pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget for your build
>List your uses- e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work

Overclocking
>DON'T BUY AN 8000K CPU OR Z300 BOARD IF YOU AREN'T OVERCLOCKING
>Delid 8000K
>Use Precision Boost Overdrive & BCLK increase for Ryzen 2000X
>Use a real stress test & trustworthy temp software- e.g. IntelBurnTest & Core Temp

CPUs
>2200G- Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>2400G- Consider if close to 2200G price
>2600/X- Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>2700/X- Best mixed usage
>8700K- Best for gaming, but most expensive platform & delid necessary
>Threadripper/used Xeon- VM work/streaming/video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen are unlocked)
>Only Z300 Intel boards can utilize memory over 2666MHz

RAM
>8GB- Enough for most gaming use
>16GB- Standard for heavy use
>32GB- Too much for most users
>2933MHz is ideal; 3200 CL14 is B-die

Storage
>StoreMI can make HDDs better
>Consider getting a larger SSD instead of SSD+HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 might be SATA or PCIe
>PCIe/NVMe for intensive use only

Video cards
>SLI & CrossFire are unadvisable
1080p
>1050 Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or 570/580
>1070 or Vega 56 for 100+ fps
1440p
>1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64
>1080 Ti for 100+ fps
2160p
>1080 Ti

Power supplies
>Fully modular is very convenient
>80+ Platinum is overpriced

Monitors
>Explain purpose- e.g. photo editing, gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>G-SYNC only with high budget/GTX card
>Consider FreeSync with RX cards/APUs
>Low refresh rates benefit less from better CPUs

Previous

Attached: Cyberchase_Logo_April_2014.png (200x182, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zv3MFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/GY9PfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/GY9PfH/by_merchant/
youtube.com/watch?v=W2HuMxB0qT0
pcpartpicker.com/list/DyxCw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/NfhxfH
pcpartpicker.com/product/wX7CmG/gskill-flare-x-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c14d-16gfx
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236237&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6ME4926&cm_re=flarex-_-20-232-530-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232315&cm_re=g_skill_16gb_3200-_-20-232-315-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157836
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/4BsBvn
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/w8FyFt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should i buy a gigabyte vega 56 gaming oc for $620 or should i buy a asus vega 56 strix for $720?
Prices are Australian dollars.

I hope all you first world babs are grateful to your gods for your privileges, I'm about to drop 2600USD on a system which would cost 1600USD in the US, and the average monthly wage in my country is 350USD. I also get to enjoy waiting a month for it and having no warranty on any of the parts.

Okay /pcbg/ it might be upgrade time for me

Budget: 1200
Uses: Gaming (1080p)

I want tons of RAM so I can multi-task without closing anything.

I could reuse my SSD and optical drive from my older desktop. Everything else I want to be new.

Can I get a rate on this?

Building a computer mostly for Adobe CC work (After Effects / Photoshop the biggest uses) and some occasional gaming.

CPU
>i7 8700 (No plans for overclocking)

Mobo
>Asus 2370-Pro (buying for M.2 memory in the future)

RAM
>16gb Corsair

>GPU
Asus GTX 1060 GB

>Power
Thermaltake 650W

>Monitor
LG 27UD69-W (Looking for a balance of colour accuracy and refresh rate, must be 4K)

I need an upgrade to my GTX 580
I have a 1680x1050 screen and I don't really see a reason to upgrade that. What grafix card do I need ot make sure I can run games without fps drops for the next, say, 5 years? Like 1070?

>he wants to be enslaved by the mutts
now that's a good goy

Attached: 1521720293454.jpg (400x400, 91K)

Don't buy the Gigabyte. It's the worst one by far and has issues that make it not worth buying if they haven't fixed them.
Can you not get the red dragon or pulse for around the Gigabyte price?

I would say the Strix is worth about 10% more than a lower end model but it's 20% for you so probably not worth it.

Actually.. Compared to 1070Ti prices, that Strix price really isn't that bad and that Gigabyte one just seems to be unusually cheap? So maybe go ahead and get the Strix. Or get the Gigabyte and replace it with an Artic Accelero or Morpheus II.

Clearly you have much more money than the average person in your country, so you're doing fine.

