Attached: msn.jpg (400x400, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

escargot.log1p.xyz
youtube.com/watch?v=nqGJUKaaLU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You literally make me cry.
I miss those cam girls so much.

Normie

I would talk to my ex on it like 7 hours a day after highschool. I miss our chats

>tfw 2007-2011 were the only years i was truly ever happy
>newly graduated
>friends
>talking shit with friends on MSN and having fun
>got cash from my grandparents after graduating

>go to log into old hotmail account for nostalgia
>microsoft deleted inbox and contacts due to inactivity

Attached: 1518356849590.jpg (633x640, 67K)

Works on my machine
escargot.log1p.xyz

thanks OP, I'm now recovering my live.com account, and I will delete it. -1 botnet

YOOOOOOOOO

LOL git gud mate

Attached: 1529821264346.png (999x963, 551K)

I never used it myself. All my friends were on AIM.

fucking made me wonder what I'm doing here. what has my life come to, when I'm scrolling through Jow Forums day after day until late night? I'll regret it if I don't quit today.

goodbye Jow Forums. I won't be back

See you tomorow fren

HA

see you tomorrow

is there a list of public rooms or something

oh boy oh boy, those msn years were fucking lit yo

Attached: MSN-Microsoft-The-Island-1.jpg (1280x800, 125K)

how is adulthood threating you Jow Forums?
you fucked that girl didnt you?

Attached: 1529256981376.jpg (480x447, 39K)

I wish I could go back :(

It's shit.
Yep, it sucked.

msn was superior to facebook in every way, but all the retards migrated to facebook cause everyone else was doing it

>I miss MSN

Attached: that 25-year-old boomer.jpg (376x349, 22K)

>you fucked that girl didnt you?
Nope, I did not. She eventually came out as a lesbian.

I turn 25 in 28 days, it hurts.

nobody leaves, at least not for long...

Used to spam the fuck out of the nudge button

Attached: A890FB7B-F50D-487C-BD5D-6018BF484846.gif (320x220, 499K)

I miss old Skype.

Yes, OLD SKYPE, when Skype wasn't microshaft.

Also Xfire, it was so much better than steam

oddly enough I was too paranoid to ever use it.

I tried yahoo messenger and AIM a few times, but stopped using them too. the longest one I used was ICQ, around 1999/2000.

I stuck to irc. hazardous as it was I didn't feel it was under the lens of a large corporation. I also preferred the more room-oriented general interaction, instead of everyone trying to do 1-on-1 for cybersex.

Attached: AIM CONVO.png (3167x1750, 297K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nqGJUKaaLU4

I'm sure they still have your personal information somewhere.

fug

Attached: meu.png (620x380, 242K)

I just miss the 2000s era of the internet in general. Everything is so centralized now, I liked it when everything was small and niche with only a small pool of larger services floating around.

Sweetnsour435 wants to fuck

The nostalgia of the MSN messenger and the AIM. Kids these days dont have a clue what is to wait in 56k modem dial that fucking AOL until you get online 5 minutes later.

>oddly enough I was too paranoid to ever use it.
I did use it, but not much because of the same reason

>tfw forgot your login details
>tfw can't log into skype with them
>tfw those girls you added randomly from the internet are forever lost
>tfw will never see what they're up to now

>Xfire
>2 seconds have passed
>woohh!haha, look at that,there is a new update! You really should install it now! haha

I'm 29 and I loved MSN Messenger. We are all oldfags here.

hi, my fellow boomer

Lets rewrite msn in electronjs

I miss ICQ

I do this week, I should be dead

Are you me? Those were the days user.. so pure and full of hope

>went through old email address I had and used with MSN when I was a dumbass kid
Holy fucking shit, this is a level of embarrassment that is unparalleled.

Attached: 1500057750147.png (500x366, 141K)

While yahoo messenger will shutdown on july this year.

Everyone is here forever
I tried everything and I kept coming back, at this point a drug addiction would be easier to handle

i used to write poems to my crush

I miss having friends

Nope. Going to be a wizard next month. Maybe I should learn LISP?

