>$150
>sd625
>3gb ram
>5.9" 18:9
>dual rear camera
>Adreno 506
>latest android

What the fuck?

Attached: xiaomi-redmi-s2-.jpg (160x212, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a96UJcmlv2M
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
blog.thijsbroenink.com/2016/09/xiaomis-analytics-app-reverse-engineered/
securityintelligence.com/remote-code-execution-in-xiaomi-miui-analytics/
f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002731.html
financetwitter.com/2014/07/here-is-how-xiaomi-secretly-steal-your-data-for-chinese-govt-and-how-you-can-block-it.html
youtube.com/watch?v=E_ujghcfSUA
youtube.com/watch?v=txZ-rm_a4ls
youtu.be/zmkbdJLxx7w
youtu.be/63ysudto8wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>shit aspect ratio
>shit OS
>no keyboard
no thanks

>>shit OS

I own a xiaomi mi max. yes the build quality is utter shit. yes the screen is fragile. BUT one thing you cannot say; that the os is shit

its faster than any flasgship or iphoneX. youtube it

>BUT one thing you cannot say; that the os is shit
Except I just said it. And I'll say it again. Android's trash.

>>BUT one thing you cannot say; that the os is shit
>Except I just said it. And I'll say it again. Android's trash.

Attached: 1510533554296.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

no no on Xiaomi you get a custom kind of android

iOS is also trash.

I know.

Why do people care so much about phones having really good cameras? If you cared that much you would bring a real camera with you

>No keyboard
fuggin' wat?

Exactly what I typed. It doesn't have a keyboard

>shit OS
Given that it features a Snapdragon SoC, kernel source codes will be published soon and custom ROMs will be available. What I object to is the purpose of such devices when the Redmi Note 5 line exists.
>no keyboard
Have fun with all three overpriced phones with 4.5" screens that do.

>Given that it features a Snapdragon SoC
Hardware doesn't unshit software
>kernel source codes will be published soon and custom ROMs will be available.
I really don't care
>Have fun with all three overpriced phones with 4.5" screens that do.
The Passport may have a 4.5" screen but it's got the area of a 5.3" 16:9 screen. And overpriced? I bought it like two years ago new and unlocked for $150

>Why do people care so much about phones having really good cameras? If you cared that much you would bring a real camera with you
"The best camera is the one you have with you". Given how much smartphone cameras have improved in less than a decade, camera performance isn't a deal breaker for me either.

>5.9 inch
Stopped reading there

>Given that it features a Snapdragon SoC
>Hardware doesn't unshit software
Followed by:
>kernel source codes will be published soon and custom ROMs will be available.
>I really don't care
I don't know what to tell if you're going to cover your ears and repeat "I'm not listening, I'm not listening".
>And overpriced? I bought it like two years ago new and unlocked for $150
It's a 2014. device and underpowered by today's standards. I'm glad you've found a device that suits your use case and there's no reason for being defensive as I'm not trying to sell you anything. Blackberry Priv, Key One and Key Two are the overpriced ones.

>I don't know what to tell if you're going to cover your ears and repeat "I'm not listening, I'm not listening".
You don't need to, I haven't done that.
>It's a 2014. device and underpowered by today's standard
It's a cellphone, it's far from underpowered.
>I'm glad you've found a device that suits your use case and there's no reason for being defensive as I'm not trying to sell you anything. Blackberry Priv, Key One and Key Two are the overpriced ones.
Not even remotely. The extra money for the only non-shit modern phones is well worth it.

youtu.be/a96UJcmlv2M
Good points raised in this video.
What's even the point when a device like this doesn't differ much in pricing?

>Not even remotely. The extra money for the only non-shit modern phones is well worth it.
True for YOUR use case and it should be for anyone with similar demands. I don't think $400 more for a physical keyboard is reasonable. I'm not advocating for curved edge gimmicks, the lack of micro SD card slots and 3.5mm jacks - but you can see why a starting price of around $600 for current Blackberry devices doesn't make everyone rush to the store.

jesus CHRIST the gyno on this man

The 625 is a good looking SoC, I gotta say.

>720x1440 resolution

>The 625 is a good looking SoC
How about the one which offers the most battery life along with the 636?

can confirm
insanely power efficient and fast enough for everything

I want to get this but my current phone works fine. Must resist urge to be materialistic.

t. handlet

Why is Xiaomi releasing like 50 phones all with a sd625

Leftover chips most likely, as their newer phones come with SD636 or SD670

Are there any SoCs which offer as great of a battery life as the 625 and the 636 do?

Does it have SD card slot and removable battery?

t. poorfag

>3GB RAM
>also too large
>150 USD
There are 3GB RAM phones for 100, which seems to be this device's only selling point.

>SD card slot
most definitely
>removable battery
doubtful given Xiaomi's other offerings.

