/spg/ - Smartphone General

Motorized Autism edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Oppo-Find-X-price-and-release-date-revealed.jpg (680x453, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cV5TjZCJkuA
petapixel.com/2017/10/07/google-built-pixel-2s-best-ever-camera/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am going to buy the p20 pro.. Don't know if I will regret it

If you are familiar with Huawei phones - you know what you are up to. No regrets with having my Honor 10. So decent choice, user.

have fun with a locked bootloader

there is clearnce sale on huawei p10 lite. missed it when it was 190 dollars in one store.store clerk recommended there huawei p smart which has aluminium body. are there any other phones with aluminium body and similar width in a price range of p1 smart?

I'm looking for a new phone in the $535 budget. Since I'm on Verizon my options are limited, additionally my current phone is a Droid Turbo.

>5.5" 1080p OLED panel that can get bright enough to be clearly seen in outdoor lighting conditions, though I can settle for an LCD panel if that means I get some of the features below
>Stock or near-stock Android, at least 8.1 and upgradeable to newer versions
>SoC that doesn't sacrifice speed for power efficiency, the SD 805 fucking guzzles battery
>Decent camera/camera software
>USB-C

I don't care about no headphone jack or the notch meme, glass-back or curved screen edges is a no-go though.

Moto Z3 Play/Z2 Play
Axon 7

Pixel 2 would be perfect if they kept the 3.5mm port

Is there any smartphone that comes with a dildo?

Make sure you wash your hands; it's a fingerprint magnet

>only 4 gb of ram
Pass

Any recommendations for bluetooth speakers and headphones?
I only have plain normal 3.5 jack accessories that obviously won't work anymore with my Pixel 2 XL.

>buying a phone without headphone jack
lmao@urlife
everything under $50 will sound the same and you should be fine with everything that doesn't advertise bass

What is the least niggerlicious smartphone on the market? I can only see iphone 8 and nokia 8

Attached: 6C4DF62D-CAC9-4D13-8280-443AA8232EA2.jpg (375x500, 51K)

why the hell do you plebs need more? What the fuck do you wanna mine fucking cryptocurrencies on your device?

I was looking for speakers around 100$ maybe.
They don't have to be audiophile tier, just okay

Is it true that android phones have much better sound quality than iphones?

anyone know whats wrong with my samsung relay? I left it inn my backpack with something heavy and it will not charge.

It depends on the phone, it could sound like its being farted out of a microphone or it could sound heavenly depending on which phone you got.

Attached: 1529760412250.jpg (960x744, 44K)

Anyone know of a slim battery case for s9? Exynos is fucking my shit up

I must add that if I remove the battery it will charge for about 30 seconds before it stops charging.

Attached: 003.jpg (2448x3264, 3.63M)

Opinions on the Mi 8 SE? I just want an S9 without the abysmal battery life

just got a J7 prime, any thoughts? needed something cheap but not entirely garbage and it seemed like an okay choice

Seems good, wish they released a NA LTE friendly one and not just the Mi 8

Why did you get that one though? You'll never upgrade past the Android version you're currently in and those come with locked bootloader's with no option to unlock so no Dev support

Pixel 2 XL, it's currently $400 off if you buy it through Best Buy

Return it and get something better

i don't really use my phone for much besides texting/calling social media so i figured it was good? super new what is a bootloader?
any suggestions? was considering an s8 but didn't want to break the bank

Budget? Carrier?

Not him, but budget?

>Budget: $300
>Carrier: StraightTalk

hey guys, I'm looking for an android phone that I can boot with Lineage, and that doesn't have a shit camera or battery. Headphone jack would be nice, but not required.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, and i'm just tired of this piece of shit.

LeEco Le Max 2/ Le Pro 3
Moto X4
Moto G5+
Nokia 6.1 2018
Refurb Axon 7

LeEco Le Pro 3.

i'm on tmobile, willing to spend like, let's say 400.

What's with this company's fixation on Le? Sounds like those retarded 2011 memes.

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

There are several superior phones with this budget, perhaps also consider 2017 flagships?

chinks can't into branding

Best case for the pixel 2?
Tired of this clunky lifeproof case but I don't want my phone to shatter the second I drop it

How do you like the phone?, I'm sorry I don't have a recommendation.

bretty nice phone if you don't mind being assraped by google. 10/10 integration with jewgle services if you're into that, and getting android p over 6 months before everyone else gets it is nice too
just an average smartphone specs wise, besides the killer camera
the lack of a headphone jack is barely a problem now, after getting a $25 pair of Bluetooth headphones off of amazon

who /s9/ here

>besides the killer camera
The camera is actually very, very, mediocre. It's entirely google's software tricks that make the pictures look amazing.
Hardware wise the Pixel 2 is basically an average 300$ phone and not at all a flagship of the year 2018, it's all the software you are paying for when you get one.

