/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in boards.Jow Forums.org/g/#s=csg

Argon user is the worst poster in /hpg/ edition.

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 3137777 1girl back_bow bangs black_hair bow breasts chocolate_cigarette cigarette (850x1193, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canpicker.com/
dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0
youtu.be/eGslweDOihs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Attached: __original_drawn_by_wadapen__e45a0cf83dc3ac1f32bd6291ab84aed2.jpg (2533x2000, 532K)

Day 6 of DT1990s - left driver gone to barely audible.
Fuck headphones! Never again.
600s is all you need.

Attached: picture of sad.jpg (1918x1370, 1.26M)

should have bought stax, dummy

to have even more expensive disappointment on hands? If stax broke i'd be even more sad.

stax aren't gonna do you wrong like that buddy

Not exactly headphone related but what are some good animu songs/OSTs that are mixed well?

Attached: 00123451.png (889x927, 1.1M)

*Creaks*

how did you manage to break beyerdynamics? get them fixed christ

First you buy Superlux, Then you buy Stax, no other order

Attached: IMG_20180623_152642.jpg (4608x3456, 3.96M)

left driver just stopped working. it's also a good opportunity to return them.
Meme guide is seriously right, headphones suck.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1515878779856.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

HD600 is based

try a different cord

Old headset died on me so looking for a new gaming headset with a mic attatched. I'm a technical noob so advice is always welcome

Would like to be full closed headset that's comfortable for long hours of gaming and is durable.

Ideally looking for the sound to be surround sound due to playing competitive games.

USB or cord is fine, much love Jow Forums

Read the wiki
Superlux 668b (not their best, but good sound stage) get a separate mic, don't be a retard and buy a gaming headset you stupid nigger
If you absolutely need a closed set, which is always worse for gaming, get the pro82s and a mic

of course I did.

>looking for a new gaming headset with a mic attatched.
Read the wiki. Link @ OP.

Kys gaymur retard

is the hd650 treble shit? is it the cause of the veil?
hd600 looks like it has a better FR

>is the hd650 treble shit?
Yes.
>is it the cause of the veil?
Partially. The other factor is the midbass hump, which is significantly more pronounced compared to the hd600.
>hd600 looks like it has a better FR
Because it does have a better FR.
It's not random that most reviewers that compared HD600 with HD650 do prefer the former.

who cares? it's just a headphone to keep you preoccupied until you get STAX

any mods that could fix the hd650?

you can EQ out the hump, they will sound like 600s, sort of

nice. i've heard the coin mod helps with allowing more treble detail. guess i'll give it a try sometime.

If you apply this eq to HD650 then they will sound better than every other headphone without such eq

dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0

Can Etymotic's foam tips stay in five hours without getting too sweaty?

>foam tips
just don't.

A message to 'stax'frog

You messed up. The HE-500 are wannabe Stax. If you wanted true transparency you should've got STAX, if you wanted planar bass you shouldve got Audeze, instead you will get none. Chinkboi

Attached: 1508916721421.jpg (398x361, 28K)

The silicone triflange tips get slippery and fall out.

>if you wanted planar bass you shouldve got Audeze
there's no difference between planar bass and stax bass

get dynamic headphone from the start
if u want good powerful bass.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_wadapen__397e8e7f8cfe45f25e013c1558b6659b.jpg (1976x2520, 539K)

there's no difference between dynamic bass and planar bass

>planar got no bass

all bass sucks, humans aren't meant to hear 100hz and below.

Guys I wanna make my own. Headphones, should I make clipon Planar earclips that don't suck???(I'm looking at your gross hybrid iem's Audeze and monoprice)

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (1000x976, 75K)

The Fiio E10k is the only headphone amplifier you need for the vast majority of so called "hard to drive" headphones. Change my mind (with scientific evidence).

Attached: 1522623144988.png (400x400, 138K)

>smoker
>cute as fuck with any expression/demeanor without even trying
>petite
FUCK I want to marry her.

Attached: 1506464240077.jpg (560x451, 101K)

Start with something simple and easy first user, work your way up

I'll make Stax, since the easiest driver to make is the most expensive to sell user

>smoker girls
Not. Ever.
>smoking
Cancer + damage to equipment (computers, headphones and so on).

Not looking for a life partner looking for a fuck.

Attached: Cover.jpg (630x630, 137K)

I'm a smoker myself, having company instead of opposition is always nice.

Go back to smokkit.

drug addicts not welcome.

think about buying Superlux HD681 , does anyone have experience with them? how is the sounds quality and how comfy are they for long periods of wear? id be plugging them into pc, listening mostly to metal
also what is the difference between Superlux HD681 and Superlux HD681B ?

Attached: 8E2DAD14-4DC8-4173-ABEF-96041E8E4DB6.jpg (2545x3880, 2.27M)

are there measurements of the 009s anywhere yet

>day 4 of waiting for my orthodynamic planar magnetic he-500 headphones!

What if I wanted both?

Attached: received_1651269121636902.png (931x693, 659K)

Oppo HA-2se or Sony PHA-2A?

