Has any tech company fucked up worse than Yahoo?

Has any tech company fucked up worse than Yahoo?

Attached: zkymjzzezx511 (1).jpg (700x650, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY
youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Plenty.

Yeah, Microsoft.

But they have so much money they can afford to.

Besides having Ballmer run MS for a decade, how did they fuck up?

>What is Xerox

enron

>Enron Corporation was an American energy, commodities, and services company based in Houston, Texas.
>tech company

they used technology to create energy, commodities, fraud, and services in Houston, Texas, obv

The "ron" in Enron stands for "techronogy"

Attached: B2FF6762-26BF-49DF-B353-15C23CA766E0.jpg (1024x706, 51K)

>implying Yahoo wouldn't have ran google to the ground if they bought it at any stage
Considering how stupid Yahoo is, they would most likely just eat Google and kill its brand, absorbing whatever search engine tech they had at the time into their own, deny any research into machine learning, neural networks etc. until some filthy rich company did it first (which, I'm fairly sure, nobody would actually risk it, considering everyone with a search engine is mimicking Google's tech YEARS after Google already did it), which would cause the whole search engine market to stagnate and we'd be stuck using garbage search engines, just try shit like searx and tell me the results are satisfactory, they're not, they're utter shit

Fuck Yahoo, it's a miracle they still exist given how fucking redundant they are

Maybe Nokia?

I think they had everything to be as rich as Apple is today.

every hardware and software decision after the xboxFat and XP respectively

>yahoo would have destroyed google
Can you imagine how based that timeline probably is?

>they would most likely just eat Google and kill its brand
So?

>absorbing whatever search engine tech they had at the time into their own
Which is good, since that was all Google was at the time.

>deny any research into machine learning, neural networks etc.
Good, those are utter memes.

At least their CEO was good fap material.

Attached: img-marissamayer1_160141420863.jpg (1800x1200, 498K)

Wait until you hear her laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY

yikes lol

XP introduction was their peak, not even Xbox.

R.I.P. boner

xbox 360 was a major success

They're currently peaking and their server tech and services are currently contender for best.

buhuHUHUbuHuhbhuBUHBhbbuUHuhbUHBHuhbuhBUHBuhbuhbUHBUh

>are currently contender for best
might want to look at garner magic quadrant again, they may be #2 but are faaaar away from eclipsing AWS

This

Say what you want about Ballmer it wont change the fact that some of Microfucts best tech was realized during his watch.

You mean like the Zune or the Kin?
Oh wait, maybe you're talking about Windows Phone.

Attached: 1529478216834.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Amd during 2 previous ceos. From $90 or something for a share to $2. Had to sell fabs. Had to sell mobile division which is now 10 times bigger than amd.

twitch?

>be twitch
>get acquired by amazon for over a billion
>mass adoption

what seems to be the problem?

>any relevant researcher in the tech industry works for you
>revolutionary tech is being invented by your employees like sand on a beach
>your employees leave taking all the research with them
>all your former employees create billion dollar companies with your inventions
>you have nothing besides printers

Attached: 250px-Xerox_Logo_2008.svg.png (250x113, 10K)

Is there a documentary on this? I had no idea.
Also how weren't Xerox suing people who did this?

>miracle they still exist given how fucking redundant they are
Tech-illiterate grandparents that have been using their email service since the '90s and their other services simply because they're tied to the email service?

I heard that if you play her laugh backwards, it reveals yahoo's source code.

>Microfucts
Zune and Windows Phones were both top notch products. It was business failures after Ballmer that caused their downfall.
I see you failed to mention Windows 7 arguably to this day the best overall proprietary OS to ever be manufactured. Ballmer had a hand in that too.
The biggest downfall of Microsoft in general all occurred after Ballmer left. Its all the current CEOs fault including the Windows phones he pissed down the drain.

this is the technical foresight Ballmer had, and why Windows Phones and the Zune failed miserably:
youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

>no keyboard lol
He underestimated the common normie. Seems like something Jow Forums would have done as well.

Is this a serious post? The company is doing far better financially under Nadella than Ballmer and has a much better public perception.

