This was over $1900 for a DUALCORE. And people shit on Apple for their prices

This was over $1900 for a DUALCORE. And people shit on Apple for their prices...

Attached: thinkpad25.jpg (775x500, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UxQGhqF60zE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are there any modern Thinkpads worth buying? I conned my workplace into buying my current laptop for 600 bucks so I want to get a new laptop.

Attached: 6ftrightattheparty.png (902x721, 124K)

Imagine being the king of the business laptop and shitting on your goldmine to look more like daddy Jobs.

Oh wait that's what happened.

It's a special edition, it costs more because it's rare. We don't like it either

But still, new T and X series go for ~600 dollars and the prices drop by 100$ every year after it's release. You can' find t450 for 300$ brand new right now. Can't say the same for any mac or apple prodduct
And why would you need anything more than a dualcore on a laptop. It's a laptop, if you want to do some heavy procesing just buy a desktop PC. Laptops are made to be portable work machines, that's their only purpose

Attached: 18rbuco7br72ajpg.jpg (800x736, 66K)

It's cheaper to buy one of those new motherboards for an older model thinkpad.

In my opinion, yes. If you want modern hardware, ThinkPads are still among the best, even if Lenovo has made poor design choices in recent years. I purchased a T470 and it has been excellent. Sturdy, reliable, just like you'd expect, sensible array of ports and all that. No major issues aside from mild annoyance by those poor design decisions.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-24 20-27-48.png (734x499, 74K)

>not knowing about the 3-year on-site warranty

yeah, apple has a patent on taking advantage of fanboys

Literally everyone offers this as part of extended warranty now

youtube.com/watch?v=UxQGhqF60zE

They charge that much for "rarity" ?
It's a keyboard swap. That's all it is.

X1 carbon with the HDR screen or the P series are the only thinkpads worth buying in my opinion.

Does that shit even have a battery god damn.

>extended
What? At least in Europe and South America chinkpads offer onsite as the base warranty.

>We don't like it either
???

explain why those two, friend?

bezel is thicc af and no indicator leds. Fuck the new thinkpads. They literally stopped improving when the line was bought from IBM. x31 was the peak, a modded x230 is the last usable laptop. Absolute state of laptops

The more fanatics you have, the more you can charge for the stuff.

Anyone know of a good SSD secure wipe? I just bought a used thinkpad and I'm 100% certain it's infected.

X1 has the best screen and is very portable while the P series are good workstations. Anything else is just a mediocre middleground that don't excel at anything.

What about T Series? I like ports and I seem to remember T having more ports than the X1.

Yep. I've bought six at this point, about to order 4 more. They're really pretty good, and you get all the classic keyboards, screens, and thiccness.

T series has the same CPU as the X1 unless you opt for the housefire edition. And they don't have the same screen selection(even though there's zero reason not to). Personally I don't see any value in a wider port selection on a portable machine. If it can connect to a projector and a flash drive it's good enough in my opinion.

>hype up retro thinkpad that goes back to all the old features that are clearly superior to the shit we have now
>just slap some old spare keyboards on a nu-thinkpad, charge 2 times the price and call it a day
Fucking Lelnovo.

download a linux live iso and look up how to use the command "dd" to zero out the ssd

I bought it for the keyboard, which is great. Stay mad poorfag. I also have a MacBook Pro.

Also second hand Thinkpads aren’t really dirt cheap anymore, sellers are now aware there’s a cult around the Thinkpad and it’s not some soulless business machine they need to just rid of.

EL GOBLINO

its shit

>M-M-MUH CO-CO-COARZ!!1

It's funny how easily millenials are manipulated into buying anything, as if a product gives them a sense of identity.

You bought a "retro" Thinkpad? I call bait.

>millenials
More like literally any generation of people ever. People don't change.

My dad was given a thinkpad in 1995. Fucker still runs Windows 98 like a dream.

My dad is similarly uninterested in tech, but he smokes the same brand of cigarettes as he always has, and has driven Audis since before I was born.

I might invest in the new ryzen thinkpad, to get rid of the jew inside my thinkpad.

Not really, the prices of the xx20 and earlier models are increasing because the supply is running out. The corporate stocks that existed have all been liquidated. Now the xx30 and later models are being liquidated which means demand could remain stagnant for the xx20 and earlier models and the price would still be increasing.

