Why haven't you bought an external enclosure that supports image mounting?

Why haven't you bought an external enclosure that supports image mounting?

Attached: IMG_20180623_223550.jpg (2976x3968, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/iodd-iodd2531-compatible-ve300-compatible-zm-ve300-usb3-0-hdd-ssd-Virtual-Cd-rom-Enclosures/32743029869.html
easy2boot.com/make-an-easy2boot-usb-drive/make-and-e2b-usb-drive-using-rmprepusb/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I did
It broke after a year.

VE350? Koreans failing at making a knock-off of a chink product. Get the real iodd on ali.

Wait, wut? What do you mean by "supports image-mounting"? I connect my external hdd to my computer, and I mount whatever images are stored on it via my OS? What is so special about whatever that is in OP?

It appears as an optical drive to the computer. You can use the thing to mount ISOs to this virtual optical drive and they appear as a regular USB optical drive to the system.

bitch I have DriveDroid for this

no
dd works

what use could you possibly have for this

whats the point tho?

>its another "op tries to sell autists things they don't need" episode

Attached: 1513494837825.jpg (425x437, 24K)

It makes it very easy to boot OS installers, live Linux systems, other live troubleshooting tools and such. It's a luxury thing, not something necessary.

i actually want something like that
what is it called and where do i buy it?

the second post in the thread listed two such products

what thread?

Because I don't need one, and I'm sure you don't too.

this one

nice 10 year old mp3 player playing Windows.iso.mp3 bruh

Attached: serveimage.png (1016x373, 230K)

aliexpress.com/item/iodd-iodd2531-compatible-ve300-compatible-zm-ve300-usb3-0-hdd-ssd-Virtual-Cd-rom-Enclosures/32743029869.html

This is what I use instead but it's kinda janky and tough to get set up the first time. Works using some old grub1/grub4dos chainloading-a-fake-cdrom-device partition nonsense iirc.

easy2boot.com/make-an-easy2boot-usb-drive/make-and-e2b-usb-drive-using-rmprepusb/

Because purchasing a bunch of 8 GB chink pendrives is cheaper.

DriveDroid...

You have no idea how much more valuable you have made my phone to me.

Attached: 1520089932259.png (494x676, 230K)

Nice. I remember my old lg smartphone had stock option to be mounted as drive with PC drivers and utilities. With root I could swap original iso file stored in memory with a custom one.

this
bruh ive been looking for this forever.

>7 hours ago...
this board sometimes...

>Zalman drive
Sucks to get it working but damn does it work great, all I use anymore

Because it is useless. If you're running around and installing systems on other people's computers you should reconsider your career choices.

I find it easier to just grab a few 8gb~16gb drives that people often ditch for larger ones and just clean up and use those.