Illegal stuff

During these summer vacations, I will learn programming and how to use linux effectively.
I'll be trying to create a completely secured text-based communication system, fully encrypted, on a small scale.
I'm thinking of using a bunch of raspberry-pi to test stuff and code this communication system.
However the reason why I want to make such a project is because I will engage in conversations about completely illegal activities.
Is there any reason to think there are spying tools installed by default on these pieces of hardware, like intel does in its CPUs ?
tl:dr : Is there spyware on raspberry-pi's ?

Attached: 770A5842-1612x1080.jpg (1612x1080, 133K)

Fuck off nigger

Good job on tipping off authorities. If they didn't know about you engaging in illegal activities before they sure as hell do now. With 4chans history you better believe posts like this will be flagged. So if you weren't a target on their radar before, you are now.

I'm probably already flagged, just answer the question

>I'll be trying to create a completely secured text-based communication system
>I will engage in conversations about completely illegal activities.
...you've had all this trouble to hide it just to share the fact that you're engaged on illegal activities with the world?
Seems like a smart move.

Are you fucking retarded, it's not about them knowing if I am engaged in such activities, it's about them being able to prove it through court of law, or knowing which exact activity it is.
You're not helpful, and you're talking nonsense.
Is this website only populated by shills and 9 year-olds ?

It really doesn't matter if there's a spyware hidden on the cpu or not when you're such a brailet.

>brailet
Can't even spell correctly. You're wasting everyone's time.

Just stop trying, no one cares about your CP chat room anyway.

The point is that you're making it way easier for them.

who cares when they literally can't decrypt what we exchange ?

>Encrypt your messages
>Send them in any channel
>Decrypt them in an offline computer
>*Illegal stuff happens here*
>????
>Profit

There you go

You, apparently. I'm not the one asking Jow Forums for help just because I'm afraid of spyware.

No practicality whatsoever

You're not making any sense, stop wasting my time

Double dubs confirmed

Well you want practicality or security? Those are usually mutually exclusive

Stop using pre-made sentences to sound smart, it really is counter-productive to what you are trying to achieve

Here's my idea for a secure network
Turn off your phones and tech
Walk outside without it and meet

Attached: 1529859275756.png (450x418, 193K)

Venci pederas

He's not wrong tho.

You are mixing up general rules of thumb and their actual applying IRL, this cunt is just trying to sound cool and knowledgeable and doesn't want to lose face after i pointed out his idea was silly

you don't need to buy anything, first write your prototype and test using virtual machine or docker.
Encryption is a complex subject and it's going to be very difficult to master in just a summer, even worse if you have no programming experience.

>declare illicit intent publically
even assuming OP is actually behind seven proxies so his post won't be linked to him and providing probable cause for the authorities to come in, that just ensures that no one will spoonfeed his ass
especially when all he really wants is secured IRC, which is a solved problem

I have limited experience, but I'm good at maths. I've already programmed a simulation of trajectory of space debris around massive objects. Imma just remind you that this is very small scale, and is a starter project.

>Asking a yes or no question is demanding spoonfeeding

Are you literaly retarded ? You're just craving for fake internet outrage, even on fucking Jow Forums ? Go back to Twitter you asbsolute moron

so.. instead of talking about technology we're just going to act like paranoid retards

the sad state of Jow Forums, cancerous kids everywhere

>Asking for genuine advice through a simple question is being a cancerous kid
the absolute state of boomers

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 8K)

You do realize that this is a thread made by a guy who thinks a cpu manufacturer might be spying on him, right? What did you expect about a thread like this?

So what exactly are you doing, transferring illegal data over TCP/IP and then decrypting it on a raspi because PCs are backdoored?

garbage post user

yes

you think I should use another protocol ? I'm really not knowledgeable on these subjects

ITT summer fag calling people 9 year olds, getting mouthy, and demanding answers.

GTFO

>people
not even close

You will burn in heck, pedoscum

> "Is there spyware on raspberry-pi's"

This clearly indicates you don't even know the first thing about security and therefor shouldn't engage in trying to write this app, encryption isnt a magic tool, just use signal or some shit I don't even know because im not a degenerate who needs to hide every conversation I have

Then allow me to ask you what the first thing about security is ?