Hard to say without price. Put your parts at their prices in pcpp. But it seems okay.
Would assume you should get a dedicated scratch disk as after effects and photoshop both will make a lot of use of it.

RX560 or GTX 1050 would be fine. Like a 30-40% upgrade at insanely lower power usage.

>Don't buy the Gigabyte. It's the worst one by far and has issues that make it not worth buying if they haven't fixed them.
what issues?

gigabyte is a deal right now. for reference an msi blower card is also 720

>GTX 1050
Why not the 1070 or 1050 ti to be more "future proof"? My budget isn't that tight, I have no problem spending 600 bucks or so
Though I have to say I don't know at what point my CPU (i5 3470) would start bottlenecking

Budget: Whatever's needed
I want to build a laptop that just acts as a samsung dex shell, i.e. just plug my samsung in and dex loads up. Then use the laptop screen, keyboard and trackpad at a minimum. What would I need to make this work?

>what issues?
Do you not see bad user reviews from it with your retailers? Try looking at US ones.

The cooler does not contact the HBM, and does not cool it correctly, which causes artifacts and bugs.

Because you have a fucking 1680x1050 monitor. A 1050 or RX560 is going to run that great.

RX580 is already overkill for 1080p 60fps in almost everything, including games that've come out 2 years after the Polaris' release, at least if you play on high settings instead of maxed which looks the same but just runs worse.

A 1070 on that resolution would be ultra retarded. Donate $200 to charity instead.
>I have no problem spending 600 bucks or so
Then get an RX580 and a new 1080p 144hz monitor like from the build below. That works out to $491.

You can still use your current monitor as a second monitor then. But don't do that with Nvidia because it will stutter if you mixmatch monitor refresh rates even when just web browsing.

>I don't know at what point my CPU (i5 3470) would start bottlenecking
It will bottleneck. That CPU will not reliably get you 60fps minimums while those CPUs will.
It's massively worse than a 3770, and a 3770 is far from sufficient now days either with how resource intensive many things people run in the background have gotten, and with games using a lot more CPU lately.
You'd probably get around 2-4x the 1% minimums or more moving to a 6c/12t CPU in real world usage.

pcpartpicker.com/list/zv3MFt
Are you sure your current SSD is good and you don't want an update? Have you run a test on it to see how much write is left on it?
If it's fine, just get rid of the SSD.

You also may want to wait for b450 boards.

Attached: 3770k vs 2600x real world.png (1024x1200, 163K)

embedded board and 3d printing I guess.

>The cooler does not contact the HBM
wouldnt extra cooling paste fix this

What should i get as a cooler for 2600x?
Any suggested brands?
Posted in the old thread also.

anyone mine here? is it worth it in current year and date

d15
u14
212x
in that order

>1050 or RX560 is going to run that great
Yes, but for how long? The 1 or 2 PC ports I play a year keep getting more and more unoptimized. I don't care about high grafix settings but I don't wanna have to upgrade again in 3 years just to be able to play 60 FPS at the lowest settings
I'll look into upgrading my CPU as well, thanks

3d printing for what?

Like this?

The site didn't have exactly what I'm looking for so the price is slightly off

>PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/GY9PfH
>Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/GY9PfH/by_merchant/

>CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz)
>Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($159.99 @ B&H)
>Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($200.89 @ OutletPC)
>Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card ($329.79 @ OutletPC)
>Power Supply: Thermaltake - Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.99 @ >SuperBiiz)
>Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($463.00 @ Amazon)
>Total: $1534.65
>Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Other than that, is 16gb RAM enough for having a lot of large PSDs files loaded at once? I'm often working between photoshop, illustrator and after effects simultaneously

So what motherboards do I get for either 2600X or 2700X?

crsosshair vi
or any cheap x370/470 board

Any cheap one? What about all the fuss of VRMs and shit?

x370s tend to have good vrms by default. imo avoid assrock boards

A little bit. But the cooler is also ass anyway.

>212x
the fuck? It's the exact same as the wraith spire only it spins up higher so it gets louder. It's not actually better, it just has a higher RPM limit. Louder is not better.

Will still probably play PS5/XBox-next ports on medium settings at that low ass resolution.
Tired of arguing with you tho. I gave you an alternate recommendation. But you'd also need a better CPU since your current one will bottleneck the fuck out of an RX580.

