The RAM problem

Why the fuck do you autists bitch and moan constantly that you need like 8GB Of ram t(o browse the internet? On my setup I do day to day activities while almost NEVER peaking about 1.5GB MAX. And yes that is WITH all kinds of bloat on like Spotify, Discord, Steam, a youtube video playing in the background, and shitposting all at the same time.

Attached: crucial-ram-sticks.jpg (650x278, 29K)

Either they use bloated linux distros or they can't setup Gentoo or Arch correctly. My RAM usage hardly exceeds 3GB with heavy daily activity except when I'm running multi VM's.

Os/distro/de?

It's not that hard. I literally use Lubuntu with i3 and it only uses 280M on idle

>almost NEVER peaking about 1.5GB MAX
yeah, that's bs

>I have whooping amount of TWO tabs open
Ok retard

Your parents must be proud of your RAM conservatism. Don't listen to those RAM liberalists, their hardware is bloated and heavy.

Attached: 2018-06-25-034325_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

>tfw we don't live in cyberpunk 2077, and use a computer installed in your brains

???

Imagine if you could control a linux distro with nothing but your mind linked to it

sometimes i fantasize about when we can do something like this. not controlling a computer, but being a computer. my life is a desktop and our lives are in the computer. at max comfort, and also achieving immortality, or atleast the illusion of it

It'll probably be VRchat2.0, but more realistic depending on the server, and also, hackers may alter your digital consciousness to turn you gay or give you a scat fetish, and that's if your data is compromisable.

It's really incredible how bloated mainstream distros are. A while back I did a minimal install of Ubuntu and it still took 50MB of memory to run.

>your brain gets hacked and turned into a botnet

did it have a wm?

>almost NEVER peaking
>can instantly present a screenshot of it
i. e. every fucking time

What is the cpu? Is it a low power 4 core or 2+2 that gets 1200-1800 on cpupassmark?

Tiny Core and Puppy are even smaller.

>use minimalist distro
>doesn't compile kernel frequently
I don't believe you, OP.

Doubt (x)

I use jetbrains program :^)

>using discord
>using steam
>gaming
>maxing under 2GB
post your neofetch, coward

>almost NEVER peaking about 1.5GB MAX.
>using chrome
hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHA

every single thing about this picture makes me want to shoot you through your computer

Thats why you have a layer of abstraction between you and the internet, or require a hard line connection.

I boot and eat 5gb of ram
I have 1 program open that eats 12gb of ram
chrome is eating at least 10gb at the moment if not more.

but then again I use a computer, not babysit the fucker

Sounds alphanumeric!!!!

Attached: enzo1.jpg (390x459, 44K)

I need 32 gb for things other than opening a web browser to write stupid shit and reading stupid shit other people write

ramlet-lets will debate this

Attached: 2018-06-25-081037_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 185K)

Is this a secret operation by the RAM manufacturers to milk customers with the excuse
>"Only the real professionals with a huge budget need such huge amounts as 8Gigabyt, don't worry about kiddo, big wise boyes talking here"
???????

Attached: 1528662680583.png (650x650, 400K)

mfw that resolution

$ free -h
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 15G 7,0G 837M 1,0G 7,6G 6,9G
Swap: 11G 45M 11G

I guess I could barely run with 8GiB but then I wouldn't have any room for I/O cache. Then again it sometimes eats into zram when I spin up projects with lots of containers.

Is this /tpg/ Herrenvolk? Librebooted X60?

no, if you actually care

You ever considered that people use RAM for things other than browsing the internet?

I'm sorry.

I have 24GB DDR3 on this ancient workstation I have.
The reason I haven't upgraded to a new system is because I'm not willing to pay 1 or 2k dollars for 64 or 128GB of DDR4 ram.
It wasn't supposed to cost 400% the real price but gook niggers decided to pull the monopoly card since they only get slaps in the wrist with 300k dollar fines that doesn't even scratch a week of sales at current prices.

i honestly wish you drop dead, stupid fucking autismo

The fuck? Debian Xfce (64-bit) is 230 from start

I think it's a deluded user who has convinced himself (because he can't afford more) that he didn't need more than 3 gig anyway.
This is the sad state of the RAM market and it won't change unless some big government cracks down on the cartel.

10 tabs in chrome
discord
vlc
steam

Attached: wam.png (450x419, 11K)

Attached: Capture.png (183x146, 6K)

4 GB is fine for day-to-day browsing and office. 8 GB is fine for most games, 16 GB is only required for intensive work, VMs, video editing, AAA gaymes.
>TFW upgrading to 32 GB