>shit OS
why going for the shitty MIUI when the MiA1 has 4GB/64GB, 16:9 screen, same other specs AND Android One (which i have and love) for 20$ more?
Having your software updated and tested every month is good, this is the first phone i don't feel the need to root

The problem is that miui is faster than stock android and has awesome features like ability to record ALL calls. Also self cleaning and cache cleaning

>this is the first phone i don't feel the need to root
blog.thijsbroenink.com/2016/09/xiaomis-analytics-app-reverse-engineered/
securityintelligence.com/remote-code-execution-in-xiaomi-miui-analytics/
f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002731.html
financetwitter.com/2014/07/here-is-how-xiaomi-secretly-steal-your-data-for-chinese-govt-and-how-you-can-block-it.html
You might want to reconsider that. Especially considering the fact that Xiaomi has some of the most developer friendly devices.

Your sources are talking about MIUI moron. The phone that guy is talking about doesn't come with that, it's a pure Android phone.

>record calls
don't need that and there are apps
>self cleaning
with 4GB/64GB i don't need that and if i do there are apps
>faster
i don't need it faster than that
>Chinese spying on me
don't care

this is the first phone i had since i started buying cheap smartphones that just werks as it's supposed to do, giving me literally 0 problems since i bought it
i halso had a Redmi 1S and a Moto G3, both were good phones but needed some serious customization. This Android One is just perfect

I'm happy with my 99£ Letv
>sd652
>easy and cheap to repair
That's all I need really

Does it support Verizon in the US? I've been meaning to buy a chinkphone but I have gotten told they have provider compatibility problems in America.

Attached: .jpg (250x243, 29K)

>Your sources are talking about MIUI moron. The phone that guy is talking about doesn't come with that, it's a pure Android phone.
Which guy? How isn't this about MIUI? There are four links. At least read some of it before replying.

>Chinese spying on me
>don't care
Leave this board and don't come back.

>>faster
>i don't need it faster than that

OP here. u seem a special brand of retard

also my next phone will be an iphone. NOW cope with that poorfag

I was only trying to help offer you an alternative, so you wouldn't be forced to buy the only Xiaomi Android One device as almost all of them have very good custom ROM support (which means LineageOS, AOSP based ROMs, etc).

The guy you answered to was talking about the A1, which is part of the Android One program. That means it comes with a clean Android ROM. So no MIUI or anything you are linking.

VERY GOOD

BUT
DOES IT HAVE A NOTCH?

There is an app to do that :^)

There are superior devices to the A1, with similar pricing which do have MIUI, but can be rooted and run AOSP based ROMs. He isn't forced to buy the only Xiaomi Android One device for stock Android experience.

sry
i use my phone for calls, emails, pictures, socials and other generic stuff, i really don't need it faster than that, with 4GB i never close apps and it stays fast
also i like android i don't feel like i'd be ok with iOS
yeah thank you, but i modded phones since the Nexus One days, i think i'm just growing up of this. I'm tired of going through XDA searching for the inexistent perfect bugless rom, i'm ok with google managing this stuff
again yeah, i've done it for years. Now i just want to pay for something that doesn't take days of experiments to work properly :)

Ofc android is shit since it's based on linux lol

>again yeah, i've done it for years
Not likely, since this is your next sentence:
>Now i just want to pay for something that doesn't take days of experiments to work properly :)
I mean, look how thoroughly braindead easy it all is:
youtube.com/watch?v=E_ujghcfSUA
youtube.com/watch?v=txZ-rm_a4ls

All this is pointless. Google has acheived software Master race on their pixel line. They acheived iPhone BTFO. If you feel the need to rom a pixel you are definitely on some end of a spectrum. Case closed.

Attached: 104201774205PM_635_google_pixel_2_xl.jpg (635x476, 27K)

Someone's bound to steal your data. Google does it on daily basis.

so why should i pay the same amount of money for a Redmi 5S which has the exact same hardware in order to unlock it and install google stock on it when the MiA1 exists? Also AOSP based ROMs are not like Android One, everyone has its own set of debatable useful crap and isn't always stable, every update may break everything. even Lineage when the Cyanogen project died was shit, i don't know how it's now, all i know is that i was on Cyanogenmod 13 on my MotoG and when they switched to Lineage i had to switch to AOSPextended for how much it sucked.
but then AOSPextended was unupdateable, everytime i got an OTA update i was sure some processes were going to stop after the first reboot.

It was fun and all but i have less and less time for this shit these days, the MiA1 just werks

I got the mi max 2 and I agree that MIUI is shit, but all the custom cobbled together pajeet shit roms also have stupid retarded bugs like
>Can't change the volume mid call

WTF is wrong with all these look at me rom, yes me programmah, look at mah branding.
Fucking POS.

Finally got MIUI 9.5.5.0 Global this month and it still isn't perfect but at least the notifications actually get through now.

>Google has acheived software Master race
>They acheived iPhone BTFO
Are you 11?
>If you feel the need to rom a pixel you are definitely on some end of a spectrum. Case closed.
Who mentioned Google Pixel devices in the entire thread except you?

This is the phone you should spend the same amount of money on.
>It was fun and all but i have less and less time for this shit these days, the MiA1 just werks
The whole process of unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom ROM is done in under an hour.

