Is C# a good first language?

Is C# a good first language?

Attached: 1522949558984.jpg (498x296, 21K)

Are you one of those guys who spends months thinking about which language, editor, OS, compiler, etc is the best, instead of just choosing whichever and diving in?

fpbp
/thread

Sure, if you want to be forever mediocre. Otherwise, start with raw binary like a real hacker.

Kotlin is better unless you want to be a gamedev faggot

Consider: Java, Python, C++, JavaScript, Scheme or Visual Basic.

Then choose whether you want to use a distro based on deb or rpm, or if you'd rather use Windows (explore as many toolkits as you can).

Before doing anything I would try and learn VIM and Emacs, and see which ones of those you prefer too (both are available on Windows too).

Give it a few months before deciding on anything. There's a lot to consider, because all of this really matters a lot.

>Learning any language other than COBOL

Sure

any language is good honestly. you'll likely need to learn more later on regardless.

Do FizzBuzz for us, OP. Show us what you're made of.

fuck off

Any turing complete language is a good first language. I think if you want to be a good programmer, you should learn a lot of different languages (low-level, high-level, scripting, functional, logical, etc). Don't listen to cucks saying X is the best language because Y.

Learn lisp for your first language like a real autist

Isn't C# a Microsoft ripoff of Java based on their "adopt, extend, extinguish" moto?

Attached: Steve-Ballmer-phone-630x400.png (630x400, 324K)

Im like this.. shit you're right! it's like spinning in a circle, im thinking about java

That was J#

heres how it should go

Some functional programming -> C -> C++ and OOPS -> Python and Java

This but non-ironically

You can practically copy/paste J# into C# and it will run with minor changes. C# is also a ripoff, it's the "extend" part of "AEE".

No. Assembly is a good first language.

Oldfag here. I started with assembly. Back in those days, you needed to first understand CPUs before you could touch anything remotely high level. I think that served me well.

It's not that hard and there are plenty of great tutorials out there.

NOOOO, It's way too verborragic and there's no functional programming like structures in C#, the best you'll get is LINQ, and is a fucking atrocity.

C# v7 is god tier. That means higher than C.

> $$$
here's your paycheck Mr. user

t. Steve Ballmer

BASED oldfag.

Attached: 1529087090962.jpg (600x450, 27K)

I am learning git and markdown (for documentation) before learning how to program, lol

I don't regret learning C# 5 years ago and would learn it again today
It does have some dumb limitations (that C++ has as well) and SIMD isn't really supported so you need to write high-performance algorithms in C++
But otherwise I can't really complain

C# is great.
But what use does it have outside of Microsoft shit?

why user. just learn javascript or python to understand how variables, loops, libraries etc. work then you can get into the cooler stuff like c++, c, go etc. you will learn git and things like markdown along the way.

no it has too many nice features that will make other languages seem backward when you inevitably get a different job

>Learning COBOL while C exists

Attached: image_2018-06-23_14-35.png (1080x1884, 146K)

>learning a language for the sake of only learning the language and not its applications

Attached: brainlet group.jpg (1066x600, 77K)