Will you?

Attached: w10.jpg (960x534, 287K)

>>not using Green Is My Pepper
>>unironically using GIMP trash
>Fucking freetards.

What did he mean by this?

Kek, I felt that too.

still better than the abomination photoshit is rn desu senpai baka

Get with the times, grandpa, or get left behind. Heh, nothing personal.

>ugly
let me know when you find a drill made out of rose gold
>buggy
then fix the bugs yourself, that's the point of free software
>crashes
then fix the crashes yourself, that's the point of free software
>will gimp ever get good?
i don't know, will you make it?

there is a reason why it is called gimp

Those reasons are purely sexual

Attached: 1428023829188.jpg (902x992, 123K)

fireworks don't look much better but i haven't learned how to use PS yet.

Just installed Gimp on a new box after a couple years and was impressed by the UI update.

Does it crash on windows? It's not unexpected, C isn't very portable.

Lately i wonder if this kind of threads are created not by trolls but by actual (under)paid shills.

No.

2.10 kicks m8. delete photoshop.

Indeed.

THIS MAY BE THE REASON

Attached: 674MB image.png (92x17, 3K)

Also the fact it’s called gimp is pretty creepy

maybe last century it was, its been available in primarily corporate repos for literally over two decades.

aaaaaaaa

Attached: dwld.jpg (530x800, 54K)

Why is it my personal responsibility to fix broken shit software? I am not even a coder. I am artist ffs. Asking me to fix it is like asking a plumber to engineer and build a television if they want to watch TV. This shitty attitude the FOSS community has that it is everyone's responsibility to code software and OSes if they want to use them is why FOSS fails. End users don't debug and code. The best we can offer is to use FOSS over proprietary solutions and provide feedback. Get the fuck outta here with the whole every end user needs to be the creator. Its clearly not feasible in the real world.

I will say this though. If I was a creator behind Gimp I sure as fuck would get the bugs worked out over adding shit no one asked for. All the average Gimp user wants is a few more features over Paint and software that isn't gonna crash. If keeping Gimp from crashing isn't feasible then some feature that constantly has a backup going to restore after a crash is the first thing Gimp creators need to get working on to make the software more reliable and competitive against proprietary solutions.

If you're an artist and can't logically describe the process of doing arts in a language then maybe you're just not.

Your response is a bullshit cop out and you know it.

>boo hoo I'm too lazy to improve a thing
>and too retarded to contribute
>but not too lazy to write a multiple paragraph hate rant on an imageboard about using gimp on a barely supported OS when I don't even comprehend the basics of code (or logical stepwise processes) involved in my own craft

Yeah, my response is the bullshit cop out.

It's not your responsibility to fix it, but you have no right to run around bitching about it when it's open source and you can assist in its development to make it less shit.

It's not like Photoshop where you can bitch about what you don't like because it's proprietary and you can't do shit.

Option 1: bitch about open source software not working how you want it to and look like a complete fucking idiot.
Option 2: acknowledge that it's open source and anyone can modify it to their own standards and do that instead of being a little bitch.
Option 3: ignore this post because you're a retard

GIMP is developed mostly by volunteers in their spare time, you can choose to participate if you want. With free software you can fix bugs yourself or you can get someone else to fix them, you can even pay them for their services too. Yes, this requires you to take personal responsibility for your own computing. If you don't want this then I would suggest not using a computer, if you can't take responsibility for the way you choose to do work then you don't deserve to be doing it.

>still crashes
Works on my machine.
>still buggy
Works on my machine.
>still ugly
That's just like your opinion, man.
>Will Gimp ever get good?
>Implying GIMP was bad
Adobe shill detected

Don't argue with freetards, they're a lost cause

No.

Use Krita if its for art. Darktable or Lightroom for photos or any of a half dozen other decent programs for photos. Photoshop can suck a dick with its bloated mess as well.

Attached: >.png (1920x1040, 156K)

I will stop being a freetard if adobe withdraws all their patents and stops using abusive EULAs

It looks fine-- just because it's used to make art doesn't mean it has to be a work of art itself-- and I've literally never once encountered a bug or crash in the years I've been using it.
2 peppers/10

Fix it, motherfucker. I had ZERO issues, I don't see any problem, so I CANT fix dis

Because it gimps your art skills and puts you in a wheelchair?

Attached: krita.png (1919x1052, 1.78M)

Attached: Install Gentoo7.png (1572x955, 623K)

Everyone here would for the Android upgrade, but unfortunately all I see happening in our lifetime is some wires going to the pleasure center of our brain and the devices being treated like being cocaine.

What bugs do you have

Considering it doesn't have a multi-billion dollar company like Adobe behind it, I'd say it's pretty good for what it is.

Retard question ahead...
Are all image processing software compatible with "drawing pads"? In this case, is Gimp compatible with it?

nice meme

Bed bugs.

Oof goteeem

>If keeping Gimp from crashing isn't feasible then some feature that constantly has a backup going to restore after a crash is the first thing Gimp creators need to get working on to make the software more reliable and competitive against proprietary solutions.
most recent GIMP is supposed to recover work if it crashes
that being said, they still haven't bothered to put in autosave, which is likely a more reliable solution

>Are all image processing software compatible with "drawing pads"?
at worst, you won't have sensitivity, because the tablet's being treated like a touch screen

>In this case, is Gimp compatible with it?
yes
Gimp has actual drawing tablet support with sensitivity.

Thanks friendo

>made in C
>uses all the Gnome libraries
here is why it's trash

C'mon Jow Forums, you should know better!

Attached: Screenshot_20180625_023151.png (2150x1364, 297K)

kek, underrated

>still ugly
Had better UI than photoshit since forever (and photoshit is considered good for some reason)
>still buggy
>still crashes
Never happened
Yes OP, you got me again with your shitty bait.

I'd love to hear why you think GIMP UI is better than PS, and what exactly is the problem with PS UI.

It never crashed and was very fast on windows. When they added script-fu loading started taking forever (because muh python), but still worked fine after it loaded.
To be fair my first and last attempt at using PS was in 2009, it lagged horribly and UI had a set of like 200 icons which aren't even remotely intuitive and if you pick any of them you will find at least 20 duplicates across the screen. I failed to achieve anything so I downloaded GIMP for the first time and got the job done in minutes.

Crashes less than popular alternative (photoshop. Basically all adobe software crashes 5 times a day)

That's funny, I have exactly reverse opinion about GIMP - can do anything I want quickly and intuitively in PS, and I'm lost when I look at GIMP.

>Will Gimp ever get good?
when they rewrite it with electron

It does not crash for me...

That's because you spent years of practicing and watching guides. In my case I approached both tools fairly for the first time and found GIMP's UI infinitely more intuitive.

Paint shop pro 7 mustard rice.

I spent about 30 minutes of watching guides. Pretty much the only thing I learned from a guide was an efficient use of "fill with foreground color" action, something last time I checked GIMP doesn't even have (it has a bucket tool which you have to use with modifier and even then it created weird artifacts around the selection).

That's what he said, GIMP doesn't crash. Really good software, blows PS out of the water while offering freedom.

Reading comprehension. PS does not crash for me.

right in the feels

Attached: 1515003087934.png (655x509, 42K)

*opens the window on your second monitor for no reason*

>find bug/festure you want
>pay a developer to fix/implement it
>feature is now in the program for all to enjoy
How is this a hard fucking concept to grasp? Nobody cares about your personal needs, you're not entitled to any of this. If you get it fixed it's fine, if you let it as is its fine too

jokes on you. i'm 23...