fuck yourself slint eyes

just make it a material dark bootstrap theme

Attached: cdb.jpg (499x499, 17K)

Could you imagine the ways it could be abused though?

Why thenfuck wouldn't you allow webms with sound on /o/ you fucking faggot? I bet you're a /n/igger

Having a captcha similar to what kissanime does would be good.

Attached: 622155027.png (1920x1080, 589K)

>DMs
go back to rebbit summer child, theyre called PMs

in order:
>>get rid of javascript
you can do it with HTML like the old days
>>make passes nonexistent
opt-out data mining and charge reddit for intellectual property reasons for using Jow Forums links and screenshots
>>onion address
honeypots
>>easy image filtering
the same way how you can get banned for attempting to post the cross-board bombing game image (even if you make it from scratch)
cars are loud

passes didnt exist for years, we knew it was coming when captcha plague came, and when they were added we all knew moot was making us cucks. how much of a newfag are you?

he can survive off of ads and affiliates like he always has doesnt need that jew nigger background mining either

JS isnt needed if you dont care about ajax

image filtering is for mods not jew programs

>cars are loud
>having babby ears

Attached: whats_wrong_reggie.gif (446x251, 726K)

>streaming

Ban reddit.

>The only thing that bothers is the cooldown to delete a post, and the inability to delete it after some time
Think before typing

>I wish there was a way to send DMs to anons
That's just too niggerlicious. PM don't belong in here.

>muh oc
Just use some image search if you want to get new memes

It was the first example I could think of. Besides, streaming isn't bad when you just want to see if an anime is good or bad.

>simple, non-google captcha
google bought captcha tho

>limit png filesize to 1MB on video game boards
why?

>put high-traffic containment/phoneshitter boards on a separate server and shit them up with ads
pretty sure that will just drive users away from the site

thanks user, i'll ty to reach out to the mods

could unironically work better than the current system, if done right

do you know if there is a bigger bump limit for other boards? I'm pretty sure there is one for /s4s/ and there should be one for Jow Forums

>get rid of the native extension, make Jow Forums x + oneechan the standard optional extension
almost sure thats not gonna happen

>monthly user vote for a temporary board with a new topic
thats a great idea desu

seems fair enough, is it possible to even charge reddit for using 4fchan screenshots?

not really sure Jow Forums can survive off ads, if hiro was more transparent with the way he spends the money to maintain the website, maybe we could make a prediction

Struth mate your a sensitive cunt ain't ya

New captcha
Integrate most of Jow Forums-x
Vp9

Honestly? Abandon this normie- and cop-infested shithole and decamp to cripplechan. It's better in literally every way except the tiny userbase. If only all its boards past the top half dozen or so weren't slow as molasses, I wouldn't bother coming here to drive Google's "self-driving" cars every damn time I post.

inb4 get out reeeee ur a faget et cetera

Attached: 21125499_1965677457041789_6157628250444130161_o.jpg (1023x818, 114K)

nigger it ran for a decade without jew subscriptions i dont care what hiroshito wants

>not really sure Jow Forums can survive off ads, if hiro was more transparent with the way he spends the money to maintain the website, maybe we could make a prediction

I doubt it breaks even, the site costs somewhere near $90k/month. It probably costs a bit less, but doubts ad alone could ever recoup that

What are some other alternatives to google's captcha like this user posted?

>inb4 tinfoil infographics on how Hiro is data mining the site

Better captcha
And onion.

unironically. blockchain based machine learning image duplicate detection on nsfw boards, using tensorflow, written in rust

Burn it to the ground and start again.

They probably call them DMs now because people finally realize it's not private.

a way to filter out normies, like you op.

Remove image support on all boards except those that require it.

Also, ban phoneposters.

>An UI change?
UI is not technology if you don't like it use custom css or addon or whatever.
>A new/different CAPTCHA?
This i can get behind i want ghetto CAPTCHA
>A different method to handle posts, replies, archives and deletion?
I wouldnt mind it if deleting a post required you to know a password that would be generated before posting. That would make it a lot more anonymous.

thx

>How could Jow Forums be improved with the current technolgies?
Per thread IDs to help us filter the avalanche of shitposting this board is rife with.

How to improve Jow Forums:

Eliminate all the spammers and marketers
Increase the signal:noise ratio
Add webms with sound to all boards

honestly it's not that hard