>The site didn't have exactly what I'm looking for so the price is slightly off
That's what the custom button is for.

But that seems fine other than the memory being overpriced. I think there's some 3000 CL15 on sale for like $150 right now.
Really 2666 would be fine when you're primarily not gaming.

PSU is too expensive. Get a Any cheap one? What about all the fuss of VRMs and shit?
Afaik even the worst X470 board is 4*2 or 5 phase. Like the cheapest MSI is still 4*2. They're far better than the shitty cheap Z370 models.
Like the Z370 MSI gaming pro carbon is 3*2 and $190 while the X470 MSI gaming pro carbon is $175 and 4*2 phase. lol. And the gaming pro has the same VRM it appears (could be bit better power station, mosfets, etc in carbon... but I doubt it) as the carbon one, but is $115-$130.

>the fuck? It's the exact same as the wraith spire only it spins up higher so it gets louder. It's not actually better, it just has a higher RPM limit. Louder is not better.
really? benchmarks?

The SE-AM4 NH-D15 or NH-U12S or the True Spirit 140

>Tired of arguing with you tho
I wasn't arguing, I was asking questions cause I don't know shit
Thanks for the help

Just tested my SSD and it says it's in good health.

>imo avoid assrock boards
but why

>Afaik even the worst X470 board is 4*2 or 5 phase. Like the cheapest MSI is still 4*2. They're far better than the shitty cheap Z370 models.
>Like the Z370 MSI gaming pro carbon is 3*2 and $190 while the X470 MSI gaming pro carbon is $175 and 4*2 phase. lol. And the gaming pro has the same VRM it appears (could be bit better power station, mosfets, etc in carbon... but I doubt it) as the carbon one, but is $115-$130.
But how much do I neeeed?

>really? benchmarks?
Aren't there like 50 youtube videos testing it? I can't bother to look it up. From memory, at the same dBA they perform the same, though.
And anecdotally, we get people in /pcbg/ saying that their 212x is very loud. Which makes perfect damn sense if you LOOK at the thing. It's very clearly something more in the 125W TDP cooling range when you look at it, yet it claims 180W TDP. It may cool that much, but only by getting loud as fuck.

crap bios and qa issues. worst to ra

>I don't wanna have to upgrade again in 3 years
Then save up for a 580 because 2GB will not be enough for high settings in 3 years

>But how much do I neeeed?

4 true phases or 3*2 for 2600X.
5 true phases or 4*2 for 2700X or 8700k.

What's wrong with ASRock RMA? I've had known people to get replacements fine. If that's what you meant be "ra".
And wtf? ASRock BIOS are fantastic.

That user is on 1680x1050 and doesn't want a new monitor. Even an RX560 4GB 1024SP card is pretty high end for that resolution and will probably play things on medium for years.

Also in 2 years, there'll probably be a new $150 card that's like GTX 1070 performance... so getting an RX560 plus another card in 2 years is cheaper than getting a 1070 now. Lmao.

I think it'd be super stupid to pay $280 for an RX580 now unless user is also going to get a new monitor. But his locked old 4c/4t will bottleneck it.

You'll need a cooler, the stock one will throttle the 8700
youtube.com/watch?v=W2HuMxB0qT0
I'd get the cheaper F4-3200C16D-16GVGB and a Focus Plus Gold 750W

Ideal fan setups? I have a Meshify C. I have 4 120mm fans. It came with 2 fans. One intake on the front and one exhausting on the back.

What would be the ideal setup for my 4 fans? The Meshify C I believe can have 2 fans on the front, 2 on the back and 2 on the top. But I only have the 4 fans for the time being.

>And wtf? ASRock BIOS are fantastic.
lol, the taichi getting broken every update sure is fantastic. rma it outside its doa period, gl

Need feedback for my gaming rig Jow Forums, trying not to spend more than $1200.

pcpartpicker.com/list/DyxCw6

I know, he said he'll look into upgrading the CPU

>Afaik even the worst X470 board is 4*2 or 5 phase. Like the cheapest MSI is still 4*2.

>5 true phases or 4*2 for 2700X or 8700k.
So literally get the x470 board that is the cheapest?

