Weev on Linux desktop: Using Linux on desktop is a declaration that your time is worth like $3/hr

>a Hackintosh is a much better desktop experience than Linux
>nobody should be using Linux for a desktop
>he's played games with people who use Linux for desktop gaming and the sound drivers are such shit they have to restart after changing the volume
>using Linux as a desktop is a declaration that your time is worth like $3/hr
>sound drivers on Linux are garbage
>I would rather pull teeth than use Linux on the desktop
>you're supposed to be an adult now, you're not supposed to smell Richard Stallman's ballsweat over everything
>Windows 10 is fine for basic tasks and gaming even if it is a pajeet OS
>Windows is better than Linux on the desktop
>If I have to run a terminal to fix basic desktop shit, then fuck that.
>Linux is only good for editing config files and managing services
>only a 3rd worlder would use Linux on the desktop
>MacOS is getting worse and TimCook has ruined everything and it's still better than Linux
>Android is garbage because their security is trash. He uses a Samsung phone even though he doesn't trust any phone but at least an iOS 0-day is worth like half a million vs. Android 0-day being worth like $15k
>the only appropriate use of Linux is on your smartphone because Android is a better experience than using a Linux desktop
>OpenBSD is better than Linux and NetBSD is better than OpenBSD

Relevant new podcast: weev.net/race-ghost-s02e01-two-scoops-two-genders-two-terms-two-womps-two-starbursts/

Relevant clip: a.safe.moe/DqtSvrI.mp3

What does Jow Forums think of weev's comments?

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259K)

>What does Jow Forums think of weev's comments?
who?

I had to google to know who he is so that should tell you how much I care about his comments.

Linux desktop is fractured buggy and often obsolete shit, but that's hardly a controversial opinion

who?

The state of nu-Jow Forums

ok i just googled hes name and he looks like the definition of 30 yo boomer meme lol

>OpenBSD is better than Linux and NetBSD is better than OpenBSD
Mah nigga.

Attached: trump all smiles.png (300x366, 218K)

How many more of these are you going to make today?

He's so right.

That's not me, man. This is a new comment by a respected Jow Forums figure.

no

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514796031600.jpg (675x900, 289K)

>Caring about a literal jew alt right wanna be ebul nazi haxxor
>Talking shit about linux while being a winbaby who sucks bsd dick.
hmmmm I love those thinly veiled Jow Forums brainlet threads.

Weev is a retarded jew troll. He always was, and always will be. Meanwhile OpenSUSE Leap just works on my machine. Took me one hour to set up. So by your logic my OS cost me $3, which is about 40x cheaper than a copy of Winshit 10.

>OpenBSD is better than Linux
SSD TRIM. What is that?

>and NetBSD is better than OpenBSD
Less software than OpenBSD. It exists only because of pkgsrc and ports.

Attached: 1529449708797.gif (500x281, 552K)

>(((weev)))

Every time weev opens his mouth I feel like someone is driving toothpicks into my ears. I can only hope I never have the displeasure of encountering him and his awful opinions in person.

>>you're supposed to be an adult now, you're not supposed to smell Richard Stallman's ballsweat over everything
Pretty ironic as he used to do the same thing 5 years ago.

yeah he grew up, that's the point

Yeah, this. Also, this faggot likes to attention-whore worse than an instagram roastie.

>Also, this faggot likes to attention-whore worse than an instagram roastie.
explain

He always has to be the center of controversy.

dude what does that even mean? that can apply to any public figure.

Oh look, the retarded white nationalist who thinks net neutrality is bad has other retarded opinions...

See

God he has an annoying voice. And that stupid laugh.

Duuuude, just get an iPad.

>literal non-arguments
ok

literally who?

here's my quick synopsis though:

he's a whiny faggot who's worth $3/hr

what are brainlets like this actually doing wrong though? most of the "IT DOESNT WORK" whining hasn't been true in years

>being this obsessed with a Jow Forums internet celebrity

Jesus

some windows shill that does not know how to use linux

No

Yeah, dude. Why hinder yourself with anything? Just touch the icons and it werks, dude. Hahaha!

A literal jew that became "ironic" neonazi in prison after he was arrested for some fraud thing related to gay niggers from outer space.

This is what happens when people fail to understand that Jow Forums is satire.

using nonfree software.

that's literally it. they tihnk their faggy nonfree software is supposed to work when in many ways, free software is built in mind to NOT have stable ABIs and care about broke ass legacy ways of doing things. When you have shit like free software, you rarely need ABIs anyhow except for kernel/libc interaction.

>Thinking the opinion of an actual neo-nazi is worth listening to
Dude, Jow Forums is that way --->

>gay niggers from outer space
>GNAA

well that explains literally all of this. anyone who takes this fag seriously is retarded.

I agree. I mean, he literally made a career out of trolling people, and underage edgelord newfags on Jow Forums take him seriously for some reason.

>actual neo-nazi
He's a known troll and a jew, I don't think he's actually a neo-nazi.

this. Who cares what some “””celebrity””” thinks?

Why would I care about the opinion of a jewish neo nazi Jow Forumstard?

based
i stopped checking his site because he hadn't posted anything new in forever

The creator of sea monkey was a Jew too
He was also a member of the KKK that donated a large portion of his fortune to white nationalist groups. Sorry Jow Forumstard I'm not buying the ironic Nazi excuse anymore. That ship has sailed a long time ago. Some people are just retards and Weev happens to be one of them.