Take off your nostalgia colored glasses. Windows XP was about as graceful as a dog who just took a sticky shit scraping its ass all over your freashly cleaned carpet. It's one of the worst operating systems I've ever had the displeasure of maintaining in a corporate environment. Driver issues, Windows rot, and random blue screens are the tip of the turdberg. The UI was also the ugliest damn thing I ever liad eyes on. Windows 2000 had a few of the same issues but wasn't as ugly and hard to use. From there it took Microsoft nearly a decade to get their shit together. They released Windows 7 and after a couple years of updates it was somewhat stable. Then they threw that away in favor of shitty tablet UIs and flat trash in 8.1 which was only made 100x worse in 10. Now they bloat it up with candy crush and shit and manage to make even worse.

Attached: fuckit.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Exite flopped pretty hard

Unironically this.
Nadella is turning Microsoft around bigly.

That laugh is really cute

Looking at this picture, Yahoo fucking up so many times makes sense now

popular ≠ good

What defines good? Seems like that's subjective

i want to tickle her mercilessly

Marissa is def a qt

Attached: 1024px-ABCNews_Pre-White_House_Correspondents'_Dinner_Reception_Pre-Party_-_13927310340.jpg (1024x1539, 460K)

I've heard it. I still want to fuck her.

can you list the issues with their e-mail service?

>bad spam filters
>they snoop on your details
>having @yahoo.com

It`s "Yahoo answers" that keep Yahoo alive

I think Tumblr is the right answer

so there aren't any real problems.

You're a moron. Zune died long before Ballmer left and Windows phone died when he was given the boot, because it was a failure to launch. Why? Because Ballmer missed the boat on the shift to mobile, just like Intel did, and they both tried to get in on it afterward and they both failed miserably at it.

Bad spam filters are a pain in the ass if you have a good address and people use it to sign up for shit. I get sooo much spam, even with aggressive spam policies. I think Gmail does it much better.

Basically the only people that actually use Yahoo search now that Firefox no longer sets it as default are people who get duped into installing Yahoo browser extensions by shitty freeware installers.

It's the same for pretty much all free webmail services. I prefer having it all come in and I sort them out myself. It's becoming ever more fiddly these days as they're pushing people to use IMAP over pop3.

Even the AIDS guy from apple used Xerox's concepts. Not sure about any documentary

rip yaloo

shitton of small and medium sized companies that forgot backups, expanded too fast or for the sake of expanding or had shit recruitment (like most)
Sun
soon enough: IBM
Also, you forgot the part where Yahoo let themselves rip off by Graham

>spent $6b to acquire broadcast.com from Mark Cuban
>broadcast.com doesn't even exist anymore
>only reason it's still in business is because it invested in Alibaba early on
>it's market cap is literally it's stake in Alibaba. the value of Yahoo's operations is literally negative
wew

this

>rich
>qt
>autistic tech godess
i dont see the prob shes got a bridget jones diary feel to her oddball charm

The 2008 Microsoft deal was including Yahoo Japan and Yahoo's Alibaba stake.

>tfw no qt gf with autistic laugh

Attached: 1526602752369.jpg (350x350, 31K)

>tfw work at yahoo

Attached: 1521861280724.jpg (501x501, 14K)

Yahoo Japan is still super popular.

It's not yahoo, they just license the brand.

Altaba is the new name of the actual "Yahoo" company, and Verizon bought everything including the name, except for the Alibaba stakes and Yahoo Japan, which they now license the name of to Altaba

>Even Yahoo Japan is now slipping to Google, now no.4 in Alexa ranks
lol

Attached: image.jpg (775x436, 21K)

does yahoo work for george soros?

like nails on a chalkboard

>rika-tier laugh

I wonder how many cocks she's had to suck to get into that position.

You think Ballmer was a fuck up? Really? All I wish is this fat bald man back. The pajeet is destroying everything slightly good Microsoft has ever done to humanity.

>what is Silicon Praire

Wrong, I've listened to that video four times now and it makes me smile every time. I want to hear it in real life.

>xbox quickly descends to shit after bill leaves
>win phone gets tortured to death and botnet 10 after steve leaves

It will only get worse.

The post is about fuck ups, the Xbox 360 was by no means a "fuck up"

give me a quick rundown on xerox

WTF I LOVE YAHOO NOW?

Also kodak and digital camera