Any alternatives to the Dell U2717? For graphic design, media, and single player gaming.

I'd get the X470 Gaming Plus, a Focus G or a MX330 (more airflow than on the 200R) and a better GPU and PSU
pcpartpicker.com/list/NfhxfH
If you can afford this B-Die kit you'd get better performance (you can lower the cost with a MX500 500GB and a 620 EVO)
pcpartpicker.com/product/wX7CmG/gskill-flare-x-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c14d-16gfx

Sure, the GW2765HT for 60Hz or the NX-EDG27S for 144Hz

I just ordered 8700k and a zotac 1070 ti mini, planning to do a portable mini atx build (i move a lot and my laptop doesn't cut it anymore, for work nor simulations)

It's a good option but if you can afford the Strix X470-F or the Crosshair VII they're better

Better how?

what gpu is good for video editing?

>the taichi getting broken every update sure is fantastic
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Attached: JCDenton2.png (432x454, 268K)

Throw em in there and see what your cpu and gpu temps look like under load. Conventional wisdom would be two intake on the front panel, one top and one back exhaust in the top rear corner. Look up positive and negative pressure and decide which you want, then set it up in the coolest position taking into account your PSU fan and any cfm differences in between fan models

video editing what
if 1080p a used 750ti would be ok
if 4k i think something like a 1050 should be enough
macs manage to do 4k with fucking Intel Iris in ProRes

keep in mind that most of the work needs other components, the take a decent Ryzen, take at the very least 8gb of ram (it works but 16gb are better), use fast storage like 256gb ssd for the system, another 256gb ssd for projects you're working on and a 2TB HDD for archives

it all depends on what you need to do

4k, mainly splicing and color correction

ive got a ryzen 1700, 16gb ram (is 32gb worth it, does it speed stuff up?) and a 960 evo already. gpu is a 1060 but idk if its good enough, never done this shit or got any idea.

im looking to make videos about 10-20 mins long

There are 2TB Micro SATA SSDs on sale for $380. I was considering buying 2 and using them for storage in addition to my 2 2TB 7200RPM HDDs. The main drive I'll be using will be an NVMe PCI-E 1TB drive, like Samsung, for reference. What are the pros and cons of this plan?

I'm going to be stuck with a wireless connection for a while. Any PCI-E Wifi card suggestions? I'll spend up to $100 if it's actually going to make a difference.

Better VRMs and BIOS

Attached: 17132229920l.jpg (752x752, 172K)

tp link 4800, never saw a point of the more expensive ones

>better VRMS
>gives a picture where Strix X470-F is the hottest both in stock and OC form
Nani?

Than the Gaming Plus user, the Crosshair VII is the best one in that graph

its been about 2 or 3 months since x470 launched
have you cunts figured out which board is the most sensible option for letting XFR2 do its thing without unnecessarily spending money on stupid shit like an LN2 mode

>the Crosshair VII is the best one in that graph
Sure but is 4 degrees difference under OC really worth like 50-70 euro difference?
This is the shit I hate about building a new computer. You got motherboards that cost 50 to 500 and yeah the more expensive are "better". But if cooling was in the same fucking park as motherboards youd have people telling you to get liquid nitrogen cooling because it's better.

Are different gpu lines just basically different cooler configurations?
>Strix
>FTW3
>etc
If i intend to run my liquid cooling setup anyway, what's the difference? I guess vendor warranty support makes a difference, anything else?

im not him but i have a vi which is essentially the same board (i think the vrm and bios is nearly identical). its amazing, so easy to work with and all the overclocking features are unrivaled. plus the shitload of usb ports is great. i only have 5 things plugged in now but i can have up to 10 or so plugged in when im fully set up.

theyre all the same fucking card. this is why you see people that are doing custom loops always opt for a reference card, like an asus turbo since theyre usually cheap. evga is the best in this regard because they offer warranty even after the seal is broken, although all vendors do if you push it on them.

>Mismatch monitor refresh rates
If i do 3 wide monitors with the center as gsync (muh gayming), will there be issues simultaneously doing monitoring/browsing on the left/right screens?

anyone have input on this?

