Why did they stop putting these on phones?

Why did they stop putting these on phones?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (410x388, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Why-do-the-new-xperia-phones-removed-Lanyard-Hole/td-p/1158247
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one has ever used one.

What's this?
Ahh, I get it.
So, the answer is: BECAUSE NOBODY EXCEPT YOU IS A FUCKING RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT WHO DROP THEIR PHONE EVERY MINUTE.

Edges?
>implying modern phones aren't even more edgier with no headphone jacks, no hotswappable msd cards, non removable batteries and locked bootloaders

Phones dramaticly esculated in price and we have all trained ourselves to protect and not drop / loose a phone like it was a real body part.

Attached: 1522023056180.gif (324x244, 1.11M)

>Phones increased in price so we got rid of the safety features designed so you don't drop your phone
And what do we have now? Silly use only once finger ring things.

Attached: 2017-new-non-slip-metal-finger-ring-holder.jpg (1000x1000, 65K)

That shit is for adding cute keychains, not for adding a lanyard.

hanging mascots from your phone is for weebs and nips.
the market isnt focussed on them and also no one buys sony anymore.

>trained ourselves to protect and not drop / loose a...
That's what we learn during our toddler stage.
It's just that some never mentally and physically grow up and keep dropping things.
Just look at Nintenbabies that threw their Wiimote at TVs.

Most people have cases now

Attached: 3E062CFD-7922-4B94-90E2-004FDC613FB6.jpg (500x369, 189K)

Muh thinnes

Z5 Compact, best phone ever made.

Attached: Sony-Xperia-Z5-Compact-IFA-AH-24-1600x1067.jpg (1600x1067, 309K)

>Not USB-C

Headphone Jack on top of the device

they look more like some sort of sex toy than anything else

Because you buy chinkshit instead of japanese phones

Is that what they are? I worked in a warehouse where we had these things. The description was just "ring", so I thought they were shitty plastic jewelry. Then I found out it had an adhesive side, so I thought they were towel hangers.

The best things in life are multi-use

Pretty sure only Xperia phones have that now
I'm using a Z2 since 2014 and I don't remember any other phones with that even then

The newer Sony phones don't have it. Not even the XZ1.
The last one they made with it was the Z5

why would you want it at the bottom

With billions of phones to choose from how does the CIA spy meaningfully?

because it's easier to put yout phone upside-down in your pocket

They write programs for POWER servers that do the spying automatically, it's not exactly news, mane

THIS.
That's why we have broken screens now, if you had a wrist strap your big sized phone wouldn't hit the ground.
Speak for yourself
numale rings

fucking EVERYONE usess this shit now

Learn to spell nigger

Wut

>Why did they stop putting these on phones?
spthwy thid they spthop puthing spthese on sthphonez?

Ever tried searching for the answer you dimwitted fucking mongol?

2 bottles of wine, and 30mg oxy pointdexter

You don't have to rotate it to use your phone if the jack is at the bottom of the phone

How can people not know this, like wtf.

The Japanese schoolgirl market is simply not big enough to justify keeping them.

Hated my Pixel for that, had to fumble around with it to use it if I had headphones plugged in

It heats up apparently and the camera is probably terrible

whats that useless hole?

>use only once
pls explain

Cuz rounded aluminium or glass edges don't make for good stress points.

Cases come with that now so it's pretty much an non-issue.

This

I think Japanese schoolgirls now get a thing that goes in the 3.5mm jack and then lets you dangle a thing. I saw it in the Watamote ED.

People usually use those as phone stands

all phones have screens though

Which phones have those now? Is there a way to check?

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Why-do-the-new-xperia-phones-removed-Lanyard-Hole/td-p/1158247
wtf
I suppose I'll just be stuck on either a Z3C or Note 4 forever then; the entire Z5 series is a fire hazard

if this was true, why did apple remove the jack?

To sell more AirPods. This has been well known for years.

The camera is really great, especially when it first came out.
Yeah, it heats up though.
Still looking for a decent replacement smaller sized phone :(

Never ever used one. It'd be very awkward in the pocket.

God Sony phones are so fucking ugly
They're too squared

>t. likes motorola soap bar phones

I'm probably getting the xz1c when the price lowers some more because there's nothing else. Sad they removed the fm radio with the xz1 though.
I disagree.

Attached: z5c.jpg (3745x3021, 998K)

My ex gf used to always have lanyards attached to her phones and wore them around her neck

Imagine. A phone with a chain or lanyard. Can you picture the autism?? Oh god the incels would all have them. It would make my skin *crawl*!

Attached: cell_phone_subway.png (518x699, 356K)

>it heats up
Warm or noticeably hot? I just bought a z5c in the year 2018 because every other phone in existence is fucking shit and the xz1c is still expensive for what it is.

That's actually the best design I've seen for one of these, and it's actually got a use when not being used as a stand.
Miles better than those shitty pog-looking stands that turns your phone into a fidget spinner.

Because they're the hardware equivalent to bloatware,

nah that's the fingerprint reader along with the frontal camera

Yet idiots drop their phones more frequently than ever.

>sony camera being terrible when they make 40% of the smartphone markets camera sensors

Faggot

They never tried to have good image processing until the xz2 which seems to keep up with the other flagships finally.

>They're too squared
literally go and shove a samsung up your ass shitboi

It's the equivalent of pic related

Exactly. But only schoolgirls in nihongo and I know this.

Also, courage.

You can have it back any time user.

