pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget for your build
>List your uses- e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work

Overclocking
>DON'T BUY AN 8000K CPU OR Z300 BOARD IF YOU AREN'T OVERCLOCKING
>Delid 8000K
>Use Precision Boost Overdrive & BCLK increase for Ryzen 2000X
>Use a real stress test & trustworthy temp software- e.g. IntelBurnTest & Core Temp

CPUs
>2200G- Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>2400G- Consider if close to 2200G price
>2600/X- Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>2700/X- Best mixed usage
>8700K- Best for gaming, but most expensive platform & delid necessary
>Threadripper/used Xeon- VM work/streaming/video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen are unlocked)
>Only Z300 Intel boards can utilize memory over 2666MHz

RAM
>8GB- Enough for most gaming use
>16GB- Standard for heavy use
>32GB- Too much for most users
>2933MHz is ideal; 3200 CL14 is B-die

Storage
>StoreMI can make HDDs better
>Consider getting a larger SSD instead of SSD+HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 might be SATA or PCIe
>PCIe/NVMe for intensive use only

Video cards
>SLI & CrossFire are unadvisable
1080p
>1050 Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or 570/580
>1070 or Vega 56 for 100+ fps
1440p
>1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64
>1080 Ti for 100+ fps
2160p
>1080 Ti

Power supplies
>Fully modular is very convenient
>80+ Platinum is overpriced

Monitors
>Explain purpose- e.g. photo editing, gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>G-SYNC only with high budget/GTX card
>Consider FreeSync with RX cards/APUs
>Low refresh rates benefit less from better CPUs

Previous

Attached: illust_23949028_20180623_021218.jpg (917x1410, 622K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X71_-9KB6Lo
anandtech.com/show/13001/the-gigabyte-x399-designare-ex-motherboard-review/10
youtu.be/TDqCK3Zcy7A?t=5m5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=X71_-9KB6Lo

basically why even bother with meme CPUs with integrated graphics?

Because it's about as good lol
Also the 2400G would be better and still less expensive than the 1030

Attached: __kirino_ranmaru_and_princess_of_the_crystal_inazuma_eleven_series_inazuma_eleven_go_and_mawaru_peng (623x800, 171K)

Just bought a 1070ti and I'm looking for a monitor now. Are there any g-sync screens I can get that won't break the bank but are decent quality? I want something between 23" - 27" (can go a bit larger than that maybe) but I don't really care about resolution too much.
If it's on the larger side I'd want 1440p though.

I asked my friend if a GTX 970 and Ryzen 5 2600X were good enough for a gaming PC (I'm a poorfag.) He said no because it's an outdated last gen card and the CPU has crappy single-thread performance which is important for vidya. He recommended me a 1060 + i5 8600 combo instead especially since they're both still around that price range.

Is he right?

Attached: .gif (530x320, 312K)

Got a 8086k @4.8ghz and a gtx 1080ti to play pubg at 1080p low settings..

Attached: c3b (1).jpg (456x320, 31K)

G-SYNC screens will definitely break the bank
We are talking $430 for a 27"
Your friend is a fucking retard
970 is old and will be the bottleneck mostly but still hold up ok
2600X has a pretty good single-thread once you OC compared to the locked Intel chips in its price range
No you didn't lol

Attached: illust_23851806_20180623_021207.jpg (600x850, 190K)

In one year I've had s 2tb WD and a 2tb Seagate fail on me, currently trying to salvage shit off the WD before the end. What's the best drive optimal for gaming that won't fucking fail on me?

>since the other 8 are reserved for the Vega
i dont understand how does it takes up PCI when its all inside CPU?

Reposting the i7-3770 vs 2600x real world benchmarks to counter the people who pretend everyone closes every background task and their browser when they game.

idk what your purposes are.

W TDP of cooling spec.

Yes? Considering AMD APU's have integrated graphics better than the 1030, why would you get that?
Yes. They're ~twice or more as good as the best DDR3 APU. Enough to play pretty much every game at 1080p. Often even at 60fps on low-medium settings.
In the past they were stuck on 720p, yes. Though part of that has to do with the jump from DDR3 to DDR4.

That's stock, and it's still way cheaper? You can get over 30% more performance with an overclock on the 2200G which puts it well above the 1030.
It's easy as fuck to overclock the iGPU on them.

2600X has better single threaded than the 8400; a commonly recommended CPU. Your friend is retarded.
The main cavaet is that you'll want fast, low latency memory, as most games are actually memory latency bottlenecked, not single threaded performance bottlenecked. So you will want to get 3000/3200 CL14 RAM if you can, which tends to be about 15% more expensive than general 3200 RAM.
970 is fine as long as you get it cheap, like He recommended me a 1060 + i5 8600 combo
8600 is only like.. 5% better single threaded performance than the 2600X. Whereas the 2600X has ~30-45% better multithreaded. Not a very good trade off. Also the SMT on 2600X keeps things smoother.

