Hey Jow Forums I found a perfect non botnet solution to have Linux UMPC on the go

Hey Jow Forums I found a perfect non botnet solution to have Linux UMPC on the go.
Whenever I need Linux I plug in my Raspberry PI to my phone and it automatically starts a VNC connection. Plug it in and you are on Linux now. No Linux Deploy bullshit and sharing resources. Google can't do shit to you on that Setup.
What do you think?

Attached: IMG_3975.jpg (2816x2112, 1.26M)

The best thing is, BT keyboard is paired with Raspberry PI so no Gay Android system shortcuts preventing me from ALT-tabbing and scrolling.
Rapsberry PI also charges my phone.

You flip that setup out in public?

Everything besides keyboard fits in my pockets. I have a foldable keyboard but trackpoint always win the day.

My god I can't imagine the troubles you must have to browse. Trackpoint is already full cancer but on a screen that small ... What do you even do on internet? Even browsing Jow Forums looks painfull when you're so far away from your phone

You put the keyboard on your laps and keep the phone closer or use pic rel.

Attached: Universal-Funny-Head-Mobile-Phone-Strap-Holder-Adjustable-6-Inch-Black-Phone-Holder-Elastic-Belt-Mou (640x640, 58K)

lmao

>Raspberry Pi
>non botnet
lol

>UMPC
>Cellphone, RasPi, Powerbank, 3 metres of cables and external keyboard
GOOD JOB

Of course he does. He has no concept of what's socially acceptable. That's the thing about people with autism; they're unable to relate to normal people because they don't understand social cues, emotional interaction, etc. They don't 'get' people or their motives, so they just sperg out and create their own little 'bubble' where they surround themselves with things they understand. Computers, at least until self aware AI like in 'her', are very binary. Everything is a true or false, on or off, yes or no, 1 or 0 so it's comforting to an autist because there's no ulterior motives or things being left open to interpretation. Things either are, or aren't. So shit like this is necessary as a coping mechanism.

It just werks bro. I don't own a 3D printer.

do you have a sewing machine?
Cause you're gonna need hell lotta pockets for your Ultra-Mobile Personal Computer.

>non-botnet
>to my phone
>phone

so it’s not non-botnet at all.

Imagine having monitor that is more powerful than a computer it is attached to

But sharing resources between android and linux on a phone sucks, plus this isn't secure. Using VNC makes it safe.

I don't have a simcard in that phone, cameras are taped and microphone is disconnected.

Why do you bother having the phone if it’s not functional?

I don't have a normal card.
I have a polish card with national free internet and use it 24/7 to access internet outside. It can't call or send smsm. No personal data on that phone. When free internet ends in 2020 I'll probably drop the smartphone.

skisłem

Shut the fuck up. Background youtube streaming works fine on Aero2.

>non-botnet
>raspberry-pi
>smartphone
>bluetooth

yeah, no.

What's wrong with bluetooth now? Someone gonna capture my keyboard in my fucking basement from Raspberry PI? The keyboard isn't paired with Android.

What the fuck is the point of having the phone then? Why use 2 computers to accomplish what you can with just 1? At that point you might as well just replace your shitty Android ROM with a full blown Linux distro then fucking retard.

>What's wrong with bluetooth now?
>now

Attached: summer.jpg (640x480, 36K)

No you can't. My device is not supported. I needed a light screen for my PI and HSPA+ Internet modem.

How on earth is this more functional than a laptop?
You could literally just have a x series thinkpad and a phone to tether it to. Instead you have this frankenstein-ass set up that you have to assemble whenever you want to use it.

This setup works for 50+ hours on one powerbank and can be powered via USB. Laptop will die after 6 hours max and that's it. Plus it weights more.

>this whole setup

Attached: 1528835745426.jpg (727x480, 38K)

this
computers are based

Attached: .png (768x1160, 965K)

It adds HDMI output to my phone while charging it at the same time.

And people still think the GPD Pocket form factor is gay.

This is peak autism

You're fucking stupid

Attached: IMG_20180304_142938.jpg (1280x668, 70K)

>socially acceptable
>Bullshit people do because other people do them or have done before.

GPD pocket is the way to go, love mine.

GPD pocket is the way to go, love mine.

it too expensive

Where is your full HDMI port huh?

Literally a lumia 950?

How many full sized USB ports does this Lumia have? What Linux run in this Lumia?

>ultra mobile
>need a backpack, multiple devices and cables, and a desk to use it on

Attached: 1476256145435.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>multiple full sized USB ports on a phone
The state of Jow Forums in 2018

To answer your other question, mainline Linux

Attached: IMG_20180408_040503.jpg (1280x960, 167K)

>>multiple full sized USB ports on a phone suggested to be used in place of a UMPC
The phone has many pros over OP's setup, connectivity isn't one of them.

in the trash it goes

Don't forget that tgis setup gives you access to linux and android at the same time.