I'm , completely forgot to mention the crazy amount of post processing google does
so if you're looking to boot a custom rom, the pixel 2 isn't for you

replying to

>Hardware size the Pixel 2 is basically an average $300 phone
Give me a $300 phone with
>SD835 or equivalent
>Amoled display
>IP67 water resistance
>OIS

>not at all a flagship of the year 2018
Well it did come out in 2017

SD 845 S9+ master race

Just got my brand new S9+ earlier today.
Feels good.

Wondering what kind of case to buy though, maybe I'll just grab one of those microfiber phone socks to store and transport it in and go without protection otherwise

LG Q Stylus when?

Attached: lg-q-2.jpg (700x621, 69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cV5TjZCJkuA

10 mio views. fucking hell.. so much hyping for the mediocre phone

stylus looks like shit. note series did it best with an oblong shape, much more ergonomic.

is the lg g6 still worth it
>inb4 muh bootloop

Just get a G6, same damn specs slightly smaller screen and you won't look like a fag with a stylus

Galaxy S7. A solid phone that has served me well for the past 2 years. Water resistant remained consistent and never had an issue until recently, my screen cracked and then delaminated from the digitizer. I replaced that and it was pretty easy. Catch is, I accidentally broke my back button cord (ribbon cable torn in half), and lost the dust cover for the ear speaker. Also the screen and back cover don't sit tight inside the phone, so I have to keep the phone in a case to keep it together. LED notification light also doesn't work.

Was wondering if anyone knew... Will the galaxy S7 edge parts fit/work with the generic S7? There's a busted s7 edge on Facebook that's being given away. I plan on keeping this phone working until it fries and doesn't power on.

I've been looking for a new custom rom for my Redmi Note 4 because I didn't like that they removed features in the oreo release of Lineage that I deemed essential. Shit like vibration strength, performance profiles (yet to come probably) and most importantly: rotation settings. See, it used to be that you hold your phone sideways, press the lock button and it will stay in that position no matter what. The same held true for portrait mode. Now though, if you turn auto-rotate off the phone will ONLY stay in 0 degrees portrait. And if you turn it on it allows you to change orientation, but you CAN NOT lock any other orientation by pressing the button again. It will just reset to 0 degrees portrait. One way to bypass this is to go into your settings, all the way to the expanded menu, and only select the checkbox for the orientation you want in auto-rotation mode. But this is fucking stupid and time consuming, to the point I'm just in denial that they downgraded such a simple and perfect feature. Am I missing something? Is this exclusive to Lineage 15.1? Nig/g/ers can I get some answers on this?

Any avenue for an exynos s9+ that isn't eBay or some 2 star amazon seller?

Just buy it from any legit retailer in the EU or Asia. You might have to pay some customs if you get unlucky but at least you'll get your phone and won't just find two pieces of cardboard duct-taped together when you open the box.

amazon?

S9+ (Exynos) or Pixel 2 XL given the same price?

s9+

Unless you absolutely love Google go with the S9+.
It has significantly better hardware and because of Treble and Exynos has amazing support for ROMs as well. Right now there's still a lot of work to be done on that end but the potential is more than just there.

>The camera is actually very, very, mediocre. It's entirely google's software tricks that make the pictures look amazing.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Are you implying that software is less important than hardware?

Yes if you can get it cheap. No bootloop issues whatsoever

Surprisin. I thought TouchWiz is cancer? How better is the hardware?

I'm not.
The guy was specifically talking about hardware is the thing. The camera is acceptable, otherwise all the polishing in the world wouldn't make the pictures look good, but it's really nothing special.
If you want an actually good phone cam you should look at the P20 Pro, that's almost definitely the highest quality one you can get right now.

It isn't even true, the camera hardware is top notch.
petapixel.com/2017/10/07/google-built-pixel-2s-best-ever-camera/

implying you would keep touchwiz

TouchWiz hasn't existed for a long time now.
They removed almost all of the bloat, fixed it up, and rebranded it as Samsung Experience.
It's not stock android, so if you are looking for that you won't be too happy, but it's a pretty solid operating system with a metric fuckload of cool features you won't find anywhere else.

>le touchwiz meme
samsung experience is pretty decent, there is no reason at all to replace it as every feature breaks, may as well get a dumbphone if you put lineage on a new samsung

It's the same shit with a different name

>They removed almost all the bloat
You're lying through your teeth, samshill

Not at all, but okay.
Even if you ended up seriously hating SE you could easily get rid off it with Project Treble being a thing now.

