3rd year CS

>3rd year CS
>have to do World History final tomorrow
Where did it all go wrong? I hope the degree is worth it. This is a waste of time. I could learn more by myself at home.

Attached: 1527265013114.jpg (269x328, 98K)

Why do americans have to take so many irrelevant courses?

"liberal education"

lol no wonder americans are getting their jobs stolen by indians who spend 2 years on shitty colleges that are basically diploma mills

Because you're not going to a trade school. You're learning to be an educated citizen.

math/algorithm classes make sense. world history does not. either you learn that shit in high school or you just don't bother. that's a waste of time at this point in his life

if they were teaching basic economics or had a more political oriented class, you'd maybe have a point. even then, that kind of stuff should've been taught in high school as well

Fuck off AACU.

Because high schools stopped teaching stuff so the niggers wouldn't fail and drop out.

>learning the history of how kings literally destroyed other nations through deception is useless
>learning how a multifaceted organization like the Catholic Church demonized the middle east and enslaved the entire western world is useless
>learning how Napoleon got too greedy and got snowfucked while attempting to invade Russia is useless
You're a smart one

i feel ya OP

doing my last UPPER DIVISION ELECTIVE which is some online faggot music course over the summer. It's the easiest shit ever. Computer Engineering student here.

If you're not capable of learning basic world history, then how would you be capable of learning pretty advanced math or computer science?

Just wrote a psyc motivation final. Absolute horse shit, didn't go to a single class guessed most of the exams and will probably pass. Fuck university its a scam

you either learn it in highschool or it's too late

it's not about being capable of learning it, it's not justified after high school if it's not related to your specialty

of course he doesn't have much of a choice than to pay for that amazing world history class out of pocket.

people here are close-minded retards who can't comprehend anything that isn't about fucking computers

Attached: bluescreen.jpg (495x600, 242K)

>tfw taking drawing class over summer
>17/20 students are female
its a nice change of pace

Attached: 1528047971649.jpg (300x250, 23K)

The standards for what you have to learn to be an "Educated Citizen" are absolutely fucking bollocks these days

But god, coming from a shitty small town to a larger city to learn i'd rather have to deal with social justice idiocy and everything slowly turning into a social science pushing for political causes than live with townies who make small people drama any longer

You could say this about anything. If you can't cook an egg, how can you be expected to learn advanced computer science? That doesn't mean that it's a good idea to have egg-cooking in the advanced computer science curriculum.

This. Colleges used to require you to learn everything.

except this doesn't work these days, where workers need to be specialized more and more. if anything, learning "everything" means getting a grasp of databases, networking, algorithms etc which is what the good universities do. adding anything that isn't math/actual cs is bloating and wasting the time of students, which just brings them down in the end

there's themes that should be covered on high school, yes, but if the student didn't learn it by then, that's their problem

>CS course
>a fucking cripple a disgusting hambeast and a nigger dyke amidst 25 males.
>the cripple leaves
>the dyke leaves
>the hambeast is still around smelling like rotten popcorn every fucking day.

Then go to a trade school. You're getting a bachelors/masters, not a certificate. You're expected to be college educated.

kid, i have a masters. and i didn't have to take world history classes after high school was over to earn mine. this is just dragging american education down, whether you can see it or not

Turning colleges into full trade schools is brining education down. Imagine some retard having a degree from Harvard but doesn't know what a senator or congressman is.

>>learning how a multifaceted organization like the Catholic Church demonized the middle east and enslaved the entire western world is useless

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here

Attached: lgbt+AI.png (380x412, 303K)

>in college doing IT AA degree
>take programming classes
>4.0 in python but 1.5 in java
>struggled in php as well
should I just switch to networking

Uh, do I really need to know how to cook a damn egg or who the fuck my state's congressman is (which btw don't mean jack cause they're all crooked) just to repair a computer or setup a network for some small bis. I don't think so. To some extent taking a bunch of "bloated" shit classes just to prove "hey I can build/repair a computer or setup a working network" is a bunch of shit. Teach the core shit you need nothing else. That's what H.S is for, all the general type shit, which btw, most of it you won't use in the real world. College has a general type degree, call it "liberal arts" (some shit like that), means fuck all I know nothing specific as it pertains to the real world career choices I want to do. But it will get you a job cause "college degree" is a big selling point, no mater what in.

Because colleges don't want to be associated with brainlets. Basic humanities classes have incredibly low standards.

>but doesn't know what a senator or congressman is

Then his life is better off, and I truly envy that state of well-being.

continued: thanks to the sprawl of online "colleges" now you can prob get a nice fake degree that looks 100% legit. Long as you use it to get a mid level job and not some shit where they expect you to be a "god" type, know "everything" type deal you should have no problems. Take a job where all the responsibility for high level decisions are made above you. Let someone else get the shit storm when things turn ugly.

>t. American
How come Europeans can study all that AND liberal arts on the side and stay classy?
Have fun becoming robots, then getting replaced by them, american'ts.

>when things turn ugly
You mean when they blame the junior with the fake resume? Who the hell do you think you're kidding?

>reeee why do I have to learn things
user I don't think higher education is for you

Attached: stacc.jpg (1920x1080, 46K)

Ummm, no. The only reason these mandatory arts classes are a thing is to stop the arts department from drying up. It is an internal politics thing.

> All the art department shitheads complain that they don't have enough students
> Dean: How about we just force some of our juicy CS students to take a few arts courses? We can just say that they need to be well rounded. Those retarded students will believe anything.