"I do not post on Jow Forums. I have nothing against it in principle...

"I do not post on Jow Forums. I have nothing against it in principle, but I am told a lot of the posts nowadays are right-wing bigotry which I condemn totally."

Why would anyone idolize this bloated Jew? He hates you. He hates everything you stand for.

Attached: 1518282078036.png (1416x1248, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?path=/stallman-computing.html&term=Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only women and feminine males find it difficult to separate the man from his accomplishments.

I don't let someone's personal politics sour my opinions of them unless this is literally the only thing they're known for.

Well, he's just as big of a meme as his O.S.

While he does have a couple of good ideas, i can't idolize someone who is so badly kept.

Imagine being so poor, that you have to eat fungus growing on your foot

He's not poor, he's just your run of the mill mentally ill jew.

stallman restaurant of choice

Attached: rape.jpg (800x450, 39K)

I don't. Linux. He has some valid points but he's annoying as fuck, just like the horde of cultish cocksuckers he seems to attract. Linux. Jow Forumsnumales almost make me want to switch to Windows.

Linux.

Attached: LinuxOS.png (705x389, 77K)

>his accomplishments
>a c compiler

Can't say he isn't cultured

Agreed. I really enjoy using Linux, but the freetards are fucking annoying.

sort of a normal here but what are stallman's accomplishments? all he really seems known for is his autismfits about the naming conventions of linux

Attached: billy reaction.png (1414x1514, 1.68M)

the free software movement and the GNU operating system

post the salsa of where he said this.

It’s on his website

Racist shitposting is everything I stand for?

stallman.org/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?path=/stallman-computing.html&term=Jow Forums&type=norm&case=0

t.Freetard

>cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?path=
kek

I'd just like to interject for a minute.

Without Stallman, we would all be paying $10 a month to use a compiler. It's incredibly sad to see the state of the Internet (ads and tracking) and the publics reliance on propriety software.
The man tried hard and achieved more than any of us ever will, but in the end he was broken by the status quo. Ridiculed by the people he tried to help.

For organizations and politics, he founded the FSF, defined free software and the freedoms that they need. As far as actual computing/programming goes, he's credited with the initial development of GCC and Emacs.

I've watched interviews of people asking stallman questions and he is unlikable, annoying, and whiny. He can't answer a simple question without going off on a rant against the interviewer when they bring up Linus accidentally or some shit. He tries to slander actual FOSS products when they refuse to distribute it through him.
Basically Stallman represents both envy and sloth at the same time.

He hates real chads like Theo with a passion and makes up bullshit in order to slander things he doesn't like as "Non-free". He has sabotaged countless promising projects but has barely even said a word about systemD creep.

Linus barely even acknowledges his points because he knows Stallman is nothing more than a childish trollish annoyance who will never be satisfied.

Attached: 1528597704911.png (369x276, 55K)

Forced communism isn’t freedom.

>the GNU operating system

wrong

Kek

Because DRM is the pinnacle of freedom.

Wow, this board really went to shit.

Rule three is dead.

RIP

Alright, let me just close source your software project and use my market influence to make your software project irrelevant and then tack on proprietary features that are also PATENTED and you're not legally allowed to copy.

Wow that totally sounds like freedom to me!

Cool straw man faggot

It's not forced. Read the GPL. It clearly states that accepting it is a choice, not a requirement. You can use GPL-licensed software without accepting the GPL, and you can also do whatever your local laws allow you to do - however, modification and distribution is not one of those things, and you can't do them without accepting the GPL just like you would for any other software which does not otherwise grant the rights.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1529726685371.jpg (800x450, 58K)

Nigga shut the fuck up

An user emailed him asking him his thoughts on systemd's takeover. Stallman said he approves of systemd because it's free software.

Attached: cringe.gif (575x420, 507K)

This. Everyone likes to complain about the GPL until they consider the logical alternative

Well, what is stopping you from forking systemd to match your tastes anyway? It's free software. We have elogind for a reason.

>because we follow rules
You have to go back

Attached: 1529614241387.jpg (837x778, 95K)

/thread

Free software is not free as in anarchy. Unlike an anarchy, free software protects your freedom from violators.

Anti-GPL folks are very similar to anti-regulation and anti-tax folks. They imagine that one day they will be rich and/or own a large company and think "Gee, I don't really want the government taxing/regulating me, so I'm going to vote against taxes/regulations", unbeknownst to them that the 1% are laughing their asses off at the guy working at McDonalds who is never going to get out of the lower class.

Anti-GPL fags think, "Gee, one day I'm going to start the new Google or Amazon and I'm going to use FOSS software, but I'd really hate it if people used GPL instead of MIT so I couldn't steal their work. Clearly, MIT is better and *insert hundreds of rationalizations about freedom here*" when in reality, the large corps are stealing your code and laughing their asses off (see Apple and FreeBSD).

This unironically made me reassess my position.

Linux

well, I condemn right-wing bigotry and most of the people here too, I've just been there for so long I can't leave anymore

>everything you stand for
Not everyone here is a phoneposting Jow Forumsthedonald refugee kiddo.

Why use it at all? sysvinit works great.

Attached: 1502286896054.png (679x693, 254K)

>and most of the people here too
This is what you and the 3 other loud fags leakef from leftypol actually believe.

That pic is the epitome of bs. Those fags who made it called out rms for releasing emacs for wangblows too. Complete retards.

Stallman basically preaches that his specific version of freedom is the only true freedom and you should follow it lest he throws himself into some childish tantrum. Kinda like antifa-tier commies if you ask me.

>implying I stand for Jow Forums