Daily reminder that if you don't have any degree, your opinion doesn't matter...

daily reminder that if you don't have any degree, your opinion doesn't matter, and soon employers will look at your resumes with disgust, because everyone has a degree

Attached: 1405892567647.jpg (400x533, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.codinghorror.com/the-years-of-experience-myth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ok Schlomo, don't forget your pill

>t. unemployable "gender studies" graduate

I have an engineering degree, and let me tell you that you're full of crap.

Reminder that 10 years of experience with no degree has more chances than a newbie with a degree.

CS degree is a fucking meme, from all my classmate I think 4 or 5 of them ever learnt anything about computer architecture, data structures or even functional programming.
I'd be ashamed to let someone know we graduated in the same college.

>implying you can have 10 years of experience without a degree

>t. american

Attached: 1529248230228.png (720x676, 491K)

This is correct. Muh degree fags are worthless retards.

the architecture prof at my college has a shitload of ratings on rmp that are just encouraging words telling people they don't need to know hardware to be a good developer

daily reminder that even if you have an IT degree yu need a huge porfolio even before graduating if you actually want to ever get a job.

We're better off becoming plumbers, not kidding.

>graduate from 4 year uni
>can't find job outside of retail
>go to javascript bootcamp for 3 months
>get six figure salary offers to start
>"muh degree"

trying to rationalize your wasted 4 years and 20 years of future student loan debt payments this hard

Lazy niggers.

Yup, sad. They're incapable of working hard. Betas

>soon employers will look at your resumes with disgust, because everyone has a degree
Then what real value would it hold? Clearly they wouldn't be hard to get if everyone has one.

IT is one of the few fields where you're respected more for having technical knowledge and 0 formal knowledge

>employers will look at your resumes with disgust, because everyone has a degree
they employ experience, not titles

While a guy with 10 years of relevant work experience will certainly know more than any freshly graduated college kid (even from "top" schools), given the current state of credentialism I'd beg to differ.

Herp derp, hello boomer

Don't forget, if you get a degree you'll be spending wicked $$$,$$$ for 4 years when you could be a Trades apprentice making $$$,$$$ and having a well paying job for life. Yes, you'd have to actually WORK then...

Attached: 80s.png (600x800, 898K)

but i got picked up by employer in my 2nd year. dont be a shitter and network.
>degree matters, not the ability to network and sell your brand

>paying

Reminder that there is no difference between people who have 2 years of experience and people who have 10 years of experience.

Attached: thefuck.png (500x378, 169K)

employers will take someone with 5 minutes worth of experience in their field vs someone with a 5 year degree and no experience

>blog.codinghorror.com/the-years-of-experience-myth/

you forgot the part where you fuck up your body for life by age 50 and get undercut by Mexicans who do a worse job but for 50% less in hard undeclared cash

Currently making $70k as a network boi with no degree.

A degree is important, but once you start getting to more senior positions, the experience on your resume is what will get you the interview.
College isn't a bad choice (if you get a relevant degree), it's just not the only path.

That said, if you've been working in your industry for a while, there's no reason to not have been taking online classes and getting a degree.

I agree with that article, but do keep in mind there is a whole technology world out there besides writing software.

Software (and IT I guess) is really the only place where having a degree is even theoretically optional. This conversation is utterly irrelevant everywhere else in tech. You will not be hired without a degree.

I have a degree and I think this thread is useless.
Now what, OP?

Lol sad. Try again no job faggot.

IT is very much open to people without degrees.
Since it's such a wide field that requires knowledge of technologies, experience is very important. I can see how software wouldn't matter as much, since it depends more on your thinking process, where IT is more dependent on your knowledge and ability to make solutions from your knowledge.

Like I said in my other post, it's important to get a degree if you want to advance your career. Almost all managerial/leadership type roles require a degree, and that's where the big money will be made in the later stages of your career.

This is exactly why Trump is going to win a second term.

Yes, yes you all need that degree, see how good it was when only the top 10% of people got it, you can all be the the top 10%.
Now here is your $200K Loan.

Attached: DiversityStaffUniversity.jpg (664x1024, 138K)

you do know that most people that hire illegal immigrants are paying their share of the payroll tax right?

whats the point when even this place is full of people saying that those people with degrees have no skills

Imagine making $130k for being the "Director of Women in Science", whatever that entails.

This is why college costs so much. A single university is literally spending millions a year on "inclusion & diversity".

Oh shit, they figured it out. Back to the Joocave!

Attached: bernie-sanders-R8.png (1155x523, 452K)

Plumbers work harder than you do, Skyler.

Attached: 1468633155322.jpg (415x392, 51K)