>literally some Jow Forums """celebrity"""
go back

idk why people posting youtubers "drama"/opinions is still a thing
all it brings is shills desu

Yesterday I installed a fresh ubuntu and a fresh windows 7 simultaneously on separate machines in preparations for a pc build. Both used the same type of disc for install media.
Ubuntu was installed, running, had all necessary drivers, and was starting to be customized by the time windows reached the “setting up” phase.
This doesn’t include the time spent formatting the drive for windows, which had be done from an ubuntu live cd because windows wouldn’t format it.

Attached: 4426BDEC-C587-4E4C-92D9-24AF6CD28598.jpg (600x600, 60K)

>oy vey don't you dare use open source software goy

>Linux is terrible on the desktop
>The last time I used it was 2003

Yep. He's out of date on the current status of userland by 15 years.

Attached: 1522889384332.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

The userland is still the same: still no filepicker thumbnails. Open sores never progresses, unlike proprietary software. The best it can ever do is only copy. It's always playing catch up.

guaranteed replies

>two thousand eight teen
>taking advice from a littereal nazist

Proof?

and every decade a new platform comes along with everyone rewriting the same shitware. whats yout point?

> i never pass up an opprtunity to give someone my money

My point is twenty years ago you told us proprietary software had its days counted and now, twenty years later, everyone is still using Photoshop and Quickbooks and Word and Excel to get shit done.

>reeee capitalism oppresses me

Attached: 1517493974819.png (2408x1488, 1.33M)

a few years ago in my worst days i dated some jew whore (the type who calls herself a slut as some political statement) who ended up taking some Ruby bootcamp to get into tech and loved weev

she really was a caricature of everything /gpol/ hates, but then again so is everyone else in austin

Imagine a man so burnt out on drugs, whose brain is so melted that the only thing he is capable of doing is either getting even more fucked up, or babbling on pointlessly about some inane shit

i have a mirror, thanks

>market segmentation through cryptographically secure firmware lockouts
>patent licensing terms that restrict free software and choice
>forced "service" oriented business models and literal spyware

ya, I'd say it very much does in 2018.
god forbid capitalist could profit without having to do these great things.

He's jewish and chooses to continue to exist, which is mutually exclusive with believing that jews should be exterminated.

Weev is a faggot but I can cut him slack for worshiping NetBSD.

>all he did was increment a number (pretty shit of the feds to fuck him like that but seriously)
>somehow magically got out of prison AND became a Nazi AND trashes Nazis running for office (not suspicious at all)
>always inserts himself into far-right projects despite the far-right being filled with people who can do server work
I don't even believe he's a Jew, I just think he's got a bigger fucking head than he deserves.

Attached: 1477364201114.jpg (666x720, 286K)

He is just trolling.

There's an internal debate on the far-right about whether Jews should be exterminated or just expelled. He goes to bat for Israel so it's not like he's being inconsistent.

If you're not running illumos by now you're stuck in the 90's.

>hackitosh
>if you have to drop to the commandline to get basic shit going then fuck that.
What is this wizardry?

Loonix on desktop is what happens when people fail to understand that Jow Forums is satire.

Why would you listen to weev literally ever

Fuck weev. What would really be interesting is Milo`s thoughts on linux

That would be even less interesting;.

Most people think Jow Forums is not satire

>when people say things I disagree with it's satire

Attached: 1521910607497.png (1416x1248, 221K)

>a tech illiterate faggot is more interesting than an actual programmer who thinks faggots should burn

>I'm a winshill loser who can't make anything so i'll project my world view on Jow Forums as if it were global consensus

go back to /v/ kiddo.

Weev always takes trolling too far, nothing to see here lads

>>OpenBSD is better than Linux and NetBSD is better than OpenBSD
>two OSes with a worse desktop experience are better than linux

is this like an onion article or something?

>NetBSD is better than OpenBSD
So he's just trying to get some attention? wew, how unsurprising
If this podcast was made before the FreeBSD coc he would say it is way better than OpenBSD just to be contrarian, it's quite noticeable how he hasn't even tried the *BSDs in decades due to the glaring lack of Dragonfly and TrueOS
He's just shitposting

This, Hackintosh, as the name implies, it's a massive hack
The drivers are horribly broken most of the time, god forbid you don't have something that comes in iMac's because you will be absolutely fucked with glaringly awful performance and stability
If your times worth like 0.5$/hr I guess it's okay, but if you get minimum salary and really want the terrible macOS experience just get a Mac
Otherwise just go with Win7 or Devuan

Hackintoshes actually work but I guess you want them to sound worse than a Linux installation because that's your agenda.

>t. never dealt with poojets kexts to get shit working

all have bad desktop experiences but Linux is lower quality overall than OpenBSD.

how so? last I checked OpenBSD doesn't even work with actual hardware made in 2018. no modern DRM, filesystem that isn't tolerant to power faults and whole lot of other basic features linux has had for some time now.

>a Hackintosh is a much better desktop experience than Linux
wat

>Giving a fuck about anything that Weev says

mfw

it is

>taking a known troll seriously
you probably posted this yourself, weev

but i do agree that openbsd is much better

i love how he acts like he did permanent damage to amazon's stocks or something for hiding gay books

Clearly not a troll then

8/8 for masterful trolling of the white nationalist tards, but here you're more right than troll. Mac for desktop and cheap disposable android for mobile is the way to go.

Who do you think posted this? The ones you think were being trolled.

Most people don't reinstall their Operating System every time they reboot their computer though.

>You can't separate audio channels and place different tracks on linux

m8 did you even fucking try?

Attached: 1529203269935.jpg (1200x794, 117K)