>Who mentioned Google Pixel devices in this entire thread except you?
Thanks for proving my point retard

What point? Your nuanced observations were "they BTFOD every other phone", "software master race" and you mentioned Pixels. I can see how this ties into the topic of this thread.

Good luck getting it to fully use the bands in the US

What the fuck are you talking about. I've had xiaomi phones for years now and Miui is objectively worse than even the OS on samsung. Can't wait for a Lineage release on redmi note 5
Its super restrictive
the themes suck dick (forced to install a navigation bar overlay since it isn't customizable in any way)
Lower max volume than alternatives
Tons of unremovable MIUI bloatware

Oh yeah, forgot to add, all of the help resources like forums are dominated by filthy street shitters. God help you if you run into some obscure problem

dude this video is gross. first 5 seconds and some onions is bouncing is man tits directly into the camera. i was going to watch but his lack of self awareness is wild

I have a similar device for even cheaper.
>$100
>3GB of RAM
>1440x720 screen
>Dual rear camera
>Headphone
>SD card
>Stock Android 8.1
>Can play 720p60 YouTube video
>Devs have ROM for download on site
Probably one of the better phone purchases I've made. No malware either, though there was a suspicious app that I disabled with no issues.

Attached: l2.jpg (750x1000, 296K)

but can it play hevc 10bit 1080p hmmm?

Wow, a literal honor 7x knockoff

>Processor over two years old, and slower than the fucking ancient RMN3
>Literally 0% chance of ever getting a future android version update
>Inbuilt chink spyware

No thanks

Does it have wireless charging

>has ads in the file manager

>The whole process of unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom ROM is done in under an hour.

The whole process of working around Netflix not working on unlocked devices, your banking apps refusing to run on a custom ROM, OTA updates failing virtually every time... All takes up time that I am not willing to waste just for the sake of being a neckbeard

Attached: 420RootIt.png (468x523, 100K)

>and slower than the fucking ancient RMN3
Source? The only task Snapdragon 625 isn't capable of is PS2 emulation, and the development of those emulators is in early stages of development. Given that the 625 and the 636 are unparalleled in terms of battery life, I don't see the reason to complain.
>Literally 0% chance of ever getting a future android version update
>Inbuilt chink spyware
Custom ROMs exist.

>The whole process of working around Netflix not working on unlocked devices
youtu.be/zmkbdJLxx7w
There.
>your banking apps refusing to run on a custom ROM
Of all platforms, you are doing such sensitive tasks on your smartphone? There could very well be a workaround, but leaving such information here isn't exactly ideal.
>OTA updates failing virtually every time
How hard it is to find a .zip file a swipe right to flash it?
I can't force you to do any of this though, nor am I trying.

>OTA updates failing virtually every time...
I updated my LOS on galaxy s5 a few days ago just fine.

What is the ideal aspect ratio for a phone and why?

>paying more than $50 for a phone

>3000mAh battery instead of 4000mAh battery
>upgrade
Sorry, but this is the most important thing to me. Not some cameras or gaymz performance

He said you can't say it he didn't say you didn't say you fucking autist.

>yes the build quality is good. yes the screen is decent. BUT one thing you can say; that the os is the shittiest thing ever made
Fixed

What Jow Forums didnt tell me is that when a xiaomi falls it ALWAYS ends in 4 different pieces in the floor and that xiaomi glass touchscreen is 1\3 the thickness of apple; so it shatters easily

>dropping your phone from more than 3 meters height
>astonished that a 150€ phone build quality is worse than a 1000€ one
Wtf don't you tell me.

My xiaomi mimax touchscreen broke at 1 foot drop

My iphone 4 didnt break even when it drooped 1 storey

One personal example isn't relevant for global statistics. There are people who dropped an iPhone for the first time and it broke too.
Just look at people who bought an iPhone X.

>astonished that a 150€ phone build quality is worse than a 1000€ one
Take a look at this:
youtu.be/63ysudto8wc
Look what it took to break a ~$150 Moto G.

And only a nuke can destroy a 20€ old Nokia phone. That means shit.
Xiaomi build quality isn't great but isn't bad either. It's decent and on par with other brands in the same price range.

>Xiaomi build quality isn't great but isn't bad either. It's decent and on par with other brands in the same price range.
I'd agree with that. If anything, his channel alone proves Apple isn't synonymous to good hardware/durability and hasn't been for a long time.

You'd rather have American spyware?

I'm partial to 1:1. Great for browsing, gives the phone a decent shape when paired with a keyboard, never have to rotate my phone due to contents' aspect ratios

>He said you can't say it he didn't say you didn't say you fucking autist.
No shit, I was disagreeing with him saying that I can't say it, you dumbass.

Nobody will buy it

>faster than iPhone X
>Java

what kind of moron brings 2 devices when one can do the job
I bet you still wear a watch, carry a torch everywhere you go, a kindle to read books, and a pack of tampons in your little sissy manfaggot bag

>Android's trash.
nou

You mean launcher? MIUI is fine.

Custom ROMs exist.