How many VM's are you running and what are you using them for Jow Forums?

How many VM's are you running and what are you using them for Jow Forums?

Attached: vbox.jpg (505x291, 13K)

1. Gentoo

Attached: Pope.jpg (540x393, 17K)

1 android
so my phone works without being a shitty iphone

reminder that you can try any distro using LXC containers. VMs are being deprecated

>not booting directly from virtual disk
Pleb

1, just for Discord. I don't want that botnet anywhere near my stuff and the normies I talk to refuse to switch to Riot or Rocketchat (to be fair feature-wise Discord is better).

What about networking scenarios? Will look more into LXC though

Free BSD.
To get the unix experiance.

why won't gen z use irc anymore?

nothing
i'm not a numale

it's automatic, just use
sudo systemctl start lxc-net.service

it's a bridge that connect the 2 network namespaces (host and container), dhcp is also automatic, all traffic to internet is masqueraded, btw virtualbox use it to enable networking for its VMs

>systemd

>"look guys! I am the retard in this thread!"

LDAP
Internal DNS and dhcp
Public dns 1
Public dns 2
Confluence
Jira
External wordpress
Nextcloud
Mail server
Mumble

So, 10.

Discord is easy, has VOIP, and embeds memes into the chat.

Attached: 1528499344012.jpg (666x488, 74K)

where the fuck does this bitch get Polaroid film in 2018?

best buy

Link for that Jira download friend?

LXC should be used for most things, but it does have limitations of course. Hosting BSD or Windows for example. You need full virt for such things.

You question doesn't even clear.. I at the moment, I don't running any vm, in the past I've had running 7 vm to practice checkpoint lab.

Just a couple of vagrant machines, I dont like to install every single dependency on my main drive

Unlicensed? Wouldn't know, we actually paid for ours...

Pfsense
FreeNAS
Ubuntu for mumble, plex, and the odd game hosting
Windows sometimes

Usually its only pfsense and the Ubuntu vm running unless I need to back up my stuff

similar to me

>Firewall
>ns1
>ns2
>Reverse proxy
>Spamfilter
>LDAP, DNS
>E-mail
>Nextcloud, Roundcube
>Mumble, XMPP
>MariaDB

Try steam beta client. Chat literally now has all those features built in

I noticed that. The one thing I don't like about it is that you can't delete messages. I know Discord keeps every message you delete anyway, but being able to delete them so others can't read them is nice.

hello user.
let me tell you something. Real men don’t use VM’s.

Attached: 6F02E933-EF4A-42A9-A8F4-52CFD8FC1C7C.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

1. various scripting environment on debian
may add some statically-typed one on that vm later on

>discord

Why exactly do you need a VM to use discord though? Just browser VPN should be enough, if you're so paranoid.
Also you can use slack or irc, if you don't like riot so much.

Discord tries to enumerate and phone home on your browsing history and other applications installed or running on your computer. A VM is an easy way to confine an untrustworthy application to its own little sandbox where it can't see any of the other stuff you do on a computer.

I noticed on a machine where it's running on bare metal, even with all the privacy settings turned off it was still collecting data about games played. So now it lives in a VM on the few computers I install this spyware on.
>Also you can use slack or irc, if you don't like riot so much.
Good luck getting gamers to switch from a platform that just werks to literally anything else. Discord is just too simple and works too well. Though there is a project working on bridging Matrix to Discord, Everything but VOIP currently works.

pervasive retardation

you know you can use containers inside VMs, right? also, containers are not as secure as VMs