Is this brand a meme?

Is this brand a meme?

How are they any better than Asus/TPLink/Netgear etc??

Attached: Ubiquiti_Networks_2016.svg.png (1200x1010, 48K)

Got edgerouter X because it was prosumer grade and did gigabit ethernet for

Best AP i've used.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (3840x2100, 385K)

>wpapsk
>not wpa2psk with AES

their devices are much more powerful and have more capabilities.. but you will lose quiet a bit of user friendlyness

almost enterprise-tier gear but (relatively) cheap

AES doesnt work on macs

Backdoor and botnet
Read the TOS

B-grade enterprise gear for consumer prices.
The APs have throughput that puts any ridiculous $400 tarantula looking AIW router to shame, and the wired routers are decent, though they get looked down on here for not being homebuilt monsters that can do VPN at 1Gbs+.

Fantastic thread OP, i am happy to shill them because they are fantastic in my workplace, although i dont know the model of AP, i was abble to make a memesterisk voip call under fourth floors in the building, althought i had experience only with tplink and dlink so probably i dont have enough experience to recommend one

Attached: 1464444483488.jpg (852x918, 146K)

I say this every time someone asks this: Ubiquiti is absolute SHIT, if you don't believe me then check out their support forum.

So are their "access points" just actual routers with a fancy name? Why not just call them routers?

OOOOOOOOOOO
Face to face
My reflection in your eyes
I was scared to say too much

Perfect strangers in perfect worlds apart
Almost close enough to touch

Staring at my shoes
Feeling so confused
Shot down without a gun
Victim of a hit and run
Won't you...
Call me
Caaaaall meeee-eee
No time to hesitate - we must communicate
Call me - call me
Won't you call this number nowwwww

Router is the European word for access point.

I don't think its meant to be your main router. I use it as a dedicated access point and pfsense on another device.

AP is just a wifi to wired ethernet bridge, i.e., you plug one into a switch or a LAN (switch) port on your router.

A router is the bridge between two or more networks (usually ethernet subnets), in the case of a home router your 192.168.x.x or whatever home network and the internet. An all-in-one home router usually is a switch, AP, and router, and usually does none of those functions very well.

People shill the Ubiquiti APs since they're only ~$100-$150 and get much better speeds and receptions than AIW routers costing more than twice as much.

Attached: HqceIhX.png (985x936, 130K)

>tfw asus router fucks with my phone
why

on 5ghz?

wew

Wrong...
Why would you just make shit up on the internet?

Both.
I lose internet when I unlock sometimes

Nice APs, meh routers.

It works sometimes on certain network equipment doesn't count as working in my book.

What do you recommend?
I live in the middle of nowhere, a place where ISP still uses broadband for Internet.
Lately my ISP have been telling me to upgrade my device, I'm currently using NanoStation 5, Signal Strength -51 dBm, Transmit CCQ 95%.
Should I upgrade to one of pic related?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-02-23_15-54-35.png (1184x573, 97K)

I used Xiaomi Nano Router.
I can get enough wifi signal (4/5 bar) on the second floor.

But my brother that's located in the second floor but in different room has wifi signal problem.

Should I upgrade to Ubiquity AP ?
Which model ?
Or should I upgrade to Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3?

Thanks in advance.

It's not a meme. Same goes for almost all enterprise tier networking equipment. Consumer tier networking equipment is a meme.

I like to use their biggest counterpart MikroTik's gear. Those two offer big bang for the buck enterprise tier networking equipment.

no. buy another nano, set as repeater.