I'm fucking dying lmao
Good post.

>Raspberry PI
>non botnet
user

Who gives a fuck, it’s still fucking stupid

This. Most people aren't capable of assessing their own decisions and just follow the crowd

What use is WinRT, really? Does it even have the proper drivers for those SoCs?

Sure, whatever excuse you want to come up with to justify this autistic, pointlessly cumbersome setup just to be as anti-normie as you can be lmao. You faggots will do anything to be “different” even if it means subjecting yourself to this retarded equipment

>missing my point
OK, you can have more fun with your boring normalfag friends
Just don't look down on people who aren't like you

>only one penguin
That's some "great" multicore support right there

Oh I assure you they are a lot less boring than some autist carrying around a full keyboard and usb cable to attach to his phone, and any other sperglord on this board that does similar things to try to stand out. I didn’t miss your point at all, this isn’t different, this is just autistic masochism. Justify it however you like, but that’s what it is.

>people who don't behave like my """normal""" group do it because they have a desire to stand out

That’s correct, no one sane would subject themselves to this garbage just to be “non-botnet”. Doing it for the novelty as a quick project, sure, just to prove it it can be done, but as an actual “solution”? Delusional.

Why are you still taking about OPs bullshit? As I said, you're missing my point

OP here, no bullshit.
This setup is light and can replace a laptop most of the times.

You should have got a cheap ($50) x86 tablet instead

>a raspberry pi attached to a phone via VNC on a tiny phone screen over USB + a full keyboard can replace a small, proper x86 laptop with a WWAN card

sure thing bud

Nice fresh pasta

Attached: check moonman.png (354x346, 138K)

This. If anything, if the tablet doesn’t have a built in SIM reader/radio, you can just get a usb LTE GSM adapter to plug into the tablet and just get one of those Bluetooth keyboard cases similar to a surface. Instead OP chose to buy an underpowered ARM piece of garbage that needs to be attached to a power bank AND the phone via wires, then VNC into it, and attach a full keyboard.

What insanity is this?

I can't fit a tablet in my pants. With MS foldable keyboard I can fit everything in my jeans.

Attached: 20180626_212434.jpg (2896x1513, 2M)

Also intel atom tablets don't support Linux properly.

>can't fit a flat 7" tablet into pants
Support has been improving over the years, almost everything is supported by now

*snap*

>almost everything is supported by now
Bullshit also no HDMI and full USB ports.

>no HDMI
wrong, just get the right model
>full USB ports
USB-OTG and even a small hub are more portable than what you built
And since you value portability so much, I don't get why you would use something that at least has proper standby

You can't use USB devices and power the tablet at the same time on 99% of devices.

Wrong again, you just need a special cable

Nope, if your ROM/kernel doesn't support it your meme cable won't work.

We were talking about atom tablets, not garbage phones

Yes, we are talking about garbage atoms.

why not use a real laptop instead

Too large and heavy to fit into pockets.

i can take my x220 to any place where i need it but im not a internet addicted dyel

And your keyboard and all that shit isn’t?

Adding this to my cringe compilation

*SNAP*

keylogging
dummy
just get an lcos pico projector

nope. All in my left pocket with a foldable keyboard

>UMPC

Attached: a.png (600x518, 391K)

I dont disagree, but my point was that carrying about 3 or 4 things, cables, dongles and all sorts of crap defeats the fucking point IMO.

If you want a pocket computer a 6-8 inch form factor is the sweet spot. Its just a shame that the GPD Pocket is underpowered, a m3 like whats in the low end surface pro would be nice.

That’s not what you have in your OP image.

Old picture, all 8 cores are up now

How's driver support in general for the soc?

Is there really a Tux shown for each core? The last time I saw this I was on a single-core machine and just thought Tux appeared to appear

>trackpoint
>full cancer

You're on Jow Forums you sperglord. What the fuck else are you manipulating your mouse with?

Attached: image.jpg (600x516, 302K)

Yes, Linux shows 1 tux per core (or HyperThread unit)

Not that guy, but I never got used to the thinkpad trackpoint, it sucks compared to the one in older laptops I've used. The touchpad is simply superior for me.

you cant be serious

>not living in the cyberpunk future

bump

>VNC
>not ssh

>Trackpoint is already full cancer
kys

What if you understand it but you don't give a shit about it because people and their petty opinions are meaningless to you? I'm not going to shit my pants, or fart on people. But I don't give a damn if someone thinks my computer is weird. That's pathetic.
btw nice fresh copypasta.

every day we stray further from god

Hey. It allows you to work when there is no desk, for example on a train.

Is there such a rhing as foldable keyboard with trackpoint?

Disposable computers are great for privacy.

Attached: RPI-Zero-RaspberryPi-e1449405435782.jpg (2334x1560, 1.29M)