What does Jow Forums think of distributed social networks? Are any of them worth using over botnet social networks?

What does Jow Forums think of distributed social networks? Are any of them worth using over botnet social networks?

Attached: 1_UCQHwil3f0av0AWmafmdrw.png (589x421, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.rareome.ga/cgit/pleroma-disrespect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just use Jow Forums. Everything else is LGBT faggotry.

I wish I had friends.

fair enough, this is probably the wrong place to ask

fpbp

mastodon sucks
pleroma is betterâ„¢

use mastodon my fellow goyim, ok, pleroma is a hive of white supremacy and lies

Attached: Gargron-nose.jpg (460x460, 27K)

don't tell Jow Forums about the pleroma master race

what's the difference between the federation and the fediverse? I thought those were the same.

Federation is a principle of connecting independent systems. Fediverse is a collection of instances that communicate using OStatus-compatible protocols. All servers in fediverse can federate together if they want.

OStatus has been succeeded by ActivityPub

get a dog!

activitypub was a mistake

Nazism and abuse isn't tolerated. As it isin't a centralized network, there are different servers which might not be someone's cup of tea, but one server doesn't define the behavior of the software as a whole. The developers have nothing to do with racist or homophobic politics.

>damage control post
Jow Forums will take over the pleromaverse

too late, Jow Forums owns pleroma now

activitypub is better than OStatus at the very least

>people unironically think this

>social network

I need no such thing. I have contact information of my friends and Jow Forums. Why would I need anything else?

based lain will gas the kikes with us, he is the chosen one

he has been coding antisemitic hidden messages into pleroma since the beginning

Attached: 1506457418086.jpg (700x609, 79K)

pleroma dev here, can confirm.
it's 100% powered by white power

such as?

pleroma devs are def spreading the antisemitic messages

grep -Rin kikes ~/git/pleroma | wc -l

No, it's the smug pleroma weebs that post rare merchants.

Attached: merchant_evolution.jpg (1511x553, 286K)

pleroma $ grep -Rin kikes | wc -l

ok

wtf why did you scrub out all the comments?

it's a fresh clone, backend only tho

posting art is not a crime, good sir

I wish I had a girlfriend.

Nah lain's a guilt-ridden German who's still trying to pull the Mastodon audience and scoffs at the idea of explicitly developing Pleroma for reasons like "free speech". The software works, but don't expect the developers to stick their necks out for anyone here anytime soon.

The development team and Pleroma community is full of trannies and snowflakes, like xj9 and kaniini, and like a lot of other projects is ready to disavow anons the second they can. Eugen Rochko is also a cunt, but he's more transparent in this regard.

Attached: 1527108470179.jpg (820x1206, 233K)

From what I remember, only kaniini is playing the disavowal game. He is also in charge of implementing most of cancerous features, like mastodon-style message scopes or locked accounts.

Go to bed gitgud

hey, what's up, @[email protected]? postActiv still a pain in the ass to run, huh? How's Banter City?

[spoiler]I'll admit, Lain/Lambda has been getting soft over time. Like how he left the Gahnoo Social offtopic room and made it into a general Fediverse chat after some tranny drama. Though kaniini is a grade-A sperglord that should have stayed on the Mastoqueer side of the fence.[/spoiler]

Attached: le-alt-right-mutt.png (476x401, 138K)

>full of trannies and snowflakes
that's the modern day technology industry

There is pleroma-disrespect, maybe you'll find that appealing

git.rareome.ga/cgit/pleroma-disrespect/

its a more GNU/Social experience

I think all of their changes have been merged into mainline (as options)

>spoilers
>Jow Forums

hi thanatos

xj9 is /ourtranny/

sounds like half dead echo chambers

I personally enjoy being on the fediverse. However drama has made me not go on it for a day or two before. I have my own instance running Mastodon that I made in October of last year, and I recently made a Pleroma instance. I like both, and they each have their advantages and disadvantages. It's up to preference, really. I would suggest Pleroma if you plan on setting up your own single user instance since it's pretty lightweight. On the topic of the fediverse, it is kinda split up. On the left, you have the idiots over at smuglo.li running Pleroma, on the right, you have people who have no idea how the real world works that want a walled garden on safe space instances running Mastodon. From what I've seen they both hate Lain and Eugen equally at times. I find that kinda funny. I'm friends with both Lain and Eugen and I don't get any of the hate they get. Eugen has been getting tons of shit recently around some fork drama as some people who can't program a damn line of ruby to save their life are complaining that Eugen is enabling harassment towards minorities by adding features that can be "abused" (e.g. trending tags) and are now saying he's a selfish childish ass and on the other side, Lain and Kaniini are getting shit from dumbasses because they're accepting merge requests from others that contain new (however, flawed) features like locked accounts and "private" posts and now Pleroma is becoming some safe space software for SJWs, I guess. All of it is childish in my opinion and I find it petty from both sides. I try my best to stay in the middle, and not get involved. If you can stay in the middle and not get involved in some of the drama that happens every once in a while (it's not all that frequent to be honest.) I'd recommend it. Lots of nice people and I'm happy that I have made a lot of good friends. It's a hell of a lot better than Twitter in my opinion, but I haven't used that site since early 2017.

wew lads

Attached: feelings status - hurt.png (625x1830, 415K)