The freetard logic

>fuck proprietary shit software, wangblows and etc
>oh look, wine
>now i can use proprietary software, microsoft software and muh gaymu on my loonix machine

Attached: 1529461519421.png (798x490, 95K)

this is sooooo true

>FOSS torrent client for downloading copyrighted stuff
>FOSS manga reader for scans of chinese comicbooks
>FOSS movie player for sweet dvdrips
>FOSS music player for torrented flacs

Copyright aren't real lmao, that's just some jewish mind trick to let you think that they own you.

Even if you're not a "freetard" GNU/Linux is objectively better than Windows for many purposes

>I really like this record. too bad I don't own a record player any more and I can not find a digital version of it anywhere. I guess I'll throw it away and move on instead of finding away to save it.

I'm pretty sure the "freetards" you are thinking of are not the ones working on wine.

Attached: vinyl.jpg (1200x1200, 134K)

I use linux because I wanted choice in what I did with my computer, willingly installing proprietary software doesn't impede on that.

Stop connecting Linux with Freedom.

What? And should I connect linux to prison? "Muhh freedom" is not the phrase you guys love to spread through the four corners of the
universe?

>muhh botnet
>muuhh proprietary software
>muhh macos, windows, bsd cuck license
>install loonix for freedoms!!111

You two are exceptions.

>developers shouldn't get paid for the hard work they invest into building software

Attached: 1476812096289.jpg (706x720, 192K)

Except a true freetard follows Richard, "Marx," Stallman's philosophy and will refuse to run any proprietary software, even under Wine.

The ignoramus logic
>oh look, he uses Linux
>he's a freetard

Strawman. Not all Linux people think that

THIS THIS THIS

>oh look, he uses Linux
>he's a freetard

This is 99,9%% of this board. A bunch of freetards.

I'm not a FOSS purist. A proprietary game, for example, doesn't really intrude on my rights. However, stuff like nonfree OS or a nonfree browser is pretty damn creepy, and I don't want that.

I honestly think they're an outspoken minority

Only bad programmers (i.e. 'community manager developers') and project managers think programmers shouldn't profit off their efforts.

freetards =/= all linux users

You're retarded OP.
A "freetard' by definition means they would be a GNU and foss advocate that doesn't use steam services or closed binary games..

They would be playing wesnoth, saurbraten, and tuxkart not WINE.

You're too much of a brainlet to understand subtlety.

if you use a permissive licensed software/games or "freeware/abandonware/proprietary you are not a "freetard"

Learn your bants fucktard

>Except a true freetard
Good thing most people aren't true freetards.

Oh look, OP posted a picture of himself.

lmao another angry wincuck mad because we get to have an uncucked OS that runs literally everything

Jokes on you. The only thing I use Wine for is to run open-source software, which I can't be arsed to compile myself and only offers Windows builds.

>can't differentiate between linux users and freetards
Nice one, retard.

Attached: 1527710488021.png (248x236, 27K)

enjoy your no games lmao

You get to play games on a proper OS. Seems good.

Nice damage control i see here.

Attached: 1529289125511.jpg (1024x900, 371K)

Nice counter argument, buddy.

I don't play games because I'm not 12 years old.

Attached: 1493921947718.png (435x269, 5K)

This.
The freedom things is a bonus, but I started using Linux because I realised that it was much more convenient for messing around with things like machine learning and servers.
Even ssh-ing is more tedious and limited on Windows.

Linux has an "everything is possible" feeling (when it comes to software).
There are packages, libraries, ... of all sorts.

Attached: ndNgicuTsD3sjsPeTqIJfqH4r4UpRl5upd_dWNT7_JA_0.png (2048x833, 777K)

Another shill thread which is leaking metadata. Obviously MS is pissed that Wine works so well, that most people can stop using their shitty OS and run their legacy applications on a real OS like Linux or BSD.

Stay salty, CapSoc.

Linux is a proprietary kernel. Linux is part of the open source community, which doesn't give a shit about freedom like the free software community does.

Those are the same people running SystemD and proprietary drivers. Ignore them.

Many of us really do take a hard stance on these things.

GPL isn't free. Linux isn't free.

How did you even solve the captcha with these problems?

Just get it already

>flacs

freetards everyone

He bought a pass

>linux is a proprietary kernel
Not a Windows user would say such nonsense.

i use linux becuase i like what it does and how it does it. that doesn't mean i absolutely won't use programs that run on windows. So yes, if i can use WINE to run a program that normally is windows only, i'll do so. i don't see how these are incompatible viewpoints.

>i don't see how these are incompatible viewpoints.
They aren't, but the bait doesn't work unless he can convince everyone up front that ALL Linux users are freetards.

I dont use wine because I think it is gay

you do realize big software companies just buy up patents and startups.