Also are you upgrading monitor? I wouldn't get a 1060 unless you're sticking with a 1080p 60hz monitor you already have. Better to get an RX570/RX580 and get a 75hz or better Freesync panel given the Gsync cost.

> Are there any g-sync screens I can get that won't break the bank
no. Even on sale, they tend to cost more than Freesync, let alone what Freesync costs on sale.

Attached: 3770k vs 2600x real world.png (1024x1200, 163K)

Good day, europoor here. Friend asked to help him get a PC and i here i am. Hes budget is around 1500 eur with monitor, for gaming. I wanted to ask is 75 Hz monitor worth for someone who never used more then 60 hz? Game in question is PUBG, something like 8700 and 1060 6gb is enough? II though of this medium range graphics because new line is around corner (but its europe, so will be long to arive). Thank you.

PCIE lanes are provided partly by the chipset, partly by the CPU. When an iGPU is added, it needs some of those PCIE lanes just like a discrete GPU would.

Do Windows power setting matter much, especially in games? On HWMonitor if I set it to High Performance I can see the wattage go up and the voltage stays at 1.224V. With Balanced, the wattage goes up and down depending on what's happening.

That's how HDDs work
Literally any one of them can fail at any moment and there's nothing you can do about it but RAID and backups
The CPU and GPU are separate entities since Vega is its own architecture and can't realistically be fully integrated
Therefore, the CPU sends data through PCIe.
You might want to tell your friend to stop playing shitty games
Anyway, PUBG benefits from per-thread performance so even an 8350K would technically do the job because of how retarded it is. I would suggest the 8400 or 8500 depending on price
75Hz is OK I guess, would probably rather have an IPS 60Hz panel though
It can matter a bit, usually do high performance unless you're on Ryzen in which case the chipset driver allows you to select Ryzen balanced which is apparently better

Attached: illust_18799700_20180623_015825.jpg (1061x1500, 398K)

i see, thanks, i dont know why did i think that the fact it is integrated doesnt use up lanes just like a external card would

Finally assembled my saved old hardware. However, I have a problem with expansion cards. With Adaptec 2940U and a Quantum Empire UltraSCSI HDD, the DOS disk utils (like scandisk) freezing the system. I tested the controller and the disk in my linux sys, everything passed. The other problem was my Gravis Ultrasound PnP not detected, iwinit cannot find the card (at this point a reboot would halt the system). I was curious, and tried my AWE32 too (both card using ISA bus and PnP for initialization) successfully (FastTracker II is still great for audio testing). Any idea?

The config: Abit BH6, Katmai PIII 450Mhz (stock speed), 32MB CL3 SDRAM, 7,5GB Quantum Fireball ES HDD.

Attached: trap120.png (946x2192, 1.01M)

I'm thinking of getting the PM02 but I'm scared NH-D15-SE won't fit since the case says it supports 167mm but the cooler is 165mm.

that 2mm difference is scaring me a little

There are technically ways of getting around that, but none of them make sense for a budget product that's basically a CCX and Vega tied up with infinity fabric
You'll be completely fine
The D15 heatsink itself is only 160mm, so if you push the fans down you can get that low if you really have to

Attached: illust_34221264_20180623_015732.jpg (400x561, 104K)

so basically, these gpu and motherboard manufacturers? whats the deal with them, who to choose?

Back in 2013 we were laughing at AMDfags.

Now the Amdfags are laughing at us. :(

I just argued with an idiot that couldn't read a graph and couldn't tell which results were b-die and which weren't.
It got to the point that every single thing they said was wrong and I thought they were trolling, but it really seems they were so dumb that they couldn't tell the difference between two b-die results, and the non-b-die results.

The PCIe lanes are partially from the CPU. 16 on the CPU on both platforms, though only bifurcatable on X#70, Z#70, and B#50.
But b350 2400G+dGPU still has roughly the same PCIe lanes free as a b360 board +dGPU. 10 vs 12.

75hz is good.
Not sure if you can reliably drive 75fps in PUBG, though? Doesn't that game's fps go up and down like a roller coaster? Adaptive sync is nice to have in general.

Avoid Gigabyte.
Avoid low end model ASUS (dual) and MSI (armor, though the armor mk2 seems fine)

Attached: the stilt's timings b-die.png (1445x867, 234K)

>tfw I bought an AMD CPU for the first time today since I started building PCs 10 years ago
I swear I wasn't an intel fanboy I just always heard good things about intel

I hope intel and AMD can keep trading blows so CPUs don't stagnate again

So I have two 140mm front intake fans, two 140mm exhaust fans up top, and a 120mm rear exhaust fan that sits on top of the radiator for my AIO (small case, so I had to settle for a smaller cooler). I think that the optimal setup for me here would for the rear fan to be an intake, therefore exposing the radiator, but for aesthetic purposes, I really don't want that. Am I fucking myself by doing this? My temps seem fine so far.

