Are companies that use windows as a server completely retarded? Why do so many of them keep doing it?

Are companies that use windows as a server completely retarded? Why do so many of them keep doing it?

How to update something
>make sure shit is locked down and no one is using it
>remote desktop into the firewall
>remote desktop from the firewall into the server
>there are now seconds of latency so it's hard to wrangle anything
>use a WEB BROWSER to find and download a setup file
>click through a gui installer with great effort
>it doesn't work, basically no feedback about what's wrong
>what do you expect they make software for windows server
>have to call support and have them send you a teamviewer link so you can laugh at them trying to control the mouse cursor and also fail to install it

I'm sure there are way better reasons to hate windows server but even at this level this shit is so overtly ass-backwards to me. Is there any redeeming quality to this shit at all?

Attached: adjdfjf.jpg (990x1200, 143K)

Mostly because they're tied to MS Office.

According to my company, the OSes are all the same (then why don't we just use GNU/Linux???).

Yes, companies that are out of touch and uninformed about that 'weird open source stuff'. Who choose Microsoft because it's "enterprise" enough for them.

Why would you need to run office on a server?

That's not how that works dumbass, have you ever had a job?

3 letter companies use Wangblows/Exchange email servers. you are not smarter than them, they would use Linux/BSD if it was better or more secure.

Corporate decision-making is generally done by the worst of the worst, and yes, that's why they're using Exchange

that is not true. with all the resources that they have they can't afford to put national security at risk. we are talking top secret military projects here. and no single person makes those decisions, it's a team.

>3 letter companies
>fully embracing a system where phoning software developers and making them install their software is common practise

that isn't really very surprising but I don't really see how something is better just because a large corporate entity thinks it's fine. They usually make choices based on whether they have someone to phone and complain to

Excel tied to SQL

you mean the government and its contractors? yes, microsoft hired enough lobbyists to get requirements for its software written into the federal regulations - and teams (especially those composed of people unintelligent and untalented enough to be promoted to executive roles) generally make worse decisions than individuals, because no one is accountable

>3 letter companies

>that is not true. with all the resources that they have they can't afford to put national security at risk
I think you are confused, m8

NSA/FBI/CIA/DoD are not "large" companies, they are the epitome of cyber offense/security. they have an open door in literally every major company out there, everyone is their bitch no matter how much you want to believe the opposite. you can't just pay them to use your shit despite the fact that it could put everyone on this planet at risk. also "proprietary" loses its meaning when you are given the source code which gets auditted by hands down the most intelligent and prosperous God-tier programmers out there.
you havent made a single point.
read the first paragraph, just the military funding in US that is below 3% GDP which is 1 trillion. there's not a single company on this planet that could make that kind of contract. the entire worth of Microsoft and Apple combined is just a rounding error for the annual US budget, it's pennies. would you risk your entire life for a mere +0.005% a year? didn't think so.

yeah, *agencies. you get the point faggot.

>the most intelligent and prosperous God-tier programmers out there
they're paid for their willingness to do evil in secret, intelligence is secondary at best

NSA/FBI/CIA/DoD
>God-tier programmers out there.
Thanks for the laff, the only one of these to hire programmers of any skill level would be the NSA and they would still be mostly data scientists and not really of any higher skill than normal. They just don't need it to do the work they do. I know they all orginise themselves pretty much entirely though Microsoft outlook though which is... well it's something. But it outlines how normie they really are.

they don't choose people that are just out there. it is a very in-depth background check. you are just trolling or pretending to be retarded if you really think that they'll hire anyone with a questionable loyalty.
I guess all the stuff that was leaked was found out and exploitted solely by "normie" Microsoft Oulook users and retards like youself with 90's stinky chicklet thinkpads, Arch, i3 and vim enthusiast ricers. both FBI and CIA had critical remote 0days for every possible OS/webserver/email server and a fucking washing machine out there.
also DoD is directly responsible for almost every fighter aircraft sensor/RTOS that exists in which you wouldn't even understand a single line of code. you are retarded.

reading some other random stuff about microsoft, made me think: what if MS is fucking with updates to force its own users to use other OSes?
this is not a joke, btw. I mean, who in the right mind would have an updates system so retarded, it randomly, forcefully updates itself and can even destroy user data?

it's all they know
i thought it was normal to begin with, too, then i got into linux
managing a server via SSH is so ridiculously more sensible it's not funny.

>inb4 that's retarded
Welcome to the hackshit known as Enterprise