Me too. It was better than the modern garbage we have now.

I did, we have been together for many years now, she is still my gf. Thanks Microsoft.

It's alright
Jokes on you I became the girlfriend lel.

That's a program that started decent, them became great, them microsoft got the idea of making it worse and worse and worse, at a point was common to find all sorts of trickery to keep yourself on the older versions as long as you could.
And when microsoft ran out of ideas to make it worse, they bought skype.

y'all niggas gay

In contrast to those of us that miss MSN because of the huge amount of actual social interaction.

I never used MSN for the dirty stuff, why would one.

Me too. I was a shy kid who didn't talk to anybody in the classroom yet they all added me on msn and had normal conversations with me online. I used to spend hours just chatting and the conversation never ended.

Why are Facebook messenger and other new alternatives so different from that?

I played emily is away and the nostalgia fucked me so hard I went back to chat with girls I had as friends for 10 years on facebook.

you know the rules.

same, life was way better as a highschool normie

same here

Attached: 2d90373336f2b491ad00c03a81e26c3a.jpg (1260x1714, 243K)

It's fine
No, turned out I was just infatuated and she became an ugly, annoying liberal so I don't even regret.

>tfw same but only a week and a half

>tfw I still use my hotmail account
Every time I give my email I get weird looks

This. I've never used Facebook messenger or really anything else like that. Used to log on every day and just chat with different people. Once MSN went I just don't really use anything like that anymore.

I think it's something about the 1 on 1 nature of the chat that makes it much more private. In Facebook you have your fucking wall and feed that people can see and it's more of a group thing, yuo know social media cancer. Sometimes Whatsapp is named as a social media app but idk why the fuck that is, it's really just a (group and single) chatting application

I honestly think it is the anonymity, lax moderation and the fact that moderation is mostly hidden that keeps me coming back.

There is nothing else like it. This place is run on a shoestring budget. It is commercialized. It doesn't have a team of idiots trying to change it to aim for more market share because investors want a return.

Everything about it makes it incredibly addictive. Sure, you have to sort through a lot of shit, but at least you get unfiltered opinions, not opinions from idiots trying to make a name for themselves or trying to impress the mods. I'm going to go through intense withdrawal symptoms when this place finally closes down.

Yeah MSN was based. Now we basically have Facebook Messenger instead which is shit. or WhatsApp on mobile which isn't actually bad but is owned by Facebook so fuck that.

I honestly don't understand why nobody other than Apple can develop a PC/tablet/mobile multi-platform messaging solution.

iMessage isn't perfect but it is fucking good. Why do Google and Microsoft keep fucking things up with Gtalk, Hangouts, Allo and Duo, Skype, Teams, etc?

All we fucking want is a messaging app we can install on all the major platforms with E2EE and decent rich media features for all the normies.

We basically have it from smaller entities with Wire and Signal so why the fuck can't Google or Microsoft just buy one of the decent ones and push it so it becomes the world-wide standard??

Whatsapp is working on this, I think.

Seriously kid just kill yourself you're not funny

Telegram. It just werks. You can use usernames too so you don't give out your phone number even. It has stickers, calls, files, everything.

Get a load of this boomer.

reported

To those who miss the MSN experience: Install an XMPP server ( i use Prosody) with OMEMO encryption and use gajim as desktop client (Conversations/Chatsecure on mobile)

Over time everyone disappeared from MSN. Only to find out they ended up jewbook.

that's microsoft for you

I miss WinXp + Bifrost + ICQ
>create a server.exe in Bifrost and encrypt it
>use standard WinXP .JPG icon via reshacker
>send it as "DSC0722.JPG.exe" via ICQ
>ICQ displays "DSC0722.JPG" + the JPG icon to the other user
>the other user accepts the file - badum tss - he is infected

unbelievable how easy it was 10 years...if only I was older than 14 years and could have used all the chances that were available....

It's alright all things considered.
>tfw no gf