>My temps seem fine so far.
all is well

>Pubg

Attached: costanza_bonanza.jpg (329x289, 29K)

What's the most powerful socket 486 cpu I can get?
I might try restoring an old pc if it's cheap enough.
Still need DDR, cpu cooler and ide hdd.

Na it's fine.

I've been building PCs for almost 20 years. For my personal machines, I got AMD up until 2011. It hasn't made sense to get an AMD CPU since 2011 (except for ultra budget builds, but my PCs were always around $1200-$2100), up until last year with Ryzen.

Though when I did finally get that Intel CPU, I went 6 years without fucking upgrading not because I couldn't afford it, but because it was retarded that the 4770k was a new socket/chipset only 2 years later.

How does rear fan as an intake change the aesthetic...?
But yes, that likely would be ideal. Positive pressure is generally best, especially when you have radiators since radiators blow out (unless you're retarded) and positive pressure gives them the slightest bit more bite in addition to other benefits.

radiators work perfectly fine with exhaust fans as long as the case has plenty of intake
depending on what gpu you're using that 120mm fan should be drawing fairly cool air
if you really want peak performance in that configuration you could set the top fans as intake. before someone talks about how that's going against physics that's untrue when actual forces moving air are concerned

What kind of CPU socket is this? how do i mount a fan on it?

Attached: processor socket.png (553x470, 18K)

ultrawide gaming looks comfy, but the high end monitors are really expensive

I want to finally build my pc, since I finally have the means... But I feel like I'll regret not waiting for the new nvida gen...
Help me be strong Jow Forums.

google?

Do you even have $750+ for their new GPU?

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place but I recently got a new motherboard and a new ssd.
I transferred Windows 10 from my hdd to my ssd.
Now I see ''Activate Windows'' in the bottom right corner.
i used the troubleshooter and it gave me this error code: 0xC004C003
wat do?

Give it back Tyrone.

Daily reminder that lewdposting user is an AMD shill.

Attached: 1515200774894.png (1644x1370, 102K)

wtf that is literally me
spirituality saved me from caring about having a successful life though, but that'd be the only thing that's not correct

cry brian

Attached: 1491972340310.png (633x900, 162K)

ABOUT TO PULL THE TRIGGER
>goodbye i5-6500 (non-k)

Attached: Unbenannt.png (831x399, 55K)

THESE ARE SOME PRETTY NEAT COMPONENTS

OH NO, NO

Attached: 1526143169002.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Why do people say 1080ti is overkill for 1080p when in many benchmark videos I'm seeing it drop very close, and in some situations even under 60fps on ultra settings in some games

Attached: 1528306320047.png (612x491, 106K)

Okay, so I can still do everything except playing games on my build. Yesterday I came to /pcbg/ and said that my graphic card's display kept cutting out (980 Ti). I am currently using my motherboard's display to view anything. What has been going on is that every time my GPU decides to stop working (these are all brand new parts by the way), I hear a sound like a power down even though it still has power going to it and the side is still lit up. I then used to have to restart my PC and reseat my RAM to get a display again. I have the latest driver and also have sufficient and stable power. Any ideas? I waited a week for this GPU, I'll be mildly upset if this is a faulty one.

Could you post some of those benchmarks?
I've never seen that.

Have it replaced right away. No use praying for a godfix.
>you feed it enough power
>it's properly seated
>i mean if you have a good friend, ask them if you can test it on their rig for fault confirmation

Any last words?
"Hurr durr, ur making a big mistake, buy X instead", for example?
no intel pls

you could watch actually hardcore overclocking's coverage of this board for some misc infos and power capabilities if you haven't already
while I don't usually like msi both products are fine and a pretty smart buy

This is why you don't use Noctua air coolers on 1950X

Attached: Overclocking.png (985x343, 31K)

anandtech.com/show/13001/the-gigabyte-x399-designare-ex-motherboard-review/10
From this article btw

youtu.be/TDqCK3Zcy7A?t=5m5s

thx bby. can't wait for them to arrive.
it's almost like building the machine is the most satisfying part compared to owning and using it

that's mostly true, it can also be a literal hell when you run into an issue and have to troubleshoot without post codes and stuff
figuring out how good your individual chip is can be pretty satisfying too

Pretty sure the fucker messed up his BIOS. This is at 4GHz on all cores

Attached: Untitled.png (1489x902, 351K)

So I won one of those Intel i7 8086k chips, is assembling a machine with that going to be similar to building a machine with an 8700? I have no idea what I’m doing

Get a 1950X :)

Is that a boy?

anyone built their own case before? i have rather specific needs that no case will ever fit. obviously something metal is beyond my skill because ive never worked with metal before

Would it be easier to build a machine based on that? I’ve always wanted a gaming PC but could never get myself to actually go through with it.