Got the T480s two months ago with student discount. Real powerhorse with a good hidpi display. Keyboard probably isnt as good as on the regular T480 but way better than on any other laptop on the market.

Man is a creature of habit

It's some anniversary edition bs. I'd imagine a 'limited' edition fagbook would be at least $5k. Get throttled somewhere else

>"We took all of your community feedback that we asked for and painstakingly kept up with and threw it right out of the window to give you a mid-ranged laptop with a keyboard that people circle jerk about and charge a few hundred more for."
I like thinkpads, but fuck that thing. Lowest effort possible on years of active feedback and community interaction.

Attached: 1528759776249.jpg (362x366, 17K)

U dun goofed user, you should've waited for T480 which has 8th gen intel that are quad core ULV.

>Some shitty "retro" chinkpad
kek why the fuck did you buy it? Anyone would have told you it's dogshit and overpriced. The difference with apple is the constant shill threads for the same problems

Attached: costanza.jpg (200x200, 4K)

>Uptime: 5 hours, 49 minutes

Rock solid, bro

they just swaped the keybaord on a low-range laptop and charge it 2000$ as it's "rarity". It's useless shit, buying the new T class thinkpad will get you better specs and a better laptop for 3 times less the price. And the new keybaords are fine, still dominating all laptop keyboards out there. If you ask me, aside from the design of the keyboard the actual buttons, build quality and how they feel under the finger are better than the old ones. If Lenovo returned the old keybaord layout with dedicated buttons and kept the island layout with really deep button presses they would reach keyboard perfection. Now it's just really good buttons layed out realy badly

I meant who the fuck is "we"

that's nothing, chech this out
And this is without the extended battery, only two 6 cell batteries. If I added the 9 cell I could probably go over 11 hours

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-08 19-05-31.png (1365x767, 153K)

we - as in the thinkpad community

Shame about the Audis, just more expensive less reliable VWs

those are rookie numbers

Attached: 2018-06-25-102335_398x140_scrot.png (398x140, 4K)

Dell XPS are the new thinkpads.
Deal with it.

>But still, new T and X series go for ~600 dollars and the prices drop by 100$ every year after it's release. You can' find t450 for 300$ brand new right now. Can't say the same for any mac or apple prodduct
agreed
>And why would you need anything more than a dualcore on a laptop. It's a laptop, if you want to do some heavy procesing just buy a desktop PC. Laptops are made to be portable work machines, that's their only purpose
no. laptop cpus are not nearly as power hungry as desktop cpus and that speed is crucial if your dev team uses ides written in java or anything java for that matter (think jetbrains software). a dual core might be fine for casual shitposting but not for actual team environment.

Attached: 1527730554476.jpg (700x1286, 354K)

not running on battery power

>rookie numbers
I am running 7.5 hours on battery power fag

E > XPS

I've used to think the same, and purposefullt got the i7 T450 so that I could get better specs. I now do some circuit simulations, java and C++ on my laptop. None of those things are really power hungry and now that I think of I could've gone just fine with X220 laptops. Once you boot any minimalist linux OS you'll be fine even on 10 year old machines. Only if you'll do some heavy CAD simulations, numerical simulations and digital electronics will you need a good CPU. But in that case getting a quad is not enough
Dual core would do just fine for regular programing, text editing and soft simuations - and 90% of people in STEM do just that

oh, whoops

>not going for 5 years
The ThinkPad warranty service is just better.
>never have to talk to anyone
>just go on IBM Electronic Customer Care and file a ticket
>no questions ever asked
>they mail you a part if you want to replace it yourself, or if policy says you can't they just send a dude to your place to repair it in front of you

i suppose it's true for linux but running java software on windows was slow and sluggish.

Wait for A285

It was a limited edition for >muh classic keyboard autists.

It was total shit otherwise, an outdated 7th gen dual core i7 when 8th gen quad cores were already available, an outdated 940MX when MX150 was already available, etc.

I needed a laptop ASAP so I couldn't afford to wait for the T480. This machine meets my needs anyways, so while it is disappointing to miss out on getting something better, it doesn't really negwtively affect me in any meaningful way.

dude i got one of those as a birthday gift (rich family)

definitely not worth the price, though ofc that wasn't a concern for me. the thing by itself is really good.

>gnome

Attached: photo_2018-06-14_10-45-48.jpg (480x411, 15K)

>caring what software other people use

i guess you must like old gilfs, jesus 4.9 kernel is old as fuck.