When will we FINALLY get rid of LiPo batteries?

Attached: LiPosion.gif (346x220, 2.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Li-Po-Li-Po-LiPo-Liiii!

>smartphone barely keeps charge
>some parts of the sides seem to lift up from the other part of the case
>case seems to have a slight curve
>put phone away
>next day the curve was massive
>mfw
and to the fucking disposal place it went. fucking hell, fuck this shit. don't want to know what would have happened if it was in my backpack or pants.

Attached: 1442087605002.jpg (259x195, 5K)

are you avin a giggle there m8

I use an old cracked iphone as a security cam and it's been completely swelled to the point the screen was almost at a 90 degree angle

still works years later

Why? They're better than Li-Ion söy trash.

Attached: 90DtH.gif (280x215, 627K)

both are fucking flawed by concept. you only have to look funny at them and they will go up right in your fucking face.
it's fucking time for the solid meme.

Aluminium-air or LI-air are the future

you'll be surprised when we finally get better batteries because they will be even more volatile

Explosions are inherent to all super high energy density batteries. Thunderf00t has some good content about that in his anti-Elon Musk videos.

TL;DR there's very little difference between a high energy density battery and a stick of dynamite, except the battery doesn't require a cap to ignite it, just a stab.

Attached: caution wet floor.jpg (1840x3264, 456K)

Lithium memes react violently with oxygen. Solid state batteries without that shit will be much more safer by default.

When your mother stops buying them for her vibrator collection

This. It's cuz lithium is the devil's element.
Graphene batteries when

aluminum air batteries

What happened to NiCd?

youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls

Attached: 1529532542944.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Literally shit in every aspect

LiPo is too superior.

Just give me super-capacitors that have about 600 wh/kg and then I'd be a very happy man.

pls don't ever source thunderf00t as anything more than an autistic neckbeard with a severe case of illusory superiority

Low energy density, and cadmium causes ball cancer.

Why not NiMH?

A soon as we find a alternative that has a higher energy density, and doesn't blow up. Hopefully both.

at least they had their case made of metal instead of plastic

Stupid ass memory effect

I'll settle for lifepo, but I realise it doesn't have the power density for every use case