Attached: 1486358563812.jpg (500x500, 36K)

It’s expensive

threadripper laptop when

>I just ordered 8700k and a zotac 1070 ti mini, planning to do a portable mini atx build (i move a lot and my laptop doesn't cut it anymore, for work nor simulations)
Okay....

Attached: 1500824246903.png (257x208, 80K)

nice blog

Thinking of building around a Ryzen 2600. All my research tells me RAM is really hit and miss with Ryzen though, and motherboard QVL isn't comprehensive enough to give me some good choices. Anyone with one recommend some decent 16gb kits that aren't the ridiculous 250$+ Samsung B-die kits? I'm looking around the 3000-3200 range.

This is what I'm currently looking at, butI'm worried that I won't be able to get near rated speeds because Ryzen RAM compatibility.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236237&ignorebbr=1

I just ordered a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Radeon Vega 56 Nano, planning to do a portable mini itx build (i move a lot and my laptop doesn't cut it anymore, for work nor simulations)

how much is flare x for you? just grab a vengeance kit and a 470 board if you really want

A bit ridiculous. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6ME4926&cm_re=flarex-_-20-232-530-_-Product

Board I'm getting is most likely going to be the Asus prime x470. I've checked almost everything on the QVL for compatibility and yeah, it's mostly painfully expensive.

Why bother wtih buying Ryzen and worrying about expensive RAM kits not working at their XMP profile when you can buy an Intel system on a cheap board and not worry about RAM at all?

It'll probably work. I got this kit running at 3133mhz on a first gen ryzen with a b350 board.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232315&cm_re=g_skill_16gb_3200-_-20-232-315-_-Product

well you can manually set timings which is usually alright. as long as its b die qvl doesnt really matter

Yeah, problem is all the B die I can find is significantly more expensive than the processor

then get hynix and run it at 2933, thats the trade off.

So I'm thinking about getting a new cooler for my R5 1600. The stock cooler, while it gets the job done, isn't as quiet as I would like.
I had a Hyper 212 Evo on my old FX 8320, and it kept that fucker ice cold while being barely audible. Is that still the standard now, or is there something better?

Attached: 1508986101644.jpg (1083x1201, 132K)

What is a good Mini ITX tower that can support a 17cm/170mm cpu cooler ? I was looking into getting a Phanteks Evolv ITX but its fucking huge for an ITX case. I mainly need space for 2 SSDs and 1 HDD. Good airflow would be nice but I dont wanna get a dumb square black box like the Thermaltake Core v1. Any advice?

Attached: unnamedgentleman.jpg (786x1017, 95K)

The H7 is better but if you can spend a bit more get one of these

>supporting the jew
You have to be a RETARD! to not buy AMD

3000 or 3200MHz RAM isn't all the expensive, and Intel benefits from fast RAM as well, although obviously not as much as Ryzen. And compatibility hasn't been much of an issue for almost a year.

So I want to replace my current HDD with a SSD I just bought.
I backed up the data I want to keep on an external HDD.
How would I replace the HDD with my SSD without a SATA to USB cable ?
I need a way of migrating just windows to my SSD. I would then migrate the data I want from my external HDD to the SSD. Is making a copy of windows on my external HDD enough for this to work ?

thanks

Just clone it. Use whatever cloning software you can find

a buddy wants to sell me his rig for cheap, I guess some bills popped up and he really needs the money. 16 GB DDR3 RAM, i5-4670k at 4.2 GHz, and a GTX 1070 (he said it's overclocked but I can't remember the specifics of that off the top of my head). he wants all of this for $500. good deal?

if I do buy this off him what kind of monitor should I get? as you can imagine since there's a 1070 in it I'd be using this primarily for gayming

would I be able to only clone windows 7 and not the 900gb of data I dont need from my current HDD ?

I'm assuming you're talking about a height of 170 mm, not a fan diameter.
There's the Silverstone FT03 (not mini) case that's vertical which might be big enough for a cooler like this. LianLi has the PC-Q34 which should be big enough.
Some of my personal favourites are the PC-Q37, the Jonsbo UMX1 and the EVGA Hadron meme but these all go to 130mm only. Why are you mounting such a huge heatsink in a mITX system anyway?
Fractal make their Define in a qt mITX format, not quite a small though.
Thermaltake V1 is the safe but boring option.
Can you link your pcpp list here?

