Why does everyone hate it so much

why does everyone hate it so much

Attached: 1943ECC1-5898-44FD-BD81-1F23CFF7CE5B.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/google/allocation-instrumenter
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do we even need to explain why?

over-designed and too verbose

People are mad that it's so popular despite having many warts

The only thing it's meant to do well (OOP) it does poorly. Can't even do proper compiletime polymorphism with this shit.

that's what jit is for

it's too complicated for them

Because you can get a job with it and Jow Forums doesn’t like that

Me pajeet. Me no understand. C is hard.

>C faggot saying Java is easy

lol

>apples are better than bananas

Shut up nigger. Everybody knows the closest a pajeet ever gets to C is using an Arduino's API to pretend he knows how to do something. Don't care if Java is useful, it has been relegated to the hands of individuals whose work amounts to internet bloatware.

It's the language of Pajeets.

>internet bloatware
for example?

They are jealous. They spent time learning Haskell only to find that most employers are looking for Java developers.

Not here to entertain your lack of knowledge. You can see it whenever you want on this magical place called the internet. The information is widely available should you want to search for it and not take it in bad faith.

Nice try you weebfagging nigger. Obviously you can't name any bloatware because Java is pretty much never being used on desktops. Java is still #1 when it comes to backends.

faggot talking about internet bloatware when he's probably using the latest meme javascript framework and python

good one

oh and good luck with your C# (C name ripoff) that isn't platform independent (like Java)

why does everyone love it so much

Attached: 1_Hh9ybab0V4Ma7SQ2Kvy53w[1].png (1600x356, 72K)

They teach java to little kids. Pajeet go clean your shit stains up

you're trying to make this about H1B, but Java is objectively more difficult to learn/write than C

kys

Because they never had a job

That's why there's a billion Pajeets willing to write Java for 10 rupees per year while I'm earning 60k right out of college working with C.

Lol. Only 60k. Java masters make 120k in the Midwest.

"I like to regurgitate memes I hear on Jow Forums and can't backup my claims"

Only after 30 years of experience. And they are vulnerable to getting replaced by Pajeet at any moment.

Wow yeah man that C sure is a tough language, I mean you have what, like 10 primitive data types? Must be real tough.

H1B visa holders don't write anything serious. Companies use them to write disposable shit that gets replaced frequently so they don't want to pay good money for it (think about whatever meme design is being shilled now). Real Java masters keep their jobs. I guess you're not skilled enough to know this.

Speaking to people willing to listen is one thing, but speaking to a pajeet hivemind who is going to take everything you say in bad faith is another. Take for example this user . Do you really believe telling him anything would have made any difference? Do you believe this question wasn't asked as an introduction to his furious fedora tipping keyboard typing? That is why it's better to tell people that if they are willing to listen, there is stuff out there to expand their vision. It's like going back to the cave and being gutted for telling people what it feels like to be outside. It's better if you make people willing to go outside. That is why I said he could look for it should he want to. He is neither willing, nor deserving of learning anything besides what he knows already and defines as "the truth", however misguided that is.

Instead of writing this big piece of cop out, you could written some examples. You just assumed all of that because it is easier to just make claims instead of proving it.

What you say I said x what I said. I have no interest in this thread anymore.

Because Java was not made for free spirited programmers, but drones.

Continue regurgitating memes you see on Jow Forums without proof. Typical Jow Forums member nowadays

I dont. you can do some serious awesome shit with reflection and bytecode manipulation

Attached: 1310247126990s.jpg (126x126, 3K)

ja, same. i got into it’s instrumentation api and it’s got some neat stuff. javassist makes it 10x easier too.

because it's not some obscure strictly functional autist language with 0 application

Attached: brainlet.png (207x243, 6K)

>but Java is objectively more difficult to learn/write than C

Learn, yes. Write, no. Swing/AWT in particular will catch exceptions and just spew the stack trace and let outright buggy code fail silently.

like what? i'm curious, i haven't used java since before java 8 was about to come out

> memed into common use by corporate marketing
> designed for and used by stupid programmers that can't handle power
> forces you to use OOP for everything
> reaction against C culture of cryptic names, but goes too far
> JVM is a RAM sucking monster

>> JVM is a RAM sucking monster

The original idea was that someone would some day make a magic JIT and GC that would provide equal or better performance and memory usage than native languages. That never happened.

Haven't touched a line of it since 2.0 back in my college days. Back then, it was janky shit with clunky IDEs, a robust yet clumsy library. Having to write copy and assignment ctors was clunky as shit. Memory management always felt awkward compared to C++. That was ten years ago. Hope modern Java is sweet with all the Oracle money behind it.

Attached: 1527310143517.jpg (480x480, 20K)

If you want to get low to medium performance shit get done fast it's perfect.

let's say you want to write a library that needs some serious interaction with the code that utilises said library.
you have 2 options: you force the user to extends all kind of base classes, implement shitty interfaces, etc etc. you know:
>register your shit with this static method
>use this factory bullshit for getting new instance blablabla
better (but slower way) is that you use annotations, gather all the information you need with reflection and if needed inject your own byte code

for example if you want to keep track for all created instances you can use something like this
github.com/google/allocation-instrumenter

other use cases are improving on existing programs. mine craft modding for example relies on this (event handling in minecraft forge as example)

compile one run everywhere oh wait it doesn't work

Attached: javafags.jpg (266x189, 18K)

Because it has a lot of cool modern features without too much strange experimental stuff (like scala) and it integrates well with all the Java libs and frameworks that people love. This is the update that Java deserved.

that's really cool, i didn't know you could do that sort of manipulation with java

because it makes you employable

Attached: d39.png (1170x1169, 338K)

I make 350k writing java, stay mad cucks

Usd? Or Rupees?

of course usd

Attached: larp.jpg (450x488, 71K)

>everyone
It's a vocal minority of people who have never done any serious software development and hate that their pet language (Haskell, C, CL, etc) isn't what Java is namely: cross-platform, easy to work with and document, and scalable to both small and large teams.

There is the argument that it's a panjeet language, but realistically any language that truly is revolutionary as Java was would turn into a panjeet language too. India is all about IT and they would jump onto any bandwagon that they can to keep dominant and relevant.

>C is hard
C is something that has been in a time capsule for the last 20 years. C was abandoned in real terms in the 90s and if it wasn't for boomers who refuse to retire teaching it because it's the only language they know and tiling WMs, it would have been retired in the 90s.

This is fair criticism. JVM dialects like Clojure and Scala have removed a lot of the boilerplate and dependency on IDEs. The success of Scala has forced the core Java team to rethink the language and respond to community criticism.

Because Java is used for actual work and this board is filled with NEETs that think they are going to make a living from investing in alt coin ICOs.

Java has tons of warts. They have re-invented the GUI framework like 4 times and still managed to nail "sucks" with each one. Multiple times perfectly good libraries and frameworks have been poorly copied, implemented in an incompatible way and then ignored by developers. NIH seems to be a major design goal that has been faithfully adopted by Oracle.

The main thing Java has going for it is the multi-platform JRE. That alone puts its ahead of almost every language.

Cause it's the best. It runs everywhere.