Open the shell

open the shell.
You mean the terminal?
I mean the shell.
The terminal is the shell.
The terminal translates commands to the shell.
The shell is the command line interpreter.
Then the shell is GNU.
You mean Gnome.
I mean the shell is the terminal.
You mean console?
No, no! The tty!
The x terminal?
It's not a terminal.
UXTerm?
I mean Unity graphical shell.
That's Gnome!!!!
Who's on second?

Attached: rinus.jpg (300x242, 15K)

Attached: [Davinci] Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan 2 - 20 [720p][4A592525]_00:19:26_02.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>open the shell
>I'm gay

The shell is the bash console terminator, bash being used to bash people's heads in with gnomes.

Blue board faggot

Blessed

You know, I'm quite happy to work at a layer of technology where this question has absolutely no functional meaning whatsoever.
It's called the fucking terminal or the command line, jackass. No one has ever cared about the distinction untill you're neck deep in the engineering of it.

So a pig eating a child is NSFW? Since when? Are you a part of the offended brigade?

It's bloody, horrible, deadly, and involves humans made helpless by animals. We conqoured them centuries ago, and the primally terrifying sight of a child so failed by his community condemns the lot.
No one likes confronting that shit.

Easy: A shell running in a terminal emulator (or a virtual console aka TTY) is called a command line interface (CLI).

Shell runs "IN" a terminal emulator?

It's just a nigger who cares.

>No one has ever cared about the distinction
Well I care, and I am SOMEBODY.

Now here's some words of wisdom for the rest of you comment posting idiots. You people think your opinions are so important and that you possess some natural-born expertise. But take it from ME, a REAL expert, when I say your comments are even more stupider than you people making them. Now I have a lot of experience, so when I say something, it counts. That's because I'm very important and I know what I'm talking about, unlike feeble-minded you. I see you want to retort by posting a reply, do you? PSHAW!!! You can't post a reply to me because you're speechless, and you're too AFRAID. Besides, no one wants to hear your stupidness anyway.

Do you know who I am? I have 9 black belts, 15 Masters degrees and a PhD in Applied Arithmetic. That's right, you know I'm way better than you, and all my fans and supporters will gladly tell you how great and awesome I am! Have you seen my power level? It's over 9000! You know what that means? It means I have more than 9000 units of POWER. It also puts my total adjusted force rating at 22000! That's more than triple, so you don't want to make me mad because anger is my middle name, and I give love a bad name, so consider yourselves duly warned.

Remember: He who laughs last, laughs last. So, go ahead, I dare you to write a reply to my comment. I DOUBLE dare you to write a reply to my comment. But I know you won't reply to my comment because YOU'RE ALL TOO AFRAID.

You got me here, cunt.

No it does not; the interface just allows to use the shell interactivity.

I used to say command prompt, now I say terminal, shell, or command line. I use it interchangeably, people know the point I'm bringing across anyways.

If you say, open the shell, I'll just open it and say ok. It's all basically the same anyways.

>watching seasonal garbage

in case you didn't know
>>>/global/rules/3

You must be a lot of fun at parties. Oh, you've never been to one? Figures.

Will mummy save us from the darkness?

Attached: 01cf40da53a61a55a8e3402ba6170724_1920x.jpg (1920x1200, 430K)

All that time spent replying could have been used not being a total fuckwit yet here we are

ah. the familiar feeling of when normies don't' understand that pedanticness is a requirement to using computers.

baka@desu

Attached: 1527166058036.jpg (684x546, 76K)