What printer has the lowest per-page print cost? It can be black & white only...

What printer has the lowest per-page print cost? It can be black & white only, and the printer itself should cost less than $300.

Attached: brother_hl_l2300d_monochrome_laser_printer_1080909.jpg (2000x2000, 116K)

i have your pic related

HP Laserjet 4 probably.

Don't be too cheap. If you're printing a lot to care about price per page, then you're probably spending a good deal of money on paper and (I assume) printing a lot.

There are shittonnes of printers less than $300, most are colour and multifunction (e.g., scanning). Look for cheap if you want, but don't go scraping the bottom of the barrel. Get something with some quality as to avoid paper jams, breakdowns, ink streaks on the pages, and easy refill/replacement of ink and paper.

>What printer has the lowest per-page print cost?
My printer, since I've found it in trash. And it was 1/2 full of toner.

I've got a brother printer that looks just like the one in the pic, cheapest laser printer on amazon at the time.

its been an extremely good printer. however the wifi connectivity is extremely bad, completely unreliable. no issues over usb

And yeah, replacement tones costs just like a new printer, so fuck brother, I use 3-rd party cartridge now.

my $80 brother laser printer takes $32 toner cartridges. and those are the XL ones.

Don't they make their printer malfunction and die if it detects 3rd-party toners now?

Yes

No. It is HP thing.
Brother rarely complains about ink/toner. They have optical system on inkjets and some magic in laser.
Dunno. But in term of build quality they are decent, unlike HP, that literally dries after warranty

i use a brother hl-l2380dw. duplex laser printing, flatbed tray for scanning and copying. has a wifi chip and an ethernet port and uses pretty standard pcl drivers, so it's fine for network printing from almost any device. i buy chink toner refills that are 3 for ~30 bucks and they last me for 2000 pages each

Does anyone have any tips on large format printers? Tabloid size printing. I'm a dungeon master and I make hex maps for my group and it doesn't work well giving them the pdf on tablets, if it isn't too expensive I might try printing them out and giving them to the group.

Does the map change every week? If it changes infrequently, you could just go to Kinkos once and have them print it since tabloid-size printers are quite expensive.

I'd feel too nerdy.
What if the cute girl behind the counter asks what it's for?

>2019
>printing
This is Jow Forums right?

HP and Brother both make 11x17 capable inkjet printers for cheap.
Yes, that means settling for inkjet.
11x17 Laser printers are audaciously expensive.

Just get an inexpensive brother.

HP will fuck you on cartridge compatibility
Canon is weird shit
Other manufacturers focus more on reliability, repairability, and quality to be concerned with lowest cost per page.

Epson WF-2631 for AIO
Epson WF-2651 for the above, but with automagic duplex.

Epson WF-7611 is the big brother of above with A3+ capabilities.

Easy to obtain refillable print carts of ink tank mods.

Used to mainly used HPs till they started the firmware fucking up printers and carts bullshit.

Brother is very expensive for no perceivable advantages over Epson.

Canon is pretty rare here.

Line matrix/ dot matrix printers ar cheaper than laser, god bless the ink ribbon.

HP printers don't really care about cartridge compatibility so long as cartridges have the chip.

Epson L6170, we got it at work, printed 4k pages and still got more then half ink left, I never expected it to be so efficient

Just to hijack this thread, if I were looking for the following printer:
>Laser
>Colour
>Wireless
>With Scanner
What would be the cheapest budget I'd be looking for? Is getting a chink printer an option?

I have a printer issue with an older HP deskjet. The font is cut off at the top with the black ink. What are some solutions? I went through all the maintenance and fixes using the driver and repair tools but nothing worked.

You spill the emergency spaghetti

Chinks don't really make printers.

Anything with wireless, color Laser and scanner and you're basically looking at business class and a hefty penny if you want it to be good.

You're going to be looking at
Brother MFC9330CDW
Fuji xerox CM115w
Canon MF628cw/MF8280CW
RICOH SP C261SFNw

Which are all in decked out A3+ injet AIO with external tank mod territory.

I got one similar to the OP's photo.

No wifi just usb, but I have a netbook running ubuntu server that I installed CUPS on.

Works fine family.

Attached: 1509165986517.jpg (604x453, 39K)

sorry, gonna hijack this thread.
i need a printer that can print up to 110lbs cardstock. would any top loader printer do? been looking at a few printers that have been on sale and i noticed that practically no printer actually says the cardstock printing limit.

not really looking at printing in color. black and white is fine.

Business class printer accomplish that by a side pull out load tray.

Consumer shit feed wheels will just slip and tell you no paper.

>HP
That's your problem.

Oki dot matrix

Epson ecotank

I checked out a b/w laser printer at a store and decided that you really can't beat 5 cents/ page at my university library. And you get the option of color and automatic double sided printing etc.

I'm suprised Oki led printers don't get the love they deserve. Simple-ass mechanics, refillable toners, built like a tank. I have a c3200 for 10 years, and the only thing a had to do with it over the years, is to re-lube the cogs to stop it creaking.