Why is nobody making an Open source captcha to replace the google one?

why is nobody making an Open source captcha to replace the google one?

Surely it can't be that hard to code

Attached: 4i1CrFj_d.jpg (640x1091, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Captcha_Alternatives_and_thoughts
alternativeto.net/software/recaptcha/?license=opensource
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well then why you don't code one?

I'll make the logo

gib full comic

I was curious about this too, so whats the difficult part?

Honestly it is worth a discussion... I just saw a discussion of this - w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Captcha_Alternatives_and_thoughts

There are captcha alternatives, but some of them are no more open and others are wonky in some way. I do find it strange there isn't more interest in the field but maybe if the W3C approves an open spec for capcha compliance that would help.

It's extremely easy but nobody has thought of it before OP

I see a new Jow Forums Adventure

Because it would replace it the same way GNU/+Linux replaced Windows as a Desktop OS.

Give me a weekend and a case of beer.

how will it be funded? making a CAPTCHA like Google's costs server time.

It's open source.
You can host it yourself.

What about a distributed one? Look at the W3 link above right, clearly there are concerns about things like privacy and accessibility (ie something for the blind, deaf, etc.. people to have an option too. Imagine if there was some website you wanted to go to and it was like "Hi, the only way to get in is to read this shit in braille and tell us what it says", which is probably what "click the picture of the fucking cake" feels like to someone blind I'm guessing.).

Perhaps some sort of W3C compliant interpretation could mean that every web server that chose to could use a small percentage of their processing power etc.. to run a distributed capcha app?

I'm kind of surprised that some of the big-data competitors for Google, from Microsoft (Azure) to especially fucking Amazon haven't tried to make their own capcha alternative, in the meantime though

alternativeto.net/software/recaptcha/?license=opensource

if you site has a low traffic volume, the dataset for the CAPTCHA won't be accurate/will be easy to manipulate. it will likely require powerful hardware too, probably GCloud TPUs.

what the fuck do blind people on the internet?

>what the fuck do blind people on the internet?
Dumbest post I've read today.

I'm not one but from what I've read and been told by a blind friend is that many OSes and websites (I think its in current W3C specs and stuff) provide for OCR and there is lots of software that will read stuff to you. Go into the accessibility tab of Windows or a desktop Linux distro and there's probabl;y something that will read shit off as you mouse over it, if not something more involved.

There used to be a lot of proprietary hardware an special kit needed but these days the default setup is a better start than it used to be of people who are blind or have some low vision impairment.

Always makes me kek

Give me a weekend and some cocaine

> why dont you just look at the CAPTCHA
> based blind people

Attached: 1527533517440.jpg (600x750, 27K)

>what the fuck do blind people on the internet?
Chat (Text and Voice)
Listen to music
Read Wikipedia
Play games (text-based, e.g. Chess or MUDs)