Installed Ubuntu on my lapotop

>Installed Ubuntu on my lapotop
>Touchpad doesn't get recognized

Great, now my computer is broken but at least its running Linux and I'm free

Attached: vocaloid 0057.jpg (2400x1700, 1.33M)

Install Gentoo.

Try installing Ubuntu on something that isn't shit

This is a blueboard OP.

Why is this board so retarded after midnight?
I couldn't tell what board I was on cause I had s4s and a few others open at the same time
>mfw didn't not fall for the 16GiB ram meme

Attached: quick reminder.png (771x1280, 1.06M)

>Ubuntu
>Free
Pick one

Just install manjaro lmao.

>this

Stop being a nigger.

>does not test with live usb before install on bare metal
but the fact is linux have fewer driver support with windows, deal with it freetards

Linux users are as bad as vegans and cross-fitters. Enjoy your meme OS.

For the one millionth time, linux is shit.

Attached: Linux Is Shit.png (319x137, 29K)

Hey OP I had a similar problem trying to install Fedora with MATE (a DE) onto my thinkpad. It wouldn't recognize any input (ball point, keyboard, touchpad) so I tried reinstalling with XFCE instead and it worked flawlessly without any problems. I would reccomend trying a different Ubuntu ISO with a different DE (like kubuntu or xbuntu) and that will likely fix it, plus you'll get a cooler DE than GNOME.

and then while you're at it install Mint rather than Ubuntu. Both are Debian based and made for beginners but Mint has no botnet, and will still that way.

>linux has fewer driver support than windows

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1529752937912.png (394x487, 225K)

no idea how but this pic made me laugh

This, but you're retarded too if you didn't get 16gb ram four years ago when it was half as expensive as now.

kek
You should have known that linux is just a meme

>installed ubuntu on my laptop
>touchpad, clit mouse, wifi, usbs work fine
git gud

>unironically recommending mint
The absolute state of neo-Jow Forums.

Compared to Ubuntu? Yea Mint all the fucking way.

Sauce on this boy bussy OP?

>Buy proprietary hardware.
>Blame the software.
This is Jow Forums today.

>now my computer is broken but at least its running Linux and I'm free
linux in a nutshell

The best words.

/thread

This! Jow Forums is a bunch of retards.

>>Touchpad doesn't get recognized
You need to change the the driver, I went through this too. Check the Arch Wiki, there's enough info there to get you through this.

cute boys

>Touchpad
Use mouse and keyboard like a white man or fuck off.

Free from what?

Blueboard

Also get good cause you suck at computers

Attached: 1493585238720.gif (360x360, 1.08M)

>Still up with the image after 8 hours
>My shitposting gets removed immediately
Shaking my head, mods. Shaking my head.

Attached: 06141088.jpg (400x447, 37K)

It's because Miku is flat. However, she's 16 (or 11, based on when she was released by Crypton Media). Mods should really remove that image, considering she's underaged in the US.

Attached: no_thinking.png (640x640, 708K)

Attached: you_guys_are_such_fags.jpg (230x192, 27K)

>You

Attached: You_0.png (680x357, 249K)

Why does Jow Forums hate cartoon boobs now

Because it's a blue board.
Keep your bobs on the red ones.

I started talking about donald trump in a blatant pol thread and the thread never got taken down but I got a three day ban on /o/
Jow Forums mods are weird

Maybe come shitpost once you get home and focus on work/school when there

Plug in a mouse for now.
Go on the internet and look for a driver for your touchpad. I think you can find the driver better if you type in the model. The model should be listed if you type lspci or lsbus or something like that. Ask the experts here

Wouldn't that be an indication that the mods on /o/ are more diligent than the mods on Jow Forums?

Does it have proprietary stuff or something?

>he doesn't develop his own drivers while listening to vocaloid

Who the fuck uses thouchpad anyway?

Post more, OP.

This. Don't tell me you use computers too, OP.

>this thread is still up
mods are really incompetent faggots, aren't they