Help a bro out bros

stax omega

>6 days
That's what the warranty is for.

>smoker
disgusting filth

What's a decent Bluetooth headphone for watching movies(chinese cartoons)? I need to minimize cables because of the TV position people can trip with them

Everytime I see this image I notice something new about it

Attached: Huh227.jpg (600x450, 64K)

None. Bluetooth has a 100ms (minimum) lag. It's super annoying to watch videos with that lag.

Is there a difference between sounding "realistic and lifelike" and sounding "transparent"?

Asking because conflicting statements

>100ms
dafuq how is that possible, my internet ping connection to mexico is 50ms

I dunno what that user is talking about because I use a Bluetooth speaker to watch stuff in bed on my laptop and I've never noticed any delay. Maybe that user has only used dogshit stuff.

What's slow/sloppy bass? it is something with THD?

define "mixed well".

>Awoo
youtu.be/eGslweDOihs

Attached: 1462927224137.jpg (375x375, 104K)

what pad is that?

How's the HD 4.40 BT compared to the HD 559? canpicker lists them at the same price but I can find the 4.40 for much cheaper here.
I can't find any direct comparisons between the two, and I don't care about the extra stuff like bluetooth and media buttons.

Shit, user, go hit any wireless headphones reviewer with delay measurement, 100ms is the bare minimum with bluetooth. You having shit perception doesn't change facts.

Get HD579 instead, if you can.

HD579 is the better budget sennheiser. Careful: It is better than HD598/599.

>It is better than 599.
and now you will try to explaing why

Virtually-identical FR, typically cheaper than HD599, prettier (debatable) and doesn't suffer from "everything is distorted when bass hits hard" flaw many reviewers identified on HD599.

bluetooth as a product is fucking atrocious, its an abomination that its become standard, it should have been put down in the 90s. the quality loss is fucking hilarious too.

>doesn't suffer from "everything is distorted when bass hits hard" flaw many reviewers identified on HD599.
lol

I wouldn't recommend buying a fatally flawed headphone like that.

I have these. Tell me whether or not I'm enjoying them, /hpg/

go watch some zeos kiddo

yes.

You aren't, because you're aware they're no HD600 and that you should stop being a cheapass and buy these already.

Wait, but can't you just compensate with the built in audio delay of the video player? Media player classic has this so you can forward the audio a little. So just set negative 100ms delay, then the 100ms delay of the headphone should cancel it, unless it's not constant.

Indeed, for videos it is fine. Unless you watch one on youtube, where you don't get such a setting.
And then you go and try to play some videogame...
BT is not worth it. It's not. Dropping the cable isn't currently worth it. Face it.
Just order HD600; Don't waste your money on BT shit.

>coin mod
Don't do that, only thing you need is this EQ and the HD650's FR will be objectively superior to the HD600

>needs EQ
>"superior"

the thing with bluetooth is you dont even drop the cable, you still have to charge that shit and its another thing to remember or else suddenly you cant use your headphones when you want if you forgot. it's yet another device to manage instead of something that disappears when you aren't using it.

so you have higher price, worse quality, more delay, more trouble, worse compatibility, worse sound, need to charge, heavier, and fewer choices

the single advantage is not having the headphone cable. which is something I've literally never struggled with. my advice would be if somebody struggles to deal with a headphone cable just go ahead and kill yourself, the world is gonna be too hard for somebody like that

Any headphone will benefit from EQ

Christ, I didn't even think about that.
BT headphones truly are a gimmick.

"Transparent" is closest to what record is. "Realistic" is closest to what you would've actually experienced while listening to the reference of that music (which is most of the time impossible).

you forgot the slowly declining battery life that means you have to replace them after 2 years

It's over bros, the future is wired

Attached: f8ba12c53d267fbcce4c52092a2576a0.jpg (640x480, 61K)

it still boggles my mind that they just plug it into the wall socket lol, I would expect some kind of $4000 transformer that "cleans" the power signal or something and that plugs into like 4 different sockets

How come you guys never talk about 5.1 or 7.1 headphones, are they a meme?

no shitphones

Yes, one of the largest memes in fact. Don't even visit webpages that sell them.

>Shoving 5 speakers or 7 speakers plus a sub into tiny headphones

Where's the guy with the STAX setup on milk crates? He is truly enlightened. Not everyone is blessed with the knowledge of the things in life that matter.

He 500 is hands down superior to every audeze model and has a better fr than every stax. You're delusional

lol

yes, they are garbage

>He 500 is hands down superior to every audeze model
that's true, especially when you factor in price/performance
>better fr than every stax
nah not really

>chifimans
>ever

dumbfrog poster went from shilling stax everyday to shilling chifimans in a heart beat

Distortion cannons.
Actually worse soundstage and placement of sounds than even the cheapest open headphones you'll see recommended around here.

Headphoneniggas will never be true audiophiles

Attached: 1503794888701.png (960x720, 1.17M)

audiophile is basically an insult 2bh