Oh, and
>Demoralization
nice try fag

Illegal = pedo and degenerate
I'm not a mind reader but if it's the first thing that comes to your mind maybe you're the one with a problem here

if you dont already have sufficient experience in programming and using linux, then let me tell you that you will be dissapointed by the result, and also that it will be unlikely that the result will be an appllication that can be used to establish a secure communication system.

raspberrys have arm processors and as far as i know there is no such thing as sypware hidden in the processors microcode. 99.99 % sure that there is no spyware located in pi.s hardware.

some more interesting questions : what operating system will you be running on the pi.s? which language do u plan on using, java ? (should be the easiest choice for a beginner if you plan on a working result) can you be more specific on what exactly you are trying to accomplish? protip : keep all the illegal stuff on the pi, they are cheap and throwing them away wont hurt you, also you can easyly pull out the memory card and get rid of it if necessary.

Make sure to use RSA so the Nigger Security Agency can assist you

you will waste your time, try to train birds and use them to deliver little notes instead

he has a point about you having no business trying to create a safer-than-current-solutions crypto messaging tool if you're asking Jow Forums about Linux/ARM being backdoored

lol. edgy af

Thanks for this actual response.
I have been using linux since 2015 but mostly noob distros like ubuntu and debian, I don't know yet which specific distro I'll be running on the pi. I think that I'll be using python as I've read that it's not too complicated and also a powerful language.
What I am trying to do is create a program which allows to exchange rapidly and safely (through encryption) files, however I will be beginning with a simple text-exchanging tool as first steps.

Go use your totally 100% secure unaudited solution that certainly has absolutely zero exploits, I'm sure that will work fine.

Keep telling me there's no point in trying if it makes you feel better about your lack of achievements in life
the point was not edginess, I just accepted what he said : "I'm already flagged anyways" and moved on because there would be no point in debating over such irrelevant things, just a waste of time

You got a lot of actual answers, it's just that you ignored the ones who didn't say what you wanted to hear.

Well the only things I needed to hear after such a basic question:"Is there spyware on raspberry-pi's ?" were "yes" or "no", so all other answers really were uncalled for

>Keep telling me there's no point in trying
Never said that, it's just that you're doing this pretty poorly.

Welp I've got my answer, thanks Thread is now useless, bye

K, here's the real answer: no one knows.
As far as we know there isn't, but we also didn't know about IME a year ago.

But it doesn't matter at all, why do you think it would?

dont even try and talk to it, its too stupid to understand what an audit is.

dont use python, its a horrible language that is shilled way too much, the dynamic typing will teach you shitty habits. java will be a much better choice for a newbie, also considering your project. working in python with more than 1000 lines of code becomes a nigthmare. as an ide i suggest using eclipse-jdt, you will be comfy.

before you start doi ng anything look up for similar software, maybe there is already an open source solution of which you can use parts. dont try to write encryption algorithms on your own, copy / mimic algorithm of your choice instead.

what you want is a program that can exchange files with other peers that are encrypted or do you just want to share encrypted messages, like in a chatroom? is there supposed to be a peer to peer connection or are the files supposed to be shared with other who use your application? i still struggle to understand what the working end product is supposed to look like.

for secure communication you will be required to look into networking and get a proper understanding of protocols and stuff.

for testing out the security of your application, kali comes with a lot of tool that can help you, might look into that aswell.

It would matter because if spying tools were installed on these raspberries, it would nullify the utility of encrypting software anyways

There's no point having FDE on an always-on system.

this

okay, I'll try and use java instead.
I will begin by making a simple chatroom, then I will add the ability to share file through peer to peer and also remote server storage for permanent accessible files. So the final product would be divided into these three categories.

I'm kind of a big deal here: the post.

also
>I have limited experience, but I'm good at maths. I've already programmed a simulation of trajectory of space debris around massive objects.
Jesus christ. This reminds me of the poor souls from my uni who proudly put shit like 'designed and implemented an XML parser in C++' in their resumes after graduating.

OP, have you considered asking your question on lainchan? You might find similar-minded folks there.

I'm not going to use FDE, the encryption is only required when the files transit between two devices

Don't know what lainchan is
Also don't worry about me, I may sound arrogant and whatnot but it's really not the intent, I know this will take time and is a complicated task.
also
>I have limited experience, but I'm good at maths. I've already programmed a simulation of trajectory of space debris around massive objects.
This was not for boasting, but just to show that I am not a complete inept, what the user I was replying to was implying.

that's even worse.

why ?

Isn't that literally what P2P does ?

>It would matter because if spying tools were installed on these raspberries, it would nullify the utility of encrypting software anyways
this whole thing is pointless anyways op, sorry to break it to you.

