What's been your experience with acer?

>

Attached: Snapchat-2029280900.jpg (1836x3264, 611K)

got a 3D 720p 1ms DLP projector from them in 2010 or some thing. was pretty awesome. thermal paste of the chip burnt out on a hot day in Australia thou but got a replacement chip for like 150$ from china and put it back on with proper thermal paste but that ended up getting some dust in the chamber but its so bright you don't really notice it.

three acer monitors, two for me and one for my brother's wife. hers broke some how but mine are still working

Total horseshit

I have this old acer laptop, 6+ years and still kicks, pretty good imo

I had an Aspire last me six damn years and it was two old when I bought it. It was the finest piece of shit I've ever had.

I just got an acer chromebook after I exchanged the broken HP chromebook I bought. It is pretty fucking nice. 350 bucks and I got a 1080p IPS panel and a nice keyboard. I'm really impressed by how little I paid for the quality I got. The future looks amazing for cheap computing. This PC is great for someone who uses a desktop as their main PC, but want something portable to do normal crap that doesn't need high end hardware.

acer laptop

bad build quality but cheap and shared the same mobo with top model so I immediately void it and upgraded it myself lol

Still working 4 years on

Bought a cheapo AO756 netbook back in 2012, still running like a champ apart from the keyboard, but that's my fault for choking on my coffee at it.

Acer is the only one that have decent priced laptops with amd ryzen + vega cpu's.

>ryzen + vega cpu's.
What are you smoking?

>acer
>2019-1

>Monitors
Pretty nice, I like them
>Projectors
Pretty alright I guess
>Laptops
Really bad build quality, omg

I don't even know what they sell other than that stuff

Bought PackardBell (same shit, but different brandname) 7 years ago now, and it still works fine.
It features pretty good TN display, OK keyboard, not too shitty touchpad, and extremely shitty battery life (got from 3 hours to 15 minutes, even though cells are quality Sanyo).
Literally the best laptop I've ever owned, because:
>Apple MacBook Air 13"
Extremely shitty keyboard, throttling. And with no grounding it shocks.
>"ThinkPad" E330
Extremely shitty display. Monochrome would be better.
Extremely shitty touchpad.
>Lenovo IdeaPad 300$
Extremely shitty chassis, shitty display.
>ASUS X502CA
Pretty good, but fuck Asus with their Windows drivers. (Not mine laptop, so I can't use xf86-input-synaptics)
And chassis is marginal.
>ASUS X202E
Same, but due to smaller size chassis is not an issue.

After all, it is Renault of laptops. Pure basics, but it is quite reliable.

Ive got an acer laptop that was given to me, no idea if it works, a few of the buttons feel like theyre not pressing down smoothly either, not quite sticking but are resiting being pushed

I gotta find a charger for it but my hopes arent high, ive never messed with a laptop before and it looks like it was tossed around

I have their 2k 144 hz IPS monitor and I have to turn it off and on again to get a display every time I boot my PC.

I've recently bought a new Acer Swift 1 for light work and basic web-surfing and I'm impressed by it: it's light, it runs cool, it's silent, build quality is outstanding considering its low price, it runs Lubuntu 18.04 amazingly well. It definitely satisfies my needs.

decent budget monitors,fucking horseshit laptops

budget segment isn't that bad for it's price
the worst thing is ms\intel cucked drivers and even bios which took me a few days to handle gentoo installation

Good system specs for the dollar but mediocre build quality that is better than some laptops I've seen. I had a i7-6300u with an hd620 I think a few years ago with them.

Attached: J5H_B_MmEYHBG7iA7wAoCUbrnXoFMl_jwv6Z2hhAuo.png (640x380, 361K)

I can never find parts for their laptops

If you're looking for cheap, decent laproop, acer is your go to brand. It make no sense to go even cheaper than that.

Because you're either living in a shithole or simply not looking hard enough

>Acer Aspire 1691
not sure if laptop or heating element
>Acer Aspire One D257
slow as fuck because intel atom, easy to work on, parts are cheap. great battery life
>Acer V193w monitor
not bad for a cheap monitor, 11 years old and still kicking

had an android tablet from them - was good til a friend's mongoloid kid was at it and killed it, somehow corrupted the rom. not worth fixing now. but the workstation im on now is an Acer-era eMachine (it's mobo at least) - it's an OEM mobo, but you can overclock it's nForce 400 series chipset with official nVidia software. As well, my PC i use for gaming, built using an old OEM LGA775 mATX mobo, is from a Veriton m480. they have decent kit, as long as you dont abuse it!

