Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to be the best programmer in my last company but now I moved to another company I feel like I don't know shit and I'm horrible sometimes.

Fuckkkkk
I used to be so good in my last role

Everyone says you're with the big boys now and in one of the biggest companies in the US

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/b/Hardware-Chain-Rope-Rope/N-5yc1vZc2gr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok

Does it mean I'll get better and eventually be as food as the others?

They've been in same company over 10 years and I'm still new

You'll learn more now instead of stagnating.

How about some advice please?

exactly how many phoneposters are on this fucking board now

homedepot.com/b/Hardware-Chain-Rope-Rope/N-5yc1vZc2gr

>/b/
pottery.

Yo, relax. They're not gonna fire you or anything. Just do your best and learn like a sponge. You're gonna be as good as them one day. Just strive to be the best programmer again.

>food
I meant good
I'm watching a movie now
This month has been rather stressful and I just feel like I'll never be as good as the others
I left my last role for a more challenging position and I got exactly what I wanted but it's so hard at times.

I used to be sooo good

What's the new company?

Don't worry if people are better than you -- learn from them, look at their code, look at how they do things.

What advice faggot your whole OP is just bitching of how much you suck

Yea
I already talked to my boss and his boss about this.

They know I used to do some good before but what I'm facing here is mind-blowing and I didn't really face this kind of stuff before even though I used to be GOAT in last company

Yea. I want to learn from them but they treat me like a pleb because they've done this for over 10 years and to them it's simple

What is the mind blowing stuff, you've got my attention and I'm too curious.. :D

Funny that you mention that, OP. This new guy joined us like a month ago. He doesn't know shit! We're thinking about embarrassing him later. Strange, you sound just like him!

"New job insecurity." It's pretty common. Don't worry user, study the new stack, and you'll get there.

Attached: Benchmark.png (646x438, 415K)

Jason!!!!!

I just need a few more months

Just keep at it and eventually one or more of them will respect you and offer to show you some stuff. I manage multiple teams where I work and the most impressive people are the ones who are self-starters and who can get stuff done reliably. It doesn't matter if it's something basic or menial, if they can get things done, they are awesome in my book.

>humblebrag

Hmmm

Okay guys. I've been remembering and comparing to my last job. When I say I was good I mean I was so good I was actually really good and now I don't know what I am anymore.

I'm not the worst at all
But there's so much that brings me down

I guess I should stop remembering the past and continue to greatness

Yo I'm just kidding, I'm not one of your co-workers lol. If you do your best and stay your calmest, you'll definitely get the hang of it in a few months.

Not really

Kind of want to leave this company because of the depression it has caused me

I was just joking..

Also thanks for the (yous) friends I've had a crazy month and just had to get this out somehow

Attached: images(3).jpg (246x205, 10K)

*snap*

Attached: 22gaou[1].jpg (1200x794, 97K)

Is this some sort of detached-from-reality college homework project? You are the real cringe.

>Is this some sort of detached-from-reality college homework project?
what

Fuck off luke

go blog about it in facebook, not here.
saged

I don't use facebook
Plus anyone I know IRL tells me to quit but everyone I know is kind of weak
Tough job = just quit and find something eaiser right Jow Forums

Problem with me is I'm not that weak and can take this and learn from it

Attached: 1529705990017.jpg (709x595, 156K)

is this the famous american work ethic?
worrying constantly about not being the best and being a neurotic shambles?

Only if you compare yourself to someone who's worked in the same company for years and knows everyone

That's the pathway to madness

get gud

shut down the whole company with a single commit and delete the .git folder

This
People at my work are like " x is a genius!!!" But in reality it's just because he's been there for literally 20 years since it began and has worked on it since then. If you don't know your shit after 20 years you would actually be retarded

Use this an opportunity to better yourself OP. Staying the best all the time is nice, but stepping a way and then becoming better than you ever have been before is the best thing for you.

Thanks but how do I get better?

I've actually been depressed lately because of this job and everyone at work looks at me like WTF are you so worried or sad about..

Meanwhile I'm sitting there and thinking fuck I'm a fraud!!!

How many problems are there with this instance method?

Public Function MaskSensitiveValue(ByVal ValueToMask As String) As String
Dim MaskedValue As String = ""

If ValueToMask "" Then
MaskedValue = "********"
End If

Return MaskedValue
End Function

A novice will see one.

An experienced programmer will see two.

A programming geek will see three.

A pro will see all three, but there is a basic one even the novice should have caught that makes the others irrelevant.

What kind of programmer are you?

1) It's written in Visual Basic
2) I don't know Visual Basic because I'm not a retard

Then take a crack at the Python equivalent, you fucking idiot.

def mask_sensitive_value(value_to_mask):
masked_value = ""

if value_to_mask == "":
masked_value = "********"

return masked_value

Oh shit i learn basic python and looked at this for at least a long entire 3 minutes before realizing the return masked_value is not nested in the if statement so its useless and wont mask the desire input

1) you should do if value_to_mask == masked_value
2) you can put the return statement after the if statement.
3) no need to even declare the masked_value string if you just do return "****"

3 is what the geek sees and is what makes 2 and 1 irrelevant.

(Not OP)

written out in code to be more clear
1) masked_value = ""

if value_to_mask == masked_value:
return masked_value

3) masked_value = ""

if value_to_mask == masked_value:
return masked_value

3) if value_to_mask == "":
return "********"
[/code

You just about got the real problem. The input doesn't even matter...so why should we ever pass a sensitive value as a parameter to this function in the first place? There's no reason to use this function, let alone trust it. Delete it.

Same thing happened to me

>kill it in university
>kill it in competitions
>kill it in side projects
>kill it in first job
>get new job in research
>working with PhDs
>everything I do shredded by them as inefficient
>they can just do analysis with a pencil and rewrite all my code to be 1/4 the size
>they know immediately how a compiler will fuck up everything I just wrote so have to hand optimize

You just learn from them a day at a time, eventually their experience rubs off on you and you become the expert. You'll never be good if you're never tested, and if you're never beside somebody far more advanced than you are you can learn from. My advice is:

>take cornell style notes of everything they tell you so you don't ask twice
>ask them for background material to read
>make a daily schedule to fit in this material, make sure you do it
>learn all PhDs and ridiculously advanced experts have schedules and can blow out enormous books in less than a week
>read about deep work
>try to do deep work

No
You've reached the top of the stairs

Attached: download.png (698x400, 46K)

Yes
This is true but I'm not a failure
Also. I just need to start studying again and get better

I just need to study again and hit the books.

Also I've been promoted so much that now I'm stuck and think I'm useless