>What's with this company's fixation on Le?
乐 means happy/fun

I've committed to the Xperia XZ2 Premium.
It's the first Sony phone with a dual camera. What are the odds they don't fuck that up? XZ2 has a good camera, right?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-18-05-51-53.jpg (1017x1161, 295K)

not that guy, but I bought P20 last month, I can't change the locker covers. the standard locker it comes with downloads some images and loops them around, you're meant to select from categories that interest you, but it makes no difference whatsoever. do you know of a fix?

I have a XZ2C and the camera isn't bad. I'd say it's a slight step down from the leaders like the S9 and Pixel 2 and such

Is there a list of xaiomi miui9 pre installed apps that're safe to remove? Using an international version of the redmi note 5.

Is there any difference from the note 8?

Bug question: is there any chance third party ROMs will have the Samsung desktop meme baked in? Because that would be cool as fuck.

>g5+ is STILL on Nougat

Attached: 1519132079018.jpg (480x602, 77K)

Nuh uh.

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180623-184159.png (1080x1920, 161K)

I tried to install that but there are so many steps and all tutorials I tried had flaws or broken links and gave up after like 5 hours

Attached: 4FFBC179-42B2-4702-A737-F0D114965149.jpg (640x640, 30K)

Bought a moto E4 plus recently after my old phone gave up.

If you're looking for a workhorse phone with basic features and a godly battery life. Look no further. No complaints at the moment I've only had it a couple weeks though.

It takes two minutes.
>unlock bootloader through moto site, requires ADB
>flash twrp according to g5+ specific guide on twrp official site, requires ADB and three commands
>download ROM of choice (potter designation), place on external SD card
>boot to twrp, select wipe, select ROM to flash
>swipe and wait

If you can't figure that out then your mother probably allowed you to suck on exposed electrical cords as a child.

My e2 has worked well enough but it would be nice to have an upgrade

I need the stylus for simple note taking. Aftermarket stylus for regular touchscreen is shittier and Galaxy Note is too expensive.

no. its for the future proofing.

Just ordered a note 8. What am I in for

Does anyone else hate this no-bezel trend?

Without a decent sized bezels it becomes unwieldy, really tricky to hold comfortably and use one-handed - especially since they're becoming so big at the same time. Accidental touches from the sides become all too easy and the lack of a good sized bottom bezel (like Sony used to have) makes the nav keys, especially the one in the opposite corner from the hand you're holding it in, awkward to reach. All in all it forces the user into an unnatural, tenuous grip, making drops more likely. This droppability is further increased by the phones becoming ever thinner, with slight, sharp, slippery edges. Combine this with all phones being fragile glass sandwiches these days instead of durable plastic, and it smells of conspiracy desu. Trying to make it so that drops and thus smashes are more common, so you have to buy a new phone more frequently. This problem is made even worse by phones becoming more expensive every year. The price of flagships rises $50-100 every year.

Attached: 1527531539129.jpg (1080x1080, 114K)

bezel is ugly.

Attached: IMG-20180611-WA0000.jpg (741x1080, 95K)

exactly. decebt is it's expensive. what, you can't take note with your finger you fucking retard?

best custom rom on redmi note 5 global sd636?

I'm moving to GSM network next month. Trying to decide between galaxy J1 or moto e 2nd gen. Any suggestions? I need 4.5 inch screen and android 5 or higher for about $50.

I use an e2 LTE. If you only have $50 then I suppose it works but it's old now and I am sure you could find something better.

I agree bezels are useful, it's one of the reasons I like Sony. I'm glad they haven't abandoned them.

But the idea that the popular design trends of glass backs and curved edges are designed to increase dropability to force more phone purchases makes you sound crazy.

Attached: DSC_7026.jpg (3840x2160, 2.25M)

I wanted to get a Xiaomi Redmi 5, but it looks like it's not compatible with my carrier in the US. Are there any similar phones with similar price ranges that are compatible with Cricket?

These phones are ugly as fuck.

What's ugly about them? I'm upgrading soon.
I've had the Z5 Premium for the past two years, and I've actually gotten several compliments on it.
I get that people hate the big bezels, but it gives it some character. I don't mind them at all.

Attached: images (3).jpg (160x212, 5K)

If you like the design go for it. My comment was really shitty I am sorry for that.
One of my good friends has the grey one and that phone always irked/annoyed me because it looked like a phone from the year 2010 (thanks to the bezel I guess). However she is content with the phone.

No worries, we good bro.
I certainly am happier with bezels than curved-edge screens that actually make holding the phone harder while adding nothing.

I'm waiting for the next big screen tech innovation that actually matters. The Xperia Premium phones are 4k, but that isn't even really noticeable (and I guess it isn't innovative at this point, the Z5 Premium is 3 years old).

i dont like the fact that the phones logo is on the front

>paying more than 150$ for a phone

Attached: 1499802634284.jpg (439x290, 23K)