Attached: RR10504__1.jpg (300x300, 23K)

I use both

False. It was originally for a lanyard until companies started making charms and keychains for it, then more phone OEMs added them to their phones. Then once smartphones came out, especially the resistive screen era, they became stylus holders for some phones like the LG incite.

t. former regional executive for one of the biggest US carriers, in charge of retail accounts with OEMs. My job was to play with all the unreleased phones all day and then negotiate with OEMs for exclusivity back when that was a thing and only one carrier got certain flagships

Attached: LG_20Incite_20Stylus.jpg (392x241, 132K)

I had that for 3 months and I sold it away.
Compact but shit, especially the camera.

delete this. now.

Attached: 1529575209419.jpg (591x680, 56K)

is that a urethral insertion wand?

>buying a phone for a camera

im not that user, but its one of the main reasons i would buy one (yeah i dont have one yet)
not going to buy a fucking Cannon to take pics for tinder account
also its fun to shitpost in friends fb groups with pics of your balls hanging out from the shorts or sending a pic of all the bottles of alco you bought for the night to drink with them and shit

That's because people use and carry it around everywhere
If you carry and hold a device for multiple hours a day you will eventually drop it one day

Literally most of my purchase of a phone revolves around camera quality.

that's literally the only difference between phones lmao

Tom Hanks, please

>putting keychains in the same pocket with your not-flip phone
People are not actually THIS retarded, right?

working for Sprint is true pain that only the dead no peace from

Kek. It's a telescoping stylus. I fought so hard for my carrier not to touch that fucking phone. I kept telling them that if that's the only 'flagship' offering LG had for the year that we could bid on for the exclusive, then we just didn't need any LG smartphones for the year. I was overruled and we bought it because marketing liked the way the screen had a mirror finish when the display was off, and the stylus charm was "great for the fashionista crowd" (that was a big thing at the time). Then the recession hits hard, Android takes off big, the Windows Mobile 6.1 LG Incite tanks SO HARD that we were forced to GIVE it away (our normal thing was for really hot phones, or phones on their way out, would be priced at $99 with a $100 MiR so we're essentially paying you $1 to take the phone, but the Incite tanked so horribly that we dropped the rebate and just made it free out the door after sales tax on $99. We couldn't even do free + tax on the $499 retail price because no one would buy it for $30 so we had to make it $6 in tax) and I get fucking blamed for the monumental failure of the Incite despite repeatedly voicing my displeasure about EVERY feature of the phone... Shitty camera, WinMo 6.1 but without the specs to run it smoothly, RESISTIVE screen when capacitive was now the standard for smartphones and only feature phones got resistive screens, the expandable storage slot failed a LOT, either not reading the microSD card, corrupting the data, not ejecting the card, or the absolute worst: ejecting the card randomly with a spring strong enough to pop the slot cover off and launch the card about 5 feet which most people didn't notice until they went to use their phone and the card slot was open and the card was gone. And we're talking at a time where 2GB cards were like $40.

Fuck 'em though. I got a huge severance package (though the 8 year NDA and non-compete agreement sucked so I can't talk about certain deets or work in Mobile until next year)

This had to be Sprint

How have they not gone under yet? As a former customer I don't have really anything positive to say about them, their shitty network, or Jewish plans.

I don't even use my phone's camera, I wouldn't mind cutting costs by not even having them.

they hurt sales, think about it

Because there are people who haven't yet had to suffer under Sprint service or there are people stupid enough to fall for their unlimited plans then realize why the unlimited plan was so cheap: the service is complete shit
I kind of hope that T-Mo buys them out and they consolidate the spectrum for an actual useable service because I remember the hype about SoftBank buying them and their Network still hasn't rolled shit out or made coverage better or anything
t. former Sprint phone slinger monkey

Because nowdays phones breaks easily-too easy.
Back then you slap the screen with screen protector and that's it.
Now I need to find a silicone case that encased it so that even the front has a bumper

Nope. Not Sprint.

Fuck the NDA. It's not like they would be able to identify me by my anonymous post on Jow Forums through a vpn and proxy (VPN because I'm on mobile right now at work and proxy for sites that block traffic outside of Canada) so it's not like I'm likely to get sued for just saying what company it was, even though the NDA does specifically say that.

Oh, I know. I'll call it by the nickname some of the store level employees used in reference to how they felt like insignificant cogs: The Deathstar.

They are still around because of boost, and leasing their spectrum to regional carriers. They lease out to cricket, virgin, whatever Walmart's shit is called these days. They're on the third deal with T-Mobile to merge, the first two times the FCC shut them down, but now they're trying again under Trump and it looks like T-Mobile might actually get to buy them this time.

>the deathstar
Oh man, I've heard Stephenson is a psycho

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a psycho, but insufferable cunt fits the bill fairly nicely.

I miss them ad well

Attached: IMG_20180626_220828.jpg (2688x1512, 776K)

>the absolute worst: ejecting the card randomly with a spring strong enough to pop the slot cover off and launch the card about 5 feet
That has to be the most hilarious design fault in a consumer product I have ever heard of. I wonder what kind of stupid name they would give it nowadays, Shootinggate or something?

Is she retarded

>And we're talking at a time where 2GB cards were like $40.
heh, i remember paying $210 for a 2GB ms pro duo card for my psp when it was new

They hate Japanese schoolgirls.

That's why they don't use spring loaded mechanisms any-more : they eventually have slapstick failures.

I know a silly bitch that uses something like this on a case to attach a fucking bell to her phone (spherical, Christmas decoration style). A fucking bell. To a phone. It annoys me just when she's nearby. Glad that I never have to telecommunicate with her.

>putting all this personally identifiable information on Jow Forums
Reddit is down the hall and to the left grandpa

kawaii user-kun