Let's talk about graphics, Jow Forums

what do you work on? have you tried making games?

Attached: 15abde3c81505959f6d2610e3cdfbe51_XL.jpg (1024x444, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Dota-2-Initial-Mac-Vulkan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

fuck me

akariin

yes

i hate 3d graphics i think they're ugly. i wish i could into pixel art but i'm just not talented in that way.

i used opengl anyway. 3d is hard work and it never looks good anyway.

you need openGL for 2D or 3D graphics.

i used opengl for 3d when i was working for a gayme company. i would rather just use the linux framebuffer (/dev/fb not drm) and draw pixel by pixel.

that sounds incredibly retarded

Just use curses, text is comfy as fuck

Depends how you do the 3d

You guys need to stop using OpenGL. Apple deprecated it.

Install Vulkan

Attached: 1526948134471.png (898x790, 1.13M)

Attached: akari peek.png (328x520, 133K)

>apple

what other thing should be used then

You had a good point until
>Apple
If OpenGL is going to be deprecated, let the reason be Vulkan.

i'm one of those people who can do a lot of the programming stuff alright but when it comes to actually getting a good game idea and making something genuinely creative with it i'm lost, and i'd rather not put out garbage by releasing something so i just treat it like a little side hobby thing

Attached: myshit.png (1024x1024, 1.69M)

isn't immediate mode comfy?

Get employed then

Reminder that people who run macOS are not real people and their platform will not be supported if OpenGL is dropped.

Thank you for you time.

Attached: 1529219665627.jpg (450x424, 87K)

Why would you use anything else for games?

It's just decraped, stuff will continue to work
There's also that metal to vulkan translator thing, it's not that big of a deal.

*vulkan to metal, sorry.

brainlet detected

Attached: 1529840983632.jpg (1770x660, 503K)

How much performance do you lose? They're both next gen, same type of layers so I'm guessing the translation is pretty straightforward and fast.

uhhhh...
blue board?

I'm also interested about this, but this is pretty much the only decent comparison I could find:
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Dota-2-Initial-Mac-Vulkan

Apparently it performs better than opengl, but I'd like to see it compared to actual vulkan on a similar hardware.

Blue picture.

but it's a bagina

why would you use mac?

You have the skill that is sought after. That something genuinely creative is not going to give you money, unless you invest yourself some.

Attached: 1c06oIV.jpg (967x808, 185K)

I actually am. Went through my uni's 3rd year computer graphics course to learn something over the summer. I currently know how to do 2d stuff with interactivity, working on a small chicken-invaders type project before going to 3d.

Attached: openglproject.png (1716x927, 211K)

for fucks sake.