Unity or UE4?

Unity or UE4?

Attached: botd_02.jpg (3840x2160, 1.36M)

>:^)

Either are fine, but UE4 has gross lighting and a shit fanbase

Unity is better

Godot.

UE5 is already out to select developers.

Literally no reason to use unity tbqh

Unity is too resource heavy when compared to UE4. It looks something like 10% better but it needs 40% more power, it's not worth it.

Cryengine

It really depends on what you want to do, so let me just make it easy for you:
>FPS
Unreal
>Literally anything else
Unity3D

/thread as the only person who has ever work with both engines on professional games that released

Unreal engine has always been better. Unity looks like plastic and you need a gtx 1080 just to get it to run normally

don't spend time thinking about specifics and picking, just get really good at one, unless youre working on mobile or 2d, in which case use unity

Godot works fine for 2D, not sure about the 3D engine. Also it's FOSS, so automatic Jow Forums points.

Unreal because most of the devs that use Unity dont optimize their shit so it runs slow as shit while Unreal runs a lot better

>>>/3d/

Just spend 8 years reinventing the wheel and build your own bicycle on Vulkan that will be much slower than any commercial engine because most of their speed comes from secret driver optimizations.

thats the dev's fault not unity's?????

That's our fault as society. Artists should take their time and invest in quality instead of trying to meet deadlines and get exhausted.

Have you looked into escape from tarkov? Its beautiful and made in unity

Kill yourself

UE
Unity has shit performance no matter what you do

>I need to take advantage of UE specific add-ons or workflows or my team already uses UE so I need to use it to work with them.
Unreal Engine.

>I am working on my own project or any other reason.
Unity.

Attached: 1334213886009.jpg (126x126, 2K)

>UE is heavier than unity
Nani? When I installed it on my old low end laptop it was almost unusable compared to unity

fucc, I mean
>unity is heavier than UE

unity for easy web and mobile target

fuck off shill. Unity runs like shit.

It's a meme. A lot of bad devs ship unoptimized projects and also use Unity. Then a lot of people who are also bad devs decide that the only reason these project are slow or suck is because Unity.

That looks too clean and the rocks are to edgy to try to pass as real, also the leaves are too perfect while in real life there is always discolorations, torn leaves, bugs eating holes through them etc.

>Unity looks like plastic
Spotted the one that cant into shaders...

I just did and it looks like plastic

Can somebody set up a blind test of some top-tier Unity renders and some top-tier UE renders so we can see if Unity really looks bad or if it's just bias?

Solo - Unity
Game Dev Studio- UE4

>Uuuh guys, what's best? A hammer or a chainsaw?
Not the same tool for the same work.
If you're a small inde team though, Unity will almost always be the best choice.

Worry about that once you've somehow managed to generate all the assets your project needs

Cryengine 4 is unironically best engine.