GNU plus Linux

Is he right to call it that?

Attached: gnupluslinux.png (1280x800, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cO-zRU21HZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 no or "don't be a nag" pasta
Guys, while a lot of this might be complete autism, I personally think that in this day and age, calling it GNU/Linux actually has some real meaning. There is this little thing called Android, and it uses the Linux kernel, but the rest of the components are non-GNU. Some are even proprietary! However, I have seen normies make the dangerously misleading claim that "Android is Linux!" It technically is, as it uses the Linux Kernel, but it shares nothing else with GNU/Linux distros, particularly their respect for your freedoms.
Because of this, we should say GNU/Linux, so as not to confuse it with the botnet that is Android, or other such projects. By saying GNU/Linux, we make it clear that yes, we are using Linux, but we are also using Free Software.

Did you make that site yourself?

of course not

Can you post the link to it?

boredmob.com/dump/gnu

happen to be the owner? i'd like to host it elsewhere and stealing is bad

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'.

Attached: linux torvalds.png (659x704, 307K)

>toxic
>chad
>gnu/linux

It's often the little words which identify you as an annoying cunt.

I really hope you fucking realise Linus tech tips DID NOT create FUCKING LINUX YOU IDIOT!!!
IT WAS CRAETED By liNUS TORVALDS U MONG
HAHAHAHAHHAHAhA

based metacringe poster

Wait does stallman actually think it should be called gnu+linux?
I thought it was a made up pasta

youtube.com/watch?v=cO-zRU21HZY

The whole pasta is composed of Stallmanism including his passive-agressive semantic autism.

its 100% free, as in libre and free as in beer or whatever

I'm not gonna bother tacking on an extra 3 to 4 syllables (depending on how you pronounce "GNU/") to a 2 syllable word that already describes it sufficiently. At the core of all Linux distributions is the Linux kernel, and not all Linux distributions use GNU software. If somebody really wants to know more about Linux and you absolutely just HAVE to satisfy Stallman's "MUH CREDIT" autism, you can explain it to them then.

>boredmob.com/dump/gnu
Did.. Did you walk right into that one? Surely you are not so stupid to not see that as bait right?

This, this is just a case of a stubborn man refusing to see it as the credit stealing (Linux made it succesfull) it is

Attached: WEdidit.jpg (400x345, 48K)

No, see, this is one of the problems with free software. Decentralization of components might ultimately be a good thing, but it leads to stupid little childish pissing contests over semantics like this one. This has nothing to do with "stealing credit", it's really quite simple, in that people don't want to trip over their own tongue trying to pronounce something like "GAHNOO SLASH LINUX" and look to the world around them like a fucking retard when it's much simpler to just say "Linux", nobody in the real world gives a fuck about Stallman and his cult or his stupid fucking water buffalo or his stupid fucking 'I Am The Son of God Look At My Golden Aura' hat.

It depends on the distro. If it's Debian, that's fine.

Why doesn't Stallman just call it GNU then, and encourage others to call it GNU instead of Linux? Just as Torvalds does not call his own Kernel as being part of GNU?

Attached: Harpy.jpg (1240x1333, 526K)

that would go against his stance of giving credit where its due

Kind of what I meant.. Stallmans ego and zealots are the ones I have a problem with not the rest

see:

How is it "dangerously misleading"? Who is it a danger to, exactly, to be "misled" in such a way? I really wonder, because it sure as hell isn't the normies who couldn't care less and don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Could it be the Stallmanites living in constant fear of yet another uneducated rube not giving credit to your precious bloated userland? I know what the whole deal's about and I'm going to call it "Linux" anyway, if you want it to change, go contribute to your shitty HURD until you can drop the Linux kernel altogether if you're that butthurt about it.

>normies couldn't care less
that's the fucking problem

How is that the problem when they're not even the target market? Anyone curious enough to want to learn Linux is going to end up figuring all this shit out by themselves anyway.

>listening to things kikes say