Im pretty sure most cloning software lets you selectively pick

Daily reminder

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

so, what does it mean when my screen starts flickering different colours and eventually crashes with audio, 5 mins into a game? it's not a temp think, max is 65. i can play older titles just fine, but something more modern that mexes out my GPU more (VRAM maybe?) makes it happen.

You didn't push in you're gpu enuff

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 7nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* StoreMI doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Security doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Stock coolers don't matter!
>*NEW* Games don't always matter!
>*NEW* Hyperthreading doesn't matter!

Attached: 1499020149654.jpg (500x482, 168K)

I need some help picking between these. I'm grabbing an x470 chipset motherboard to go with my Ryzen 2600X - because going the boot kit route will take a month and is fucked.
So - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177
vs
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157836

I have a GTX750 card 2GB video ram. Yeah it sucks but I'm not buying this for gaming. It's going to be my data science/cybersec hobbyest rig. I'm looking for high processor speeds (relatively). I'm going to virtualize windows QEMU+KVM so I can get excellent performance in windows without having to stock install that botnet. In windows I may play some games but also photoshop, illustrator... etc
Basically, a very multipurpose rig is what I'm going for. And I'm trying to wade through the meme features for something that's actually useful. That ASRock motherboard has this new M.2 ssd technology.
other details -
>16GB 2400MHZ ram
>EVGA Supernova 650G

I'm intending to get 4 hard drives and set up raid 10 for a mix of speed and data integrity. Because data mining.
But anyway, that's what I'm working with. Choosing between these motherboards seems difficult because I don't want a bunch of features I'm not going to even use and oh god so many fall for the memes.

Thanks, user. Here's my PCPP list.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/4BsBvn
I have a gammax 300T (140mm height). and it does a pretty good job with cooling considering that it was only 25€.
My MOBO also has red LEDs which are pretty nice, and I was planning on buying pic related but it's really big and bulky compared to my current TT core v1. Should I still go for it or are there better alternatives?

Attached: hmm.jpg (602x482, 51K)

Which parts do you already own besides the cooler and the mobo? Because this list is a real mess and I'd suggest you start new.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/w8FyFt
This is the best I can do right now.
Why go with the 2200g when you have a dedicated GPU anyway?
You don't need a massive cooler for a 65W Ryzen chip, I'd personally go with the LianLi PC-Q21 or the Silverstone FT03 Mini which look a lot cooler and still fot all your parts.
If looking cool is not your point then why do mITX?
Why the tiny SSD? Why the slow HDD?
I know I'm really fucking up your build here but what do you want to do with your build?
Protip: When going mITX always go with a (modular) SFX-PSU. This gives you lots more room inside and they come with an adapter bracket to mount it in ATX holes.
Is ~800 a tightly set budget?

I own all of the parts specified and I was looking into buying a fancier and more practical case. The thermaltake core v1 is a standard dust-sucking black box and I wanted to get something more interesting to show off the red lights on the 1050 ti and the rgb LEDs on the mobo.
At first I started with the cooler master elite 110 with the 2200g and the stock cooler. The 1st case that I had was a mini ITX one and the CPU got pretty hot even when not OCing. Some time later I bought an aditional SSD for vidya and a slow 5400rpm HDD for storage (the original 120gb small SSD is for Windows) and I decided to also get the Thermaltake core v1 for its price and good airflow. Some time after that I got the 1050 ti and now I want to upgrade to a more decent AM4 CPU later. Sorry about the confusion and thank you kindly for your suggested build, but I'm only interested in getting a more future proof case without having to buy a big ATX tower.

I'm a hardware pleb with around 1k £
Which 1080/GPU, mobo and CPU do I get?

Attached: 8PxVsWw750irFtPiqaj4D4caFq6OJKLJwJiErPDQvYY.jpg (960x640, 115K)

Get the Fractal Define Nano S then. It has a window and a better layout than the Phanteks imo.

Stupid question but if I buy a Amd x470 motherboard will it be compatible with an Nvidia GPU?

Thanks, user. I'll look into it.

Absolutely. GPU aren't restricted, CPU are.

Attached: DgdHAoMU8AIFhLd.jpg (1278x958, 176K)