You don't even know what I am trying to accomplish, how can you know that it is pointless ?

i assume that you will be using tls then and stack more encryption on that. how do you plan on managing the encryption keys, since this will be where the safety comes and falls. dont hardcode the encryption mechanism in your finished program, something like loading the necessary components on runtime will prevent your application encryption beeing useless and you facing struggle if someone decompiles you r program.

for the chatroom you will need a server, you will need to host it somewhere, same for the storage. keep these things seperated if possible and far away from anything that can be traced back to you. the security wont be only important for the application but also the server.

you will need to create measure to destroy the data very quick and reliable.

beeing as paranoid as possible about every small detail is what might keep you out of prison.

You should not be asking if raspberry pi is secure, you should be searching about possible backdoor or vulnerabilities on the ARM processors used on the device.
Keep in mind, there isn't such thing as a secure device, shit like Meltdown and Spectre pops up from time to time and there could be unkown vulnerabilities around.
Also encryption isn't always the problem when doing illegal shit, because, the human factor will be the first thing targeted, like how silk bay owner got busted the moment he mounted his encrypted shit at a library.
You could minimize this though, design your software around being compromized, like, an app looking like a fart app unles you do some motion on screen very precicesly without feedback of not getting it right and some wipe on screen to unmount-logout kind of kill switch, or "press volume + 3 times to self-destruct" kind of behavior.
Sorry english is not my first language.

look into sshtalk by 2ton digital

>closed source broadcomm bootloader
Yes it's full of backdoors

>how can you know that it is pointless ?
you're worrying about pointless stuff and ignoring stuff that you should worry about.

Today, on world's dumbest criminals!

Fucking dumbass 35 year old pedo. How stupidly naive can you be? You think authorities won't just barge in your house one day and seize everything at gunpoint?
Fucking beta wet wipes type of men.

venci kill yourself be deba

Why do you all think this is about CP ?

>guy on Jow Forums saying that he's making a chat for illegal activities
who would not think that this is about cp?

Okay you've all finally convinced me, I'll just create my own obscure monolithic OS from scratch and create my own programming language to go along with it.
Assembly FTW

Jow Forums has not been CP for many years, the pedos have retracted to the deep web or more obscure chans

Because if you're trying to spread encrypted text, there are fantastic readily available products and services. Hell, you got your real answer early - meet in real life.
Provided you don't look like the complete balding egocentric creep you sound like.

yeah but it's still pretty easy to associate Jow Forums with pedos.

now we're talking.
try to get some tips from god, heard he likes that kind of stuff.

I don't look like this at all, but I try do to merge with the local populace of Jow Forums ;)

You're just sitting at the tip of your seat, spamming "Update", aren't you? Despite saying "found my answer, bye".
Your written pedantry is offputting. Why are you so eager to do this? Where the hell do you even come from that you want to hide from the authorities like that?
Some ex soviet shithole, I presume. Bulgaria? Albania?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x1000, 59K)

Lqgai si venci 6iban psihopat takuv

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

NSA laughing while this britbong underage summerfag gets mistaken for a balding bulgarian pedo

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

The raspberry pi has binary blobs. Some of the files in the /boot partition are necessary proprietary firmware. The arm core is bootstrapped by the vc, which is the GPU, which is also running non foss code iirc. The pi is a nice Plattform. I develope embedded applications using the cm3 and a industrialized/extended temperature range pi clone. Oh. And the raspberry pi foundation kernel is shit

Is that, like, reverse pedophilia?

the funniest thing is, he probably isn't even a pedo, just an autistic/introvert stem freshman who has heard about anonymous and now wants to discuss throwing down the government with his internet friends

Samefag

Real answer here, Thinkpad x60 with libreboot, running openBSD, ssh using public keys and cat/echo into a text file.

These binary blobs shouldn't be a problem, I'm not keen on writing the literal drivers manually

going from 30$ raspberry-pi to 2000$ laptop
cool advice m8

>going from a $30 backdoored hobbyist device to 30 years in jail

wow are you FBI or something ?

But your pi boots from those :-(
Isn't there a Linux capable risc v thing coming? If you want to go full tinfoil, I have seen Ethernet done on an fpga.

cuidado. peluca naranja nos vigila.

Attached: canadians laughing.jpg (499x449, 39K)

/thread

No, but my brother is a janitor and can literally see people's IPs.
Stop using smartphones to tick the unique poster counter.

spooky shit
a fpga seems like a good option, thanks

>These binary blobs shouldn't be a problem

Attached: G7aOI_XV_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>These binary blobs shouldn't be a problem
user...