Acer Aspire 15.6 Notebook
CORE i3
500GB HDD
8GB RAM
Windows 10
Iridium Browser with AdBlock

works for me.

Okay to shit
I got a dual core i7 768p TN meme laptop when I was illiterate about them, probably my most regretful purchase
But Acer themselves are fine I guess, at least they have good warranty and the battery from my laptop is removable

I was about to say I never owned an Acer product in my life and then I realized my monitors say Acer on them. Decent cheap 23" 1080p IPS monitors I got in 2014.

I have an acer aspire one running xp that's still kicking after 12 years despite me fucking with it pretty bad back in the day. Though all I ever really used it for was leaching wifi from people in town back when I still lived with my parents in the middle of nowhere. I bought a 15" acer for $200 about 6 years ago, used it for 3 than gave to my cousin. They still have it and it still works. It was pretty slow even when I bought it and now all they use it for is facebook games.

>pick and timestamp.

Attached: 6vg6464g.jpg (3968x2972, 683K)

kek i wrote 08

Attached: 3t3t54.jpg (2988x5312, 466K)

>08 was 10 years ago

Attached: C85106AB3AEB4C678A8E3740D1FB71EC.jpg (1072x1097, 560K)

wait wtf

Only their low-tier cheap laptops are worth it, they are engineered to be cheap and that works in your favor reliability-wise, empty space inside is filled with plenty of plastic standoffs, so they're decently rigid.
Absolutely avoid their ultrabook and gaming (Nitro/Predator) laptop lines, tons of flex issues pop up usually not much longer than 1 year of ownership.

Mediocre build quality but works in your favor if you're buying their cheap as fuck laptops. Using an ES1-432 model right now and it has an pentium n4200. I've been dual booting it and the performance is reasonable for both operating systems. Never gets hot and battery lasts a long time due to the weak-ass processor.

Bought aspire vn7-5xxx something nitro.
Keyboard is shit.
Everytime computer goes to sleep after you turn computer back on keyboard light in red turns on and there is no way to set default to off, you always need to turn it off yourself.
AFter one month off buying video card broke.
Also had to replace 2k ips screen year later.
I wish I just saved up a little bit and bought x1 carbon or smth.
I don't even do gaming anymore.
I regret buying my acer so much.

>Budget 24" 1080p monitor (too lazy to look up the model)
I've had it for about 10 years. Still working fine, my sister's using it at her digs right now.
>C720p Chromebook
I've had it for about three years. It was cheap and great for what it does. My only complaint would be that Google doesn't support this model for Android apps.

This seems to be the case. I've had friends who had their middle tier laptops break and having to wait a ridiculous long time for it to be repaired. It could be that Acer's support has improved in the past ten years, though.

Had an atom aspire one netbook for school in 2011. Absolute POS but I have fond memories of it because it was so comically bad. glossy 720p screen, shit keyboard, touch pad with buttons that zapped me when I used it on a couch.

Pretty much the hyundai of computers

Got laptop from them 2 years ago and im very satisfied with it.
Had to reassemble the thing but in the process i found out there are no traps like in HP and Dell laptops for example and everything is straight forward and cheap to install,replace and maintain.
Only flaw is that my w key failed and only that.
Im not sure how i would go into fixing it.

over all best bang for the buck brand for the knowledgeable user.

Decent. But ASUS ia better.

Renault doesn't build cheap plastic door holding hinges

Mine's still going strong as well, although it probably could do with a new battery. And I switched to Lubuntu.

Attached: aspireone.jpg (778x971, 491K)

Laptops with acceptable specs, but cheap chassis. The plastic is painted and starts to crack, making ports unusable after a while

Monitors are cheap and do the job but have terrible colors

At least they aren't asus

Dad sent me a cheap acer netbook after I spilled Mountain Dew on my asus. You have to fuck around a lot to switch the OS to ubuntu but after that I think it was mostly the shit OS that was causing problems, the laptop is fine.

8+10=18

>8+10=18
What did he mean by this

I've had jade laptops since I was 6. Pretty good.

I've had my Acer nitro v15 for 4 years now and it's working fine. Heavy gaming for the first year and then just general multimedia use and autitisfic anime playback. Always on the move with it as well.
Pretty slim and A E S T H E T I C too.

I've had a Netbook and pentium m notebook from acer. They are okay for the money.

Acer is okay if you don't want to spend much and are carefull with your shit.

I've got a Thinkpad x230 and an Asus G751JY now though. They are so much better than any acer laptop. But yeah, also much more expensive.

Had two Acer laptops in my life. The first was an Aspire One netbook from around 2008 that's still working fine. The other is a Chromebook that I use every day.
My only problem with them is build quality.