In US you can exchange a 8086K for the 1950X. But yeah, if you're going for pure gaming 8086K is the best you can get.

is there anything wrong with this build that i might be missing

Attached: build.png (441x771, 75K)

So if I kept the 8086k, would building a PC around it be like building an 8700? I have zero PC building experience I just wanna play vidyas as a master racer

8700 is a locked chip, meaning you can't overclock it. You can overclock 8086K and you need a motherboard that's designed for you.

*for that

What's the biggest meme in PC building? AIOs? RGB?

Looks like a lot of research to do, thanks user

military-grade componentry

id drop the x52 and get a 580 instead

AIO is not a meme though

yeah it is. a good air cool performs the same or better, is quieter and has less points of failure.

Should i replace my hd7850 2gb with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti

>a good air cool performs the same or better
Wrong

Attached: enermax-360-vs-240-p95-100pct.png (704x392, 25K)

nice a single benchmark that doesnt actually include twin tower coolers and is running at 100% fan load

how is the Cooler Master Hyper RR-212E-20PK-R2?
is worth buying or there are better cooler's for 30€?

Because there aren't any twin tower coolers for TR4 due to the size of the socket, genius.

exactly, you picked the tr4 as a benchmark because its the only one that supports your claim

That only is enough to prove that AIO is not a meme, retard.

And do most AIO users use threadripper? No, it's just jack offs with their R5's and R7's wanting to look like special snowflakes.
Then, when they leak and their system is fried, they'll understand why liquid and computers don't mix for gaming use.

Maybe don't buy chinkshit if you don't want leaky AIOs, cheapfag

>That only is enough to prove that AIO is not a meme, retard.
no, look at benchmarks on any socket using a d15 and look at the noise levels as well. a maxed d15 is still pretty quiet where as a maxed top end 360mm radiator is impossibly loud

And that's the thing! The price/performance for air coolers is vastly more efficient than AIOs for most gaming/consumer user. Why spend 100-135 on a good AIO if half of that could buy a comparable air cooler?

they look ugly and dont ever have good rgb

Noise level is irrelevant if your processor is throttled.

Get a job and stop leeching off your parent (singular because your dad isn't likely to be in the picture)

>Noise level is irrelevant if your processor is throttled.
it wouldnt be though, do you realise you couldnt be in the same room as an enemax aio running at 100%

No evidence to support such claim.

that's subjective
just admit that AIOs are a meme/waste of money and a luxury item
it's just like mechanical keyboards
there's nothing wrong with that
but it's what it is

Results are objective. CPU under AIO is 13 degrees celcius cooler than the closest result under an air cooler.

And that's threadripper, which a majority of casual users aren't using. I've conceded that AIOs are superior for that use. But most use cases (like the ones here and elsewhere) don't need it.

True

any tip's on liquid coolers?
what is the price range worth buy?

it's a meme. Unless you're going to drop $600+ on a custom loop meme a thicc noctua heatsink will be better for you

thx
the Noctua NH-U9S is good?

Attached: monkey_PNG18721.png (600x600, 253K)

no, you need a 240mm rad

Neck yourself pedophile

First time posting on one of those.

Long story short, my gtx570 died today, after 9 years of good service.
I'm thinking about replacing her with a 1060 6gb from Asus.
The strix one costs about 350€.
So far I had mostly asus parts, anyone can recommend anything else?
I just want to play pubg, dota2 and maybe dirt at 1080p, I'm almost 28 and I think I won't play more in the near future.

How much will my setup be a bottleneck for the 1060?
I have a phenom II 965 on a asus m487td evo.
I need to travel a bit this summer so I don't want to use all my money on a fully new pc.

Attached: 1528498333111.jpg (960x956, 155K)

are you implying to do a loop?

no, air coolers are trash, you're better off with any aio

gay

>shilling for the AIO jew

wrong

????
are you guy's meme me?

i ask what is a good cooler ffs

Attached: run.jpg (960x640, 52K)

What are you looking for?
Basic: 212 by CM or H7 by Cryorig
More advanced: one of the big Noctua ones

I cannot for the life of me screw my Wraith Spire cooler in. The backplate is there, the mobo is flat on a table, the little brackets that came with the mobo are off, but whenever I try to screw in one corner, the only way to get it in is if the opposing corner is WAY off the mobo. I tried just screwing in one corner a little bit, but I cannot just get it in "a little bit".

Attached